Author Topic: Let's get Ted in uniform...  (Read 8080 times)

mankie

Let's get Ted in uniform...
« on: January 27, 2004, 10:39:00 am »
....God knows the Caps need someone with some passion.

Report: Leonsis Grabs Fan at Hockey Game

Washington Capitals owner Ted Leonsis grabbed a 20-year-old fan by the neck and threw him to the ground after being taunted during the team's home loss to Philadelphia on Sunday, The Washington Post reported Tuesday.

Jason Hammer, a Washington resident and season ticket-holder who sits across from Leonsis' luxury box, said he had led a derisive chant directed toward the owner during the game and held up a sign that read: "Caps Hockey; AOL Stock -- See a Pattern?" Leonsis, 48, is vice chairman of America Online.

After the game, which was the first for the Capitals at home since the trade of star forward Jaromir Jagr, Hammer said he was walking past Leonsis with the sign held above his head when the owner approached him. Hammer then said Leonsis strangled him and security guards were needed to restrain the owner.

Team sources told the Post that Hammer had thrust the sign near Leonsis' face and heckled the owner, and Leonsis had shoved the fan aside.

Leonsis declined to comment to the Post. Attempts by The Associated Press to reach Leonsis early Tuesday morning were unsuccessful.

One witness told the Post that Leonsis grabbed Hammer by the collar, drove him backward and pushed him down. Another witness said Leonsis and Hammer were yelling at each other before the owner approached the fan. The two then shoved each other, the witness said, before security guards restrained Leonsis.

Hammer, who told the newspaper Leonsis had called to apologize, said he did not intend to press charges.

"I think both he and I are going to drop it and continue on and have it be like that," he said.

Re: Let's get Ted in uniform...
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 11:03:00 am »
Hockey is a pathetic sport littered with goons and thugs. The owners and fans alike.

mankie

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 11:07:00 am »
Originally posted by Mr. Unctuous:
  Hockey is a pathetic sport littered with goons and thugs. The owners and fans alike.
...and NASCAR isn't I suppose?

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 11:10:00 am »
There are a couple of goons in NASCAR, but most behave like gentleman.

Originally posted by mankie:

...and NASCAR isn't I suppose? [/b]

mankie

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2004, 11:42:00 am »
  There are a couple of goons in NASCAR, but most behave like gentleman.

...and NASCAR isn't I suppose? [/b]
[/b]
I think you're confusing the "NASCAR gentlemen" with Formula 1. You know, the race that actually turns right once in a while.

sonickteam2

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2004, 11:53:00 am »
you are a pretentious little might as well be gay little snot.  you know nothing, and continue to only spew out crap, and not only that, you force other to retaliate with crap just because its on your level.

i vote Rhett to leave this board and make this a positive environment once again.  I cant believe anyone on here really likes you.

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2004, 11:56:00 am »
That wasn't very nice of you. I was simply stating my opinion on hockey.

Your comments seem to be a bit over the top, especially since you've never even met me, much less held an actual conversation with me.

Originally posted by sonickteam2:

you are a pretentious little might as well be gay little snot.  you know nothing, and continue to only spew out crap, and not only that, you force other to retaliate with crap just because its on your level.

i vote Rhett to leave this board and make this a positive environment once again.  I cant believe anyone on here really likes you. [/b]

Samantha

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2004, 11:57:00 am »
hey sonick chill...you don't have to read his posts!  if you don't like it, ignore it  ;)

Celeste

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2004, 11:58:00 am »
 I cant believe anyone on here really likes you.
I do

Celeste

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2004, 11:59:00 am »
Oh sonick, you're just sore 'cause you're Canadian and hockey is a big thing to y'all...

mankie

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2004, 12:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by Celeste:

I cant believe anyone on here really likes you.
I do [/b]
OH PULEEEEEZE....you aren't fooling anyone, we know you only married him for his money!  :D

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2004, 12:01:00 pm »
I make my case on the fact that fighting is an accepted part of hockey. Hell, they even have a penalty for it.

In other more civiled sports, if someone gets into a fight, he gets suspended and fined thousands of dollars. In hockey he gets a five minute penalty, and cheers from the meatheads in the crowd.

The fighting makes hockey more like a second cousin to pro wrestling than any other sport.

Celeste

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2004, 12:05:00 pm »
aren't hockey's origins traceable to old scottish or norse tribes who batted around the intestines of the people they conquered, or something?

mankie

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2004, 12:06:00 pm »
  I make my case on the fact that fighting is an accepted part of hockey. Hell, they even have a penalty for it.

In other more civiled sports, if someone gets into a fight, he gets suspended and fined thousands of dollars. In hockey he gets a five minute penalty, and cheers from the meatheads in the crowd.

The fighting makes hockey more like a second cousin to pro wrestling than any other sport.
There's no penalty for fighting in boxing.

Seriously Rhett, you should drop it because you're making yourself look like a complete moron, even by your standards.

mankie

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2004, 12:08:00 pm »

There's no penalty for fighting in boxing. I don't think there's even a penalty when the rednecks in NASCAR jump out of the car and start wailing on each other....at least there's punishment for it in hockey.

Seriously Rhett, you should drop it because you're making yourself look like a complete moron, even by your standards. [/b]