Author Topic: ITS GETTING CLOSE!!!  (Read 9250 times)

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
Re: ITS GETTING CLOSE!!!
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2005, 08:53:00 am »
Did Feline Queer wet herself again at the show?
_\|/_

brookey109

« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2005, 09:17:00 am »
If it was staged for the video - why wouldn't they come out at the end to say goodnight or thanks or this was for the video thanks for playing. The abrupt lame ass ending kinda ruined an otherwise spectacular show.

Guiny

« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2005, 09:30:00 am »
Originally posted by brookey109:
  If it was staged for the video - why wouldn't they come out at the end to say goodnight or thanks or this was for the video thanks for playing. The abrupt lame ass ending kinda ruined an otherwise spectacular show.
But no matter what they did or didnt do or say, they will still sell out their next show at the 9:30 Club.

bearman🐻

« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2005, 09:52:00 am »
The sound was unreal...they brought in their own PA. My only question is how much of the show was live and how much was pre-recorded? The cynic in me can't help but feel it was almost too pristine, but hey, I haven't been to a show that sounded like that in a long time.

xcanuck

« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2005, 10:27:00 am »
I can't admit to being a Garbage fan but I was surprised by not only the number of songs I recognized  but also by how much I enjoyed the show.

As people have said, the sound was excellent and Shirley seemed to really get into after about the third or fourth song.

However...I kept thinking that Paul Schaeffer has joined her band. Had me chuckling much of the night.

Guiny

« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2005, 10:33:00 am »
Originally posted by xcanuck:

However...I kept thinking that Paul Schaeffer has joined her band. Had me chuckling much of the night.
That's pretty funny and true.

ggw

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2005, 10:39:00 am »
Any opinions on the Dead 60s?

Rupert Pupkin

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2005, 10:43:00 am »
The Dead 60's sucked. The lead singer was a tool. Also, the second guitar player had a facial expression of a tool as he played.

bearman🐻

« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2005, 11:33:00 am »
Anyone know what the intro song was that was played right before Garbage went on?

andyrichter

« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2005, 11:48:00 am »
That was my 4th time seeing Garbage and it was without a doubt the best show I've ever seen them do and one of the better shows I've seen so far this year.  Yea, I noticed the new speakers too.  Great sound, Shirley was really having a lot of fun tonight, and fantastic song selection.  The only song they didn't play I wanted to hear was Special but an otherwise impressive setlist.  

The Dead 60s were fucking great.  It's officially my new favorite band.  Too bad they didn't have any cds to sell at the merch booth.  This wasn't a Dead 60s type of crowd but I thought they did a pretty good job of winning a lot of people over.  Yea, they wear their Clash influneces liberally on their sleave.  But they were damn good at what they do.  I love that reggae/ska/dub/punk sound.  More cowbells!!!    :D

andyrichter

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2005, 11:50:00 am »
Originally posted by bunnyman:
  Anyone know what the intro song was that was played right before Garbage went on?
Hurt by Johnny Cash

mirrorball

« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2005, 12:11:00 pm »
Originally posted by andyrichter:

Hurt by Johnny Cash [/b]
or, if I can get picky here, Johnny Cash doing Nine Inch Nails' "Hurt." Great rendition.

Guiny

« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2005, 12:13:00 pm »
My girlfriend said it was one of her favorite Nine Inch Nails songs.

mirrorball

« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2005, 12:14:00 pm »
  The sound was unreal...they brought in their own PA. My only question is how much of the show was live and how much was pre-recorded? The cynic in me can't help but feel it was almost too pristine, but hey, I haven't been to a show that sounded like that in a long time.
I didn't notice anything obviously pre-recorded. Most of Butch Vig's drum kit is electronic, so he rarely plays a 100 pct "real" drum sound. And he's probably got a trigger pad or two back there to start any synth type bits that Duke or Steve can't play because they're doing guitar. But I'd say the vast majority of what was played was played live. It can be hard to tell though sometimes since everything is so processed, but in a good way.

Candy Flesh

« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2005, 03:42:00 pm »
Does anyone have any pics of the flashing incident?