come on,
 fess up,
 it's ok....   :D

Jaguär

Re: awk
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 01:51:00 am »
NKOTBIE

Or so I would assume.

Me, I'm picking cat hairs off of my clothes.

Guiny

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 08:23:00 am »
Originally posted by Jaguär:
  NKOTBIE

Or so I would assume.

Me, I'm picking cat hairs off of my clothes.
Hey Jaguar, I need an excuse, can I say I'm helping you.....He'll never know.

nkotb

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 08:59:00 am »
I will be there, and will have no shame whatsoever.  I've been drinking power shakes and blaring  I Get Wet all morning to get psyched.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2004, 10:15:00 am »
Originally posted by nkotbie:
  I will be there, and will have no shame whatsoever.  I've been drinking power shakes and blaring  I Get Wet all morning to get psyched.
wish i could join you tonight, but my dad is in town and we're taking him out to dinner in balmer tonight.  

looking forward to ween though.
OU812

Relaxer

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2004, 11:36:00 am »
An AWK show is the only chance I have of getting up on the 9:30 Club stage. Hell, last show I was up there for a good 10 minutes or so. So yeah, I won't miss it.
oword

Bags

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2004, 11:43:00 am »
I'm really interested in catching AWK one of these times...problem for me is finding some like-minded "friends of bags" open enough to the 'just plain fun' aspect of it all.

paige

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2004, 11:44:00 am »
me too. i've been wearing legwarmers and sweatbands getting ready for the big event.   ;)

nkotb

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2004, 11:49:00 am »
Paige, I would be so psyched to see someone wearing leg warms and sweatbands tonight.  That'll get you a beer or two, no doubt.  

Originally posted by i do not heart your balls:

me too. i've been wearing legwarmers and sweatbands getting ready for the big event.    ;)  [/b]

walkman

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2004, 10:51:00 am »
 That'll get you a beer or two, no doubt.  
 [/b]
not if the man has anything to say about it...

Bags

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2004, 04:01:00 pm »
Leave it to Lulu to talk me in to going to see AWK the night before my boss' son's bar mitzvah.  Let's just say that 2.5 hour service was PAINFUL this morning.

But, really fascinating show -- 50 people on stage for at least 2/3s of the show.  Thatguy had some interesting looks as you could see him mentally working out when too much is too much.  The whole thing was pretty amazing, certainly fun though not an album I'd ever buy -- who could enjoy it without the AWK cheeleaders!?!  Seriously, cheerleaders in full regalia -- professional cheerleader outfits with A W K on them...there were guys in animal heads, fellas in their underwear (and that was just Markie and nkotb)   :D   Quite a spectacle...

Originally posted by Bagalicious Tangster:
  I'm really interested in catching AWK one of these times...problem for me is finding some like-minded "friends of bags" open enough to the 'just plain fun' aspect of it all.

nkotb

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2004, 05:12:00 pm »
Sorry, I didn't mean to step on your toes.  I just figured you weren't around yesterday, and I sure do love a girl looking like she was in Flashdance...

Back to AWK, who would've thunk that my Friday night would've been spent dancing on the 9:30 Club stage with members of the Locust?  Awesome.  And it was great seeing Markie, Lulu, Pollard and Bags...quite a surprise, as Mark began attacking me in the crowd.  Did anyone catch the mysterious fifth member of the Locust guesting on one of their songs?

Originally posted by walkie hearts you all:

[/b]
not if the man has anything to say about it... [/b]

walkman

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2004, 06:07:00 pm »
  Sorry, I didn't mean to step on your toes.  I just figured you weren't around yesterday, and I sure do love a girl looking like she was in Flashdance...

Back to AWK, who would've thunk that my Friday night would've been spent dancing on the 9:30 Club stage with members of the Locust?  Awesome.  And it was great seeing Markie, Lulu, Pollard and Bags...quite a surprise, as Mark began attacking me in the crowd.  Did anyone catch the mysterious fifth member of the Locust guesting on one of their songs?

[/b]
[/b]
no no, I meant The Man...or Thatguy, call him what you will

paige

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2004, 07:21:00 pm »

[/b]
[/b]
;)  haha don't worry about it nkotbie... as you can read below.. walks meant "the man" not "the walksters"...

anyway.. awesome awesome show! i really went to see the locust, but awk was definitely a huge plus. i loved when the members of the locust came back on stage during awk's set in tightie whities and short shorts and were shaking their booties in front of everyone. the cheerleaders were hilarious too. "You probably can't even see me right now.. BUT TONIGHT IS GOING TO BE A PARTY!!!" - oh awk, gotta love him.

sadly i didn't end up rocking the legwarmers because i definitely should have. one thing that pissed me off about the crowd though were the people unschooled in going to shows in general.. they were standing right in front during the locust's set, bitching the ENTIRE time about how lame they were, and how their were so weird... i was like "hey guys maybe if you aren't into the band you should get the hell out of the way and let everyone else enjoy their set." i also spotted a few girls in miniskirts and high heeled sandals, clinging to their boyfriends while everyone else spazdanced around them, throwing elbows and fists in every direction.  

all in all, a fucking great show.
 i even bought a Locust apron!

Jaguär

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2004, 08:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by i do not heart your balls:
  i even bought a Locust apron!
Is that for when you are preparing your cicada dishes? Yum!