Author Topic: ITS GETTING CLOSE!!!  (Read 9254 times)

Sir HC

Re: ITS GETTING CLOSE!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2005, 06:28:00 pm »
Did she at least scrap that Annie Lennox look?  Last tour she looked terrible with that bleached short hair.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2005, 06:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by O'Mankie:

Originally posted by FelineQueer:
  4 more foooooking days till the Garbage concert! I think Ive wet myself o.o
Is that like a good 'wet yourself' or a pee?
 [/b]
what are the kids getting up to these days that they have such poor bladder control?
_\|/_

eltee

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2005, 10:20:00 am »
Originally posted by Markie doesn't like me  :( :

4 more foooooking days till the Garbage concert! I think Ive wet myself o.o
Is that like a good 'wet yourself' or a pee?
 [/b]
what are the kids getting up to these days that they have such poor bladder control? [/b]
holding it since age 7

Fiona

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2005, 06:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sir HC:
  Did she at least scrap that Annie Lennox look?  Last tour she looked terrible with that bleached short hair.
Yes, thank God. The pictures I've seen of her promoting the new album show her with the longer red hair we are used to. Change is not always a good thing. The short blonde hair was really awful.

belizee4

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2005, 06:51:00 pm »
What time are you guys getting there? It's sold out so i guess its going to be packed! Will that mean it will be difficult to see the band?

godsshoeshine

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2005, 07:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:

Lol fuck no! Are you kidding me? Ive been waiting to see G for 10 years no... they are better then that BS anyways. Im only 17, so i cant get booze anyways. I cant wait    :D  
you've been waiting to see garbage since you were 7???  what do i know, when i was seven i was debating the merits of debbie gibson over tiffany. [/b]
was firmly in the debbie camp
o/\o

myuman

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2005, 10:03:00 pm »
  When I was seven I was Georgie Best running down the wing and scoring the winning goal at Wembley. Come to think of it, I still am!!!!!
Is he the one selling all his WC stuff at sotheby's because he's broke now?

Sir HC

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2005, 11:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by Fiona:

Originally posted by Sir HC:
Yes, thank God. The pictures I've seen of her promoting the new album show her with the longer red hair we are used to. Change is not always a good thing. The short blonde hair was really awful. [/b]
Great.  She looked bad with that hair, about 10 years older than she is and just "wrong".  With the red hair, she had style.

bearman🐻

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2005, 11:56:00 pm »
So I got a free ticket for tonight's Garbage show and I went to check it out. INCREDIBLE sound, nice lighting, great performance...mind you I don't own any of their stuff but just from what I could tell (I saw them once before) this seemed like a very good evening. But what the hell was up with the way the show finished?? Was that staged? If so, what a lame-ass way to end what was a really enjoyable evening. If it wasn't staged...then what the fuck happened? If someone can enlighten me I would greatly appreciate it. What puzzles me is that you'd think they would have played "Special", and also for how glowing Shirley Manson was, you'd think a "thank you and good night" would have been said, instead of her getting pushed off the stage. Oh well. At least I didn't drop a dime on the show.

Fiona

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2005, 12:11:00 am »
Yes, I agree it was a great show until the ending. I don't know, but I don't think it was staged because my friend saw them in NYC the other night, and she said they did one more song in their encore and the show did not end like that. I don't know what happened because otherwise she seemed to be in a good mood.

bearman🐻

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2005, 12:14:00 am »
Well, there were a few things that lead me to think it wasn't staged...for one thing, the band looked pretty surprised. Second, it didn't quite seem like the last song was entirely over...the words kept flashing on the screens. Everyone just seemed pretty puzzled. But I am never one to assume anything I guess.

rallynut

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2005, 12:18:00 am »
Is there some sort of noise ordinance in DC during the weekday?  My buddy threw it out that maybe this was the case.  I'm pissed!

kreinsch

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2005, 12:21:00 am »
Don't know if it was staged or not. Unfortunately, we couldn't see her when it happened, so I don't know if she actually did anything to provoke being interrupted like that. It looked real to us because when of the guitarists (Duke) tried to intervene the second cop moved to box him out. That, and the way that Butch threw off his headphones and came flying out of his drum kick.
 The audience seemed puzzled and stood around for a good long while after the lights came up.

bearman🐻

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2005, 12:25:00 am »
No, it wasn't that loud and plus I've seen bands play past midnight on a weeknight. Very, very weird.

ehoffland

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2005, 12:27:00 am »
she pretended to flash the audience...the cops came down on her within seconds.  I can't explain how they could have reacted so quickly (I didn't even know they were there!) unless they knew she was going to do something...that leads me to believe it was staged, esp. since she didn't actually show her breasts.  I will be really, really pissed at the band if I find out it was some sort of publicity stunt, but in any event I will be pissed at the DC pigs for reacting without using their brains first...it ruined the night.