Author Topic: Jagr traded to NY Rangers  (Read 5277 times)

sonickteam2

Jagr traded to NY Rangers
« on: January 23, 2004, 06:22:00 pm »

vansmack

Re: Jagr traded to NY Rangers
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2004, 06:26:00 pm »
You might as well agree to pay $20 million of the $44 Million remaining on his contract AFTER this season because this upcoming lockout is going to be UGLY.  

Good deal for the Caps.  Well, a good salvage to a bad deal, anyway.
27>34

Guiny

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2004, 06:45:00 pm »
It dont matter, the Maple Leafs will still beat the Capitals.

sonickteam2

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2004, 11:45:00 pm »
but they wont beat the BRUINS!

RonniStar

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2004, 01:50:00 am »
The trade of Jagr was in the works since April of last year. I heard about those rumors on a sports radio last spring, the same day as the 2003 NFL Draft. It's been in the works for months, but the final details needed to work. Put the signing of Jagr under another bad deal in Washington Sports.

Guiny

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2004, 05:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
  but they wont beat the BRUINS!
Thursday December 4th, 2003

Toronto 6
 Boston  0

Standings:

Toronto 63 pts
 Boston  58 pts

mankie

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2004, 06:10:00 pm »
I remember when the Caps got Jagr, I was in Ireland and it was on the news over there....I said then they will live to regret that deal..was mankie right? You betcha!

I'm just glad we got Anson Carter and not Cry Baby Lindros in exchange, which was also in the works.

Other rumours is that Philly want Kolzig and Gonchar, but Gonch separated his shoulder last night so that may nix that deal.

Time to rebuild with all these *ahem* superstars doing absolutely nothing for the team...as long as they keep Lang and Bonzai I'm fine with it.

By the way, did anyone see Jagr interviewed on Channel 4 news last night? He was almost in tears...did NOT want to go....not sure if he didn't want to go to NY or didn't want to leave Washington.

paige

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2004, 06:47:00 pm »
when i first read the topic of the thread i could have sworn it said "jaguar traded to the ny rangers" and i thought "why on earth would our jag to to new york?"
  oops   :p

slappy

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2004, 12:23:00 am »
Mankie...don't let this go to yer head but...I must commend you on your Caps opinions.

Whenever you post about them its spot on. Way better than 90% moronic posts on the Caps message board.

Rags get pounded by Ottawa 9-1  :eek:  in Jagr debut!

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2004, 04:37:00 am »
Originally posted by i do not heart winter:
  when i first read the topic of the thread i could have sworn it said "jaguar traded to the ny rangers" and i thought "why on earth would our jag to to new york?"
  oops    :p  
>>> You are correct......we have traded The Jaguar to New York for Woody Allen......and I'm sure we have got the shitty end of the stick......that little pedophile is a HORRIBLE hockey player!!

vansmack

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2004, 12:41:00 pm »
IS everything all right in Caps land?  

Report: Capitals owner, fan scuffle after loss

Associated Press
 WASHINGTON -- Washington Capitals owner Ted Leonsis apologized to a fan who accused him of grabbing his neck and throwing him to the ground after a game.

Capitals spokesman Kurt Kehl confirmed Tuesday that Leonsis -- who is a vice chairman of America Online -- called Jason Hammer, a 20-year-old season-ticket holder who had taunted the owner.

"He's embarrassed. He regrets the incident happened," Kehl said. "He reached out to the fan."

Hammer, a Washington resident and season ticket-holder who sits across from Leonsis' luxury box, told The Washington Post that Leonsis placed his hands on his neck and tossed him down after the Capitals' home loss to Philadelphia on Sunday.

"The security guards came and broke it up, and pulled me away to the side," Hammer said. "But Ted was still trying to come at me again."

Other witnesses offered different versions to the Post.

Hammer told the Post he had led a derisive chant directed toward the owner during the game and held up a sign that read: "Caps Hockey; AOL Stock -- See a Pattern?"

Leonsis, 48, is vice chairman of America Online.

After the game, Hammer said he was walking past Leonsis with the sign held above his head when the owner approached him. Hammer then said Leonsis strangled him and security guards were needed to restrain the owner.

Team sources told the Post that Hammer had thrust the sign near Leonsis' face and heckled the owner, and Leonsis had shoved the fan aside.

One witness told the Post that Leonsis grabbed Hammer by the collar, drove him backward and pushed him down. Another witness said Leonsis and Hammer were yelling at each other before the owner approached the fan. The two then shoved each other, the witness said, before security guards restrained Leonsis.

Hammer, who told the newspaper Leonsis had called to apologize, said he did not intend to press charges.

"I think both he and I are going to drop it and continue on and have it be like that," he said.

Leonsis, 48, has a reputation as one of the more fan-friendly chief executives in professional sports. He often can be seen personally greeting spectators at Capitals home games and he answers fans' e-mails.

Sunday's game was the team's first at home since it traded star forward Jaromir Jagr to the New York Rangers. The Capitals have languished at the bottom of the NHL standings this season.
27>34

sonickteam2

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2004, 12:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  IS everything all right in Caps land?  

you dont look at the standings do you?? hehe.

vansmack

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2004, 12:49:00 pm »
Just saw the other post.  Sorry Mank.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2004, 01:41:00 pm »
someone should pass a law barring anyone that ever worked for aol from owning any team in the washington dc area.

was bummed to see jagr come down here for so little, but i knew the pens couldn't pay him what he wanted. the caps followed a steal of a trade with at terrible contract. wait to go. but really, there won't be any penguins after this season, so the nhl can burn in hell for all i care.
o/\o

mankie

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2004, 02:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by slappy:
  Mankie...don't let this go to yer head but...I must commend you on your Caps opinions.

Whenever you post about them its spot on. Way better than 90% moronic posts on the Caps message board.

Rags get pounded by Ottawa 9-1   :eek:   in Jagr debut!
Thanks, I love my Caps almost as much as my United.