Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1371929 times)

godsshoeshine

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #3855 on: August 21, 2012, 07:41:58 pm »
Unsurprisingly, United looked as uncreative as last season, though I was very impressed with Kagawa.  Given the back four, I'm not at all surprised by the result.

On the bright side, SAF didn't assault the linesman so we can still claim the moral high ground.  For now.
yes, we are all praying that the linesman recovers from his awful, awful injuries
o/\o

godsshoeshine

« Reply #3856 on: August 21, 2012, 08:18:30 pm »
sounds like beIN is going to have to splash some serious cash to add more providers or buy goltv

i watched it some this weekend, much better than goltv

I would call Comcast and ask, but I would have to explain to them what it is.  Given that they still don't understand that FSC+ is not FSC, I'm not even going to bother.

I'll eventually call Verizon.. this blows.. without the European games GOL TV has been gutted...the whole point of getting the darn sports package was to watch Barcelona play.
goltv still has bundesliga, but beIN has too many matches for 1 channel in my opinion
o/\o

hutch

« Reply #3857 on: August 21, 2012, 08:54:45 pm »
sounds like beIN is going to have to splash some serious cash to add more providers or buy goltv

i watched it some this weekend, much better than goltv

I would call Comcast and ask, but I would have to explain to them what it is.  Given that they still don't understand that FSC+ is not FSC, I'm not even going to bother.

I'll eventually call Verizon.. this blows.. without the European games GOL TV has been gutted...the whole point of getting the darn sports package was to watch Barcelona play.
goltv still has bundesliga, but beIN has too many matches for 1 channel in my opinion

if beIN bought Gol they really would have no use for almost their entire programming.. they say they are in negotiations.. I don't want to switch to Direct TV unless I have to.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #3858 on: August 22, 2012, 01:20:59 pm »
all usmnt away world cup qualifiers are going to be on beIN too. ouch for cable customers
o/\o

hutch

« Reply #3859 on: August 22, 2012, 02:07:49 pm »
all usmnt away world cup qualifiers are going to be on beIN too. ouch for cable customers

yeah.. i need that channel..unless something happens.. goodbye verizon.. problem is i'd still need them for internet i think..

vansmack

« Reply #3860 on: August 22, 2012, 02:13:27 pm »

Good thing the bar two blocks from my place is an official USMNT location to watch games (and a DirecTV subscriber...).
27>34

hutch

« Reply #3861 on: August 22, 2012, 02:14:52 pm »

Good thing the bar two blocks from my place is an official USMNT location to watch games (and a DirecTV subscriber...).

Yeah see I just don't want to watch the games at a bar.. .I know Summers will show them but so what..

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3862 on: August 23, 2012, 07:38:52 am »
Seems refs have chelksi blindness again this season when it comes to offsides.

vansmack

« Reply #3863 on: August 23, 2012, 06:28:22 pm »
@SoccerInsider: Comcast has agreed to pick up beIN Sport but might take several weeks to roll out across all markets, spokesman says

Smackie RT @Comcast: in HD? @SoccerInsider: Comcast has agreed to pick up beIN Sport but might take several weeks to roll out across all markets

My friend who works at Comcast tweets me back:  I don't even know we bother attempting to please you. It's impossible. 
27>34

hutch

« Reply #3864 on: August 23, 2012, 06:39:54 pm »
@SoccerInsider: Comcast has agreed to pick up beIN Sport but might take several weeks to roll out across all markets, spokesman says

Smackie RT @Comcast: in HD? @SoccerInsider: Comcast has agreed to pick up beIN Sport but might take several weeks to roll out across all markets

My friend who works at Comcast tweets me back:  I don't even know we bother attempting to please you. It's impossible. 

:D

vansmack

« Reply #3865 on: August 30, 2012, 02:46:20 pm »
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW

Group A: Porto, Dynamo Kiev, Paris St. Germain, Dinamo Zagreb
Group B: Arsenal, Schalke, Olympiakos, Montpellier
Group C: AC Milan, Zenit St. Petersburg, Anderlecht, Malaga
Group D: Real Madrid, Manchester City, Ajax, Borussia Dortmund
Group E: Chelsea, Shakhtar Donetsk, Juventus, FC Nordsjaelland
Group F: Bayern Munich, Valencia, Lille, BATE Borisov
Group G: Barcelona, Benfica, Spartak Moscow, Celtic
Group H: Manchester United, Braga, Galatasaray, Cluj

I remember feeling really good about last years draw too, and we all know how that ended...
27>34

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3866 on: August 30, 2012, 05:17:48 pm »
Group D for DEATH!!

As for United....ditto. I just said that to a coworker/chelksi supporter. As for his team, even he admits his team can't defend their way to the final two years in a row.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #3867 on: August 30, 2012, 06:51:45 pm »
don't need to with hazard. how healthy that kid stays will dictate how chelsea's season goes
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3868 on: August 31, 2012, 11:15:44 am »
Deadline day

In Summary
Man City sign Maicon from Inter Milan
Van der Vaart moves to Hamburg
Berbatov moves from Man Utd to Fulham
Stoke complete Adam signing
Sinclair completes move to Man City
De Jong leaves Man City for AC Milan
Dempsey turns down move to Aston Villa
Transfer window officially closes 23:00 BST

Dempsey is the new Tevez.
Thank you and best wishes to Berba.

vansmack

« Reply #3869 on: August 31, 2012, 11:47:24 am »
Supposedly BEin is paying Comcast to carry the channel for the first year.
27>34