Author Topic: ITS GETTING CLOSE!!!  (Read 9251 times)

bearman🐻

Re: ITS GETTING CLOSE!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2005, 12:38:00 am »
What does she think she's Jim Morrison? Weird. Well, whatever it was, I hope that at future shows they don't pull that stuff. I agree, it really ended things on a crappy note.

soulie_tkd

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2005, 12:42:00 am »
I'm having a hard time seeing this as staged.  It's not really the band's MO.  Plus they had only played for about an hour, and still had a solid 20-30 minutes before curfew.  So if it is real, damn.  I hope nobody did anything stupid at the club after the incident.

Excellent show, though.  Always amazed that they can recreate their sound live.

Federati1

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2005, 12:46:00 am »
I'm going to have to agree with the general sentiment of puzzlement.  There was no actual flashing going on.  What was the argument for stopping the show?  Unreal buffoonery.  And the general surprise among everybody involved seems to point to the fact that it wasn't staged.

andyrichter

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2005, 12:51:00 am »
I'm going to say it was staged.  What business do the DC police have in a freaking Garbage show?  None.  It was staged.  Plus, they weren't going to play any more songs.  On this tour, they've been playing 16 songs and the last song, sex is not the enemy, was song #16.

bearman🐻

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2005, 12:54:00 am »
well if that's the case, then it was LAME. At a Morrissey show fans usually rush the stage and he gets dragged off, and I can kind of understand that, but tonight's little bum rush just seemed so ridiculous.

andyrichter

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2005, 01:00:00 am »
Plus, how can you get arrested for flashing.......but you're wearing a bra underneath?

aegeus

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2005, 01:16:00 am »
I think it was staged, because the flesh colored bra-esque thing was put on for the encore, as you could see her full back earlier in the show and she was not wearing it, plus the police came on so quickly after she "flashed" the audience.

However, there were signs up saying that they would be filming for a music video on the premises, so is it possible that this was part of that?

Rupert Pupkin

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2005, 01:20:00 am »
Sorry, but if anyone thought the ending of the Garbage show was real then you are stupid and serve no purpose being alive. Go kill yourself now.

dotdot

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2005, 01:20:00 am »
Garbage are shit.

spartyinmd

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2005, 01:26:00 am »
Considering the last song is going to be their next single...yes it was staged.

bearman🐻

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2005, 01:26:00 am »
For those of us all the way in back, it happened so damn fast and we couldn't really see what the hell was going on. So for those with such infinite wisdom, thanks for enlightening the rest of us peons.

jubmasterflex

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2005, 01:32:00 am »
I can also back-up the filming of a video.  I got there an hour or so before doors opened and they had a professional camera man walking back and forth from van to van.  

Also I did happen to notice her back during the majority of songs until the encore and realized she added something.

STAGED!!!

sinatra

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2005, 01:44:00 am »
yeah, I was right on the front rail & totally noticed the flesh colored bra-esque when she came out for the encore. I was a little puzzled at 1st because I was checking her out all nite (she looked amazing!!!) & she definitely didn't have that on before.

I was extremely pissed at the popo at 1st (it made me kinda nauseous that something like that could actually happen, when nothing did happen & to Shirley no less- I felt horrible for her..) but then thought about it & assumed it was staged because they were filming video footage throughout, she did have on the flesh bra just for the encore & I guess they wanted to get 'real' reactions from the audience.

It was frustrating at 1st but then again 'sex is not the enemy' was THE last song on the setlist (16 total), 'enemy' is going to be the next single so I assume that is what they wanted to create- a 'real-life' situation- so it definitely worked because everyone 'was' pissed & frustrated.

I would say don't hate'm for doing that or for not gettin' a 'Thank you, Good Nite' from Shirley- it WAS the last song- there was no more show & obviously it's going to be a part of some future video (who knows, you may end up on it looking perplexed)- afterall, Shirley rocked the house!!! I'm very glad their back..

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2005, 04:13:00 am »
this was a staged event.  the "police" were actors and a member of garbage's crew.  it was filmed for use in a video.

Guiny

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2005, 08:42:00 am »
I must say that was the best "sound quality" concert I've been to at the club. I noticed the different speakers, wonder if those are 9:30's or Garbage's. Anyways, they sounded excellant and the quality was just amazing. I was waaaaaaaaaaaaay in the back, way too crowded to even attempt to get close. But still, an excellant show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!