Author Topic: Beastie boys at 9:30  (Read 36598 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Beastie boys at 9:30
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2004, 10:22:00 pm »
i wonder if my paris hilton "research" will apply towards this show   :)
T.Rex

freddyadu

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2004, 10:30:00 pm »
so what are you guys gonna do?

actually listen to that station and try to call in?
 ebay it?
 curse the corporate rock gods?

eltee

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2004, 11:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by Fooer:
  No concert is impossible to get into.  For the Blink 182 $1 show only 122 were available to ticket buyers back in October.  Why can't they do the same thing like Blink did.  People should earn tickets, not phone lottery luck bullshit.
So, people won tickets and the remaining 122 tickets were sold? And was the requirement to purchase to be made in person? (Sorry, I don't remember the details.) How about just plain ol' sell/buy method? Online at that.
 What is more frustrating is, this isn't a band that comes around often or has been actively touring.
 Eh, I think I'm complaining for nothing, 9:30 could possibly open up ticketing.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2004, 12:07:00 am »
Well as if it isn't obvious, if anyone gets a pair of tickets and wants to get rid of them I'll take em!   :)
FUKIT

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2004, 08:20:00 am »
  No concert is impossible to get into.  For the Blink 182 $1 show only 122 were available to ticket buyers back in October.  Why can't they do the same thing like Blink did.  People should earn tickets, not phone lottery luck bullshit.
I earned a pair of tickets to the HFSTival back in 97 I think it was. Didn't have to call to get them. Just had to get buck naked on Rockville Pike at 7am and squeege car windows  ;)

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

eltee

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2004, 08:31:00 am »
Hey! I remember that! Well, not you per se, but the challenge. Ah, the old days of getting tickets...
Originally posted by MindCage:

I earned a pair of tickets to the HFSTival back in 97 I think it was. Didn't have to call to get them. Just had to get buck naked on Rockville Pike at 7am and squeege car windows   ;)  

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions [/b]

loopzlp

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2004, 09:29:00 am »
Uggh...trying desperately to win tickets -- even listened to the sports junkies this morning on way to work...this really, really sucks...

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2004, 09:32:00 am »
http://www.ryano.net/iraq/?178817

...just randomizing

sonickteam2

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2004, 12:32:00 pm »
i heard most of the tickets are HFS winners only, but a small amount are available as part of your "Beastie Boys Medicare" package

jackblack

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2004, 01:37:00 pm »
The DC and Rockville Tower Records are both selling the new album @ 12AM Monday. Maybe they will give tix to a certain number of buyers...

PigIron

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2004, 05:32:00 pm »
Its tough sitting through that station waiting to be the winning caller.  I'd love to go, so maybe I'll be checking out Ebay.  That might be the best option for desperate fans.  I did hear on the station however, between a fantastic Hoobastank song and a rockin Nickelback power grunge ballad, that registering at their website could get you a chance at a ticket.  So, if you are shameless enough to sign up as an "HFS.comrade", thats an option.  Excuse me while I go vomit.

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2004, 05:45:00 pm »
Doesn't it make you lose all respect for the band that they would agree to a show like this?

Originally posted by PigIron:
  Its tough sitting through that station waiting to be the winning caller.  I'd love to go, so maybe I'll be checking out Ebay.  That might be the best option for desperate fans.  I did hear on the station however, between a fantastic Hoobastank song and a rockin Nickelback power grunge ballad, that registering at their website could get you a chance at a ticket.  So, if you are shameless enough to sign up as an "HFS.comrade", thats an option.  Excuse me while I go vomit.

eltee

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2004, 05:50:00 pm »
Yeah, it is frustrating.
 Last year, hfs had a show that only had tickets available by winning them. Then, earlier this year the same band had a show with general admission, tickets for purchase. Since the Beastie Boys have a new album out, you'd think they would want to have a tour open to all. Looking at the lightly scheduled tour dates for them, it's possible they'd come around again.

Shadrach

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2004, 05:51:00 pm »
Given the fact that WHFS is the one giving away all the tix, it would make sense that they are also the ones paying the band. So why would I lose respect for a band doing a paying gig? If you were willing to pay enough money you could probably get them to play in your back yard and invite or keep out whomever you please.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2004, 05:51:00 pm »
Hell at least the DC locals have a shot at tickets!  Sucks they dont webcast...   :mad:
FUKIT