Author Topic: Should have got your number...  (Read 11527 times)

no_selfesteem

Should have got your number...
« on: January 15, 2004, 03:18:00 pm »
I met you at the Victor Wooten concert last night.  We only talked for a moment, but I am now kicking myself for not getting your number, or at least letting you know how beautiful I thought you were.  We talked about tea, you mentioned white, and I mentioned another type.  E-mail me at 930@nicksmithpublications.com with the type of tea I mentioned if you care to talk.  If not, I totally understand.

With hope...

Bags

Re: Should have got your number...
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 03:19:00 pm »
Love the post, and hope he/she responds, but don't you think a more positive display name would help?

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 03:39:00 pm »
I was sitting here brainstorming for DAYS thinking about what was missing on this board.....now I know.......we need a singles/I Saw You thread running nonstop on this forum!!......brilliant!  :roll:

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 04:15:00 pm »
Don't you think beautiful women probably get tired of complete strangers approaching them and telling them how beautiful they are within the first five minutes of conversation?

Tell her she has great taste in shoes or shows or, or that you love her haircut. That way you're complimenting something she had a role in choosing.

Originally posted by no_selfesteem:
  I met you at the Victor Wooten concert last night.  We only talked for a moment, but I am now kicking myself for not getting your number, or at least letting you know how beautiful I thought you were.  We talked about tea, you mentioned white, and I mentioned another type.  E-mail me at 930@nicksmithpublications.com with the type of tea I mentioned if you care to talk.  If not, I totally understand.

With hope...

mankie

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2004, 04:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by imrotten:
  I was sitting here brainstorming for DAYS thinking about what was missing on this board.....now I know.......we need a singles/I Saw You thread running nonstop on this forum!!......brilliant!   :roll:  
We already have one with walkie and paige slobbering all over each other via the board.

sonickteam2

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2004, 04:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Don't you think beautiful women probably get tired of complete strangers approaching them and telling them how beautiful they are within the first five minutes of conversation?

actually, when i saw Coldplay in Baltimore there was a girl sitting next to me and she was very beautiful.  I was with friends so really wasnt talking to her at all, but before i left, she kinda looked over and i just told her that she was the most beautiful girl i had seen in a very long time.  and as we were walking to the car she caught all the way up to us and gave me her number and i actually met up with her a week later....she was 19.  haha.  oops.  
  ok, stupid story, but flattery never dies, even if its generic.  :)

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2004, 04:28:00 pm »
I was just about to ask...what was she, 18 or something?

Sorry, I was referring to WOMEN. Maybe the cheeseball flattery does work on GIRLS.

Originally posted by sonickteam2:

actually, when i saw Coldplay in Baltimore there was a girl sitting next to me and she was very beautiful.  I was with friends so really wasnt talking to her at all, but before i left, she kinda looked over and i just told her that she was the most beautiful girl i had seen in a very long time.  and as we were walking to the car she caught all the way up to us and gave me her number and i actually met up with her a week later....she was 19.  haha.  oops.  
  ok, stupid story, but flattery never dies, even if its generic.   :)  [/b]

mankie

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2004, 04:30:00 pm »
I don't think there's anything wrong with telling a woman you think she's beautiful, as long as you're being genuine of course. Although, I think you're taking a chance of being belittled doing it in DC with the majority of them being nasty bitches around here.

There was a woman in the Fresh Fields in Rockville a few months ago and she caught me staring at her, so I said, "I'm sorry for staring, but you have the most beautiful eyes" She thanked me for the compliment and we went our seperate ways. I decided to be honest because that was the reason she caught my eye.

Guiny

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2004, 04:43:00 pm »
Don't remember what i said to some chick at a concert last year but what ever it was she liked it, she had her tongue down my throat for the rest of the show, of coures i never did get her name......matter of fact i havent seen her since......We need more shows like that.

sonickteam2

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2004, 04:48:00 pm »

Sorry, I was referring to WOMEN. Maybe the cheeseball flattery does work on GIRLS.

actually, you snotty little prick. if you actually knew any women besides your grain eating ass kissing bulldyke-lesbian wife, you would know that girls AND women DO like that stuff. or maybe just the snotty assholes you know arent bothered by that petty genuine flattery.  not all women need some guy to use a "line" like "nice shoes"  come on Rhett, what women are you going to pick up by saying that?!

redsock

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2004, 04:54:00 pm »
 actually, you snotty little prick. if you actually knew any women besides your grain eating ass kissing bulldyke-lesbian wife, you would know that girls AND women DO like that stuff.
Wow, I'm not sure if you have to have a thick skin for that not to bother you a little, or a thin skin to let anything sonick says bother you. i'm on the fence on this one.

sonickteam2

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2004, 04:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by redsock:
  Wow, I'm not sure if you have to have a thick skin for that not to bother you a little, or a thin skin to let anything sonick says bother you. i'm on the fence on this one.
ha. i think sometimes i just get sick of Rhett being a knowitall prick.  and for a moment i got on a typing roll.  sorry, redsock, back to my Ben Folds review  ;)

Bags

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2004, 04:57:00 pm »
I always give a compliment when I notice something that looks especially good -- either someone's watch or hair or a great tie or fabulous purse.  I think it's awesome to give a warm fuzzy because it's genuine, and they know it -- I don't know them, and am just admiring their taste.  If you admire it, let 'em know.  Makes people feel good.

I don't tend to give those general, "you're so handsome" compliments.

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2004, 05:00:00 pm »
I was never interested in "picking up" women. I always wanted a girlfriend. I suppose if you're looking to get laid by some slut, a cheeseball comment like "You're beautiful" might be a good starting point. Although if she truly is a looker, she's probably heard a stupid line like that a million times, and probably thinks you're just another moron.

I tell my wife she's beautiful practically every day of the year. And yes, she likes it when I tell it to her. But I sure as shit didn't tell her that until I actually got to know her.

actually, you snotty little prick. if you actually knew any women besides your grain eating ass kissing bulldyke-lesbian wife, you would know that girls AND women DO like that stuff. or maybe just the snotty assholes you know arent bothered by that petty genuine flattery.  not all women need some guy to use a "line" like "nice shoes"  come on Rhett, what women are you going to pick up by saying that?! [/b]

sonickteam2

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2004, 05:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:
  I always give a compliment when I notice something that looks especially good -- either someone's watch or hair or a great tie or fabulous purse.  I think it's awesome to give a warm fuzzy because it's genuine, and they know it -- I don't know them, and am just admiring their taste.  If you admire it, let 'em know.  Makes people feel good.

I don't tend to give those general, "you're so handsome" compliments.
right, when i said it, it wasnt even meant to get a response, i just felt as though she might want to know that i thought that. or something.  I didnt expect her to chase after me.  its like saying "nice car"  doesnt mean i want a ride...hehe.