Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1375293 times)

vansmack

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #2895 on: November 01, 2010, 01:25:06 pm »
Agreed on all accounts.

More importantly was how good Park looked (though he still can't finish) and how right-back DeSilva shut down Bale.  Very encouraging as UTD still struggle to deal with the Valencia injury.

Once Ver der Vaart came off, I felt Spurs had no real threat.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #2896 on: November 01, 2010, 01:29:16 pm »

Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that Wayne Rooney's shock contract U-turn came about as a result of the animosity shown towards him by Manchester United fans.

The England striker looked set to depart United after questioning the club's trophy-winning potential - with Manchester City the most likely destination - but, just two days after confirming his intention to leave, he signed a new long-term contract at Old Trafford.

While cynics have suggested that Rooney's desire to leave was no more than a ploy to increase his wages, Ferguson believes that the 24-year-old changed his mind because of the ire aimed in his direction by the United faithful.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=838036&sec=england&cc=5901
27>34

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #2897 on: November 02, 2010, 10:13:33 am »
How awkward do they look on the photo in the article?  Talk about faking it!!!!! This saga is far from over if you ask me.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #2898 on: November 03, 2010, 11:39:10 am »
Is it me or has Berbatov slipped back into 'I'd rather be having a root canal than playing this stupid game' mode?

Smalling is the real deal or what though? And I don't know how we'll do after the ginger prince retires from playing. There's no replacing that bloke...

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #2899 on: November 04, 2010, 04:39:50 pm »
THREE IN A ROW!! Has my prediction of a complete implosion at middle-eastlands come sooner than anticipated?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/9154974.stm

And why is nobody else on here....I'm sick of talking to myself. The echo is giving me a headache too...too....too..too..to...t

lagas

« Reply #2900 on: November 04, 2010, 05:21:37 pm »
in other news, bielsa is on his way out of chile...great, just great...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/nov/04/marcelo-bielsa-chile
zorra

vansmack

« Reply #2901 on: November 04, 2010, 07:11:45 pm »
And why is nobody else on here....I'm sick of talking to myself. The echo is giving me a headache too...too....too..too..to...t

Listen pal, you went on MIA on me for months...if you think I'm just going to forget that because you've come back to me, well think again.

Anyhow....Tevez in Argie, huge suprise?  Not a chance.  There is trouble a foot...
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2902 on: November 05, 2010, 08:38:25 am »
haha there was half a season of just me and smackie going back and forth

i agree, the wheels are coming of mancini's city. big chance for spurs to get the back to back cl spots, which is huge in my opinion

is capello really going to call up a 28 year-old championship striker? i hope that's with carroll and not instead of
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #2903 on: November 05, 2010, 09:26:24 am »
in other news, bielsa is on his way out of chile...great, just great...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/nov/04/marcelo-bielsa-chile

I bet he's looking at property in Manchester......

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #2904 on: November 05, 2010, 09:28:07 am »
haha there was half a season of just me and smackie going back and forth

i agree, the wheels are coming of mancini's city. big chance for spurs to get the back to back cl spots, which is huge in my opinion

is capello really going to call up a 28 year-old championship striker? i hope that's with carroll and not instead of

One thing I like about Capello is he looks further afield than the usual supsects when selecting his squad.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2905 on: November 05, 2010, 09:48:29 am »
except at the world cup that is
o/\o

hutch

« Reply #2906 on: November 05, 2010, 11:57:25 am »
You know thats a good point about Bielsa.. He would be perfect for the Premier League..

I had not thought of that...

I do think his approach in the game against Brazil in this past WC was very naive.

vansmack

« Reply #2907 on: November 05, 2010, 12:34:46 pm »
Gareth Bale is like a pair of leather pants.

Great for scoring in Europe, but useless at home.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2908 on: November 05, 2010, 01:08:37 pm »
oh man

i am crying in my office
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #2909 on: November 05, 2010, 07:46:14 pm »
You'd think the smart money is on Gooch, but Zlatan is actually a black belt. Good fight.

Oguchi Onyewu gets in practice scuffle

ROME -- AC Milan teammates Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Oguchi Onyewu brawled during a training match Friday.

Team vice president Adriano Galliani, speaking with SkySport24 TV, described the fight as "very lively" but said both players have resolved their differences. He didn't say what sparked the brawl.

Italy's Gazzetta dello Sport newspaper, however, reported things got heated after Onweyu reacted to a reckless tackle from Ibrahimovic by choking the Milan forward. The U.S. defender and the Swedish forward then came to blows during the scrimmage and had to be separated by teammates and Milan staff, according to the Italian news agency ANSA.

Onyewu missed most of Milan's 2009-10 season due to a serious knee injury, making just one appearance before rupturing the patellar tendon in his left knee during a World Cup qualifier when playing for the United States against Costa Rica.

His contract had two years left to run, but fit-again Onyewu requested a further year and told the club he would play for free.

AC Milan was training at its Milanello field ahead of Sunday's away match with Bari.
27>34