Author Topic: Let's get Ted in uniform...  (Read 8083 times)

Celeste

Re: Let's get Ted in uniform...
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2004, 12:17:00 pm »
who said anything about boxing?

sonickteam2

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2004, 12:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by Mr. Unctuous:
  That wasn't very nice of you. I was simply stating my opinion on hockey.

- your opinions are always negative and i am positive you dont watch enough hockey to have any basis for that statement.

Your comments seem to be a bit over the top, especially since you've never even met me, much less held an actual conversation with me.

- amen to that

mankie

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2004, 12:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by Celeste:
I did.

Celeste

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2004, 12:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:

I did. [/b]
right...why? are you saying boxing is as thuggish as hockey because there are no penalties for fighting...that's just silly...

let's talk about what a wanker Ted is instead!!!

sonickteam2

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2004, 12:29:00 pm »
hockey allows fighting due to a number of things

1. tradition, its been in the sport for over one hundred years.

2. hockey is NOT filled with a bunch of hotheads, who, if they get in a fight once, they are pissed off and act like children the rest of the game (it happens, but very rarely)

3. its hard to actually injure someone due to the fact that you cant get much leverage for a punch on skates. (you'll know if you have ever tried this one)

4. once someone falls down and real danger can present itself, the refs stop the fight.

5. gloves, sticks and the like are not allowed in the fights, and it usually just results in a little ice dance with a few punches thrown to the helmet of the opposing player.

6. the fans love it, and most of them are not "goons" whatever the hell that is supposed to mean.

- clearly if you think hockey fans are goons, than you dont watch football where there are fights in the stands at every game.  Baseball has bench clearing brawls for gods sake, and i wont even touch the guys that play in the NBA!!

also, mr. nascar,

how many hockey players have died playing a hockey game?  i bet none.

ps - at least hockey players can change directions!

ratioci nation

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2004, 12:30:00 pm »
There are NASCAR fans who are excited to see crashes. Also nudging happens all the time in NASCAR and is far more dangerous.

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2004, 12:34:00 pm »
I thought that this would be a thread about Ted Nugent finally joing the marines.  Damn!

mankie

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2004, 12:35:00 pm »

I did. [/b]
right...why? are you saying boxing is as thuggish as hockey because there are no penalties for fighting...that's just silly...

let's talk about what a wanker Ted is instead!!! [/b]
No, Rhett said that hockey is thuggish because of the fighting...they even have a penalty for it. My point was simply that boxing and NASCAR don't even have penalties for fighting so it's obviously much more accepted in those sports, and therefore far more 'thuggish' than hockey.

Ted isn't a wanker he's a good man who lost his cool for a brief moment. He's invested a ton of money and paying alleged superstars millions and millions who are grossly under-performing for him. IN fact he's one of the few owners who's in it for the sport and love of the team, not the ego or money. Even the bloke who was involved has said it's no biggie, drop it.

I personally think athletes should be paid on commission. If they win they make more than if they lose.

sonickteam2

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2004, 12:39:00 pm »

I personally think athletes should be paid on commission. If they win they make more than if they lose.
EXACTLY.  I was just telling this to my girlfriend last night. i say, pay every athlete a certain amount, and then they earn incentives the rest of the way. Win the championship, get $3 million or something.  like golf, thats how they do it. they dont even ahve a base salary do they? (oops, NASCAR might do this as well, hehe).
  Anyway, this would take care of players making $8 million dollars a yaer to finish 25-53.

and Ted L. is a good man, any shithead money hungry owner who saw a fan heckling him would just think "hey, screw him, i am a gazillionaire!"

go Ted. (can he play the point on the PP now that Gonchar is gone?)

mankie

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2004, 12:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by Dupek Chopra:
  I thought that this would be a thread about Ted Nugent finally joing the marines.  Damn!
NOW you're talking redneck. The only uniform he should be in is a prison uniform for his cruelty to animal attrocities.

Celeste

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2004, 12:47:00 pm »
well, I know Rhett would agree with you on that...he says it all the time...

I still think Ted is a wanker...AOL sucks and its his own fault for over-paying superstars...

sonickteam2

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2004, 12:54:00 pm »

I still think Ted is a wanker...AOL sucks and its his own fault for over-paying superstars...
Jagr was one of the best players in hockey til he came here. what can ya do? bad fit, and Ted got rid of him.  i say, good job. Anson Carter is a very good player. and 1/5 of the price

sonickteam2

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2004, 12:55:00 pm »
  well, I know Rhett would agree with you on that...he says it all the time...

are you speaking in Rhetts behalf now, because he cant say anything nice?  ;)

vansmack

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2004, 12:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
  i say, pay every athlete a certain amount, and then they earn incentives the rest of the way. Win the championship, get $3 million or something.  
I'm surprised by this logic.  It's the best way to ruin a team sport.  Every man for himself on the ice to earn his keep - now who's going to pass and make $50 for an assist when they can make $100 for a goal?

The back-up net-minder makes $3m for winning a championship - the same as the starting netminder who posted 3 shutouts?  That's even less fair than the current system.
27>34

mankie

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2004, 12:59:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:

Jagr was one of the best players in hockey til he came here. what can ya do? bad fit, and Ted got rid of him.  i say, good job. Anson Carter is a very good player. and 1/5 of the price [/b]
I was sorry to see Carter leave the last time, he's a great player with great work ethic...not only that he looks 'way cool' with his dreadlocks busting out from under the helmet.

Jagr won't do well at the Rangers.....just too many superstar egos on that team if you ask me.