Author Topic: Warehouse shows  (Read 50472 times)

shoot ur shot

Re: Warehouse shows
« Reply #255 on: January 13, 2005, 07:16:00 pm »
This show will be great. I listen to Envy's "A Dead Sinking Story" cd pretty often. I've only heard/read positive reviews of Malady's shows.. have yet to see anything on Haram though. But, I'm not too worried.. if it's at all in the tradition of pg. 99 or majority rule.. i'll buy whatever they have at the merch table. please buhleeve it

shoot ur shot

« Reply #256 on: January 15, 2005, 04:24:00 am »
Okay did envy just play.. or did they fuckin PLAY??!  Way to make a US debut man.

snailhook

« Reply #257 on: January 17, 2005, 02:41:00 pm »
if you're bored tonight and want to check out something different, tonight would be a good show to do so...

Monday, January 17
 9pm, $5, all ages

Genghis Tron (from Poughkeepsie, NY, on Crucial Blast Rec.)
 Fax Arcana
 Facemat

Genghis Tron

Cloak of Love is the debut EP from Poughkeepsie-based trio Genghis Tron, a virulent pop mutation that seamlessly binds acrobatic shred and machine gun blastbeats to soaring synth-pop and electronic melodies. With surreal lyrical visions that fall somewhere between the abstraction of modern metalcore and the sugary anthems of electropop, and a ridiculous fusion of formerly disparate genre stylings, these five songs are infectious sonic beatings that we've been unable to crowbar out of our collective craniums. Imagine Painkiller hijacking Erasure's dance synth hits...or Brutal Truth and Afrika Bambaata in a vicious nightclub brawl with Depeche Mode. Or something along those lines.

"Now this is some seriously crazed shit.  Imagine Public Image Ltd., early Beastie Boys, Depeche Mode, Funkadelic, and Brutal Truth all battling for supremacy in a studio cluttered with leftover fragments of pop, industrial, dance music, grindcore, and anything else that happens to be lying around...This is the sound of musicians with a severe tendency toward attention deficit disorder, five songs of cut 'n' paste mayhem that is genuinely diabolical in its ability to combine catchy, even (oh, the terror!) danceable beats and swell, swell melodies with the unnerving sound of asylum inmates turning over all the hospital beds and electroencephalograph machines, then setting them on fire and bolting from the building while throwing grenades...Truly one of the strangest releases on America's heaviest label. It should be interesting to see how they pull this off live..." (Dead Angel)

bellenseb

« Reply #258 on: January 17, 2005, 04:47:00 pm »
JENS LEKMAN w/The Impossible Shapes
 02/13 Philadelphia, PA - The Khyber
 02/16 Atlanta, GA - The Earl

Snailhook, any chance of booking these Secretly Canadian guys?

Jaguär

« Reply #259 on: January 18, 2005, 12:43:00 am »
Think....

The High Dials.

(Can't tell you anymore now.)