Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1375246 times)

godsshoeshine

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #3465 on: June 02, 2011, 09:14:51 pm »
someone's gotta make sure the bench doesnt float away

?
i'm sorry

someone's gotta make sure the training table doesn't float away
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3466 on: June 03, 2011, 09:19:11 am »
someone's gotta make sure the bench doesnt float away

?
i'm sorry

someone's gotta make sure the training table doesn't float away

??

imbecile

« Reply #3467 on: June 03, 2011, 09:32:07 am »
We need to keep this thread going through the offseason because I'm getting withdrawals already....even if we have to discuss MLS.

So, round 2 of DC vs LA is tonight.

Some say LA was robbed to only get 1 point out of the last match, I see it differently.  The Davies dive and subsequent PK conversion was a blatant make-up call for blowing the Ngwenya call in the box that should've clearly been a PK, so that's a wash.  The real travesty in that game was Beckham (you see how I make this somewhat relevant to the current topic at hand - Man U.) absolutely destroyed Josh Wolff and should've seen red with about 60 minutes left in the match.  After thoroughly outplaying Portland at Jeld-Wen on Sunday, I think DC is primed for another good game; however, as a DC fan I'm well aware that means we'll probably choke.

Speaking of bad calls - Why is the officiating in MLS so bad?  Now that most international leagues are done, why can't they import some real officials for the remainder of the season, they're not busy.. i don't think.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3468 on: June 03, 2011, 12:27:45 pm »
I'm available to ref till August when travel picks up again...and I'm AWSOME!

vansmack

« Reply #3469 on: June 03, 2011, 07:28:13 pm »
@themichaelowen: Prefer playing less often in a top team than every game in a poor team. Been there & didn't enjoy it.

Freddy Shepard: "We might have been a poor team, but we made him a rich man. It works out at around £500,000 for every game in a Newcastle shirt. Poor? Well, he wasn't poorer for it. He spent more time ferrying between Cheshire and Tyneside in his £3.5 million helicopter."

Derek Llambias: "Under Kevin Keegan's management he was offered a one-year extension at £140,000 a week, which he did not take. He was already on £133,000. His time here cost £40-odd million, about £1.3 million per goal."

I'm awaiting Liverpool's response as maybe he was referring to them too...
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #3470 on: June 03, 2011, 08:30:35 pm »
classic example of a guy spending too much time making stuff up on twitter rather than doing his job
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3471 on: June 06, 2011, 10:02:45 am »
MANCHESTER UNITED

NEWCASTLE UNITED

LIVERPOOL

Who would you do? Just sayn....

godsshoeshine

« Reply #3472 on: June 06, 2011, 12:06:00 pm »
any of those people score more times a year than poor lil mikey
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3473 on: June 06, 2011, 12:08:18 pm »
any of those people score more times a year than poor lil mikey

...but not Giggsy by all accounts!!!!  :o

hutch

« Reply #3474 on: June 06, 2011, 12:09:03 pm »
was embarassed for US against spain..

why bother playing the world champs without your a team?

vansmack

« Reply #3475 on: June 06, 2011, 12:25:54 pm »

I'm embarrassed for Carlos Tevez every time he leaves England.

As for the US, they're prepping for the Gold Cup, where they won't need their A team until the final versus Mexico.  In LA, June 25 by the way.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #3476 on: June 06, 2011, 12:35:41 pm »

As for the US, they're prepping for the Gold Cup, where they won't need their A team until the final versus Mexico.  In LA, June 25 by the way.

huh? I root for the US...i had a hand injury so dont type much lately
am aware of gold cup
so why have spain over if you cant field your a team?

vansmack

« Reply #3477 on: June 06, 2011, 12:43:51 pm »

so why have spain over if you cant field your a team?

That's a completely different question and you'll have to ask US soccer, but I know exactly why they fielded the team they did.  With MLS playing that weekend and the Gold Cup starting in 3 days after the match, I was not the slightest bit surprised at the line up.  Nor was I surprised by the result.
27>34

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3478 on: June 06, 2011, 01:14:57 pm »

Tevez is dumber than a pile of camel dung...does he not think his comments won't get back to England or something?

Let him go play for Boca Jr.s or whatever he wants to do this week....he's just an embarrassment to himself at this point.. "I want to leave...I kiss the badge of Man City...I want to play in Italy....I want to go to Madrid....I kiss the city badge again...FUCK OFF ALREADY!
Turns out SAF was the genius we know him to be, letting the twat go across to the council house. Let them deal with his prima donna arse...

hutch

« Reply #3479 on: June 06, 2011, 01:20:50 pm »

Tevez is dumber than a pile of camel dung...does he not think his comments won't get back to England or something?

Let him go play for Boca Jr.s or whatever he wants to do this week....he's just an embarrassment to himself at this point.. "I want to leave...I kiss the badge of Man City...I want to play in Italy....I want to go to Madrid....I kiss the city badge again...FUCK OFF ALREADY!
Turns out SAF was the genius we know him to be, letting the twat go across to the council house. Let them deal with his prima donna arse...

i think the dumb ones are man city not tevez..he wants to leave..its been clear for over a year!!

having said that its been dissapointing to see th continues lack of professionalism..have lost my respect 4 him
in fairness tevez led league in scoring and led man city to the title
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 01:24:27 pm by hutch »