Author Topic: Beastie boys at 9:30  (Read 36567 times)

obildy

Re: Beastie boys at 9:30
« Reply #180 on: June 15, 2004, 05:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by pond:
  i don't get the furor.  its a tiny venue and there is a huge demand. there is no practical way to deal with the disparity between the supply and the demand.  someone will always feel left out.  the tickets.com works fine 99.5% of the time.  its always going to crash for someone at sometime, though.  bitch if you must, but it all seemed fair-enough to me.

of course...i was a caller 9, so .... i am above all of this.
I suppose you wouldn't get the furor- lucky you.  But tickets.com works 99.5% of the time when you don't need it to- to order tickets for a low demand show.  In my experience its works 0.0% of the time when I need it to.  Again- this is their business... does customer satisfaction not matter to them?  Can this problem not be fixed?  And WTF is up with the Red Sox?  Very professional.

scumpond

« Reply #181 on: June 15, 2004, 05:53:00 pm »
of course...i was a caller 9, so .... i am above all of this. [/qb][/QUOTE]  And WTF is up with the Red Sox?  Very professional. [/QB][/QUOTE]

The Red Sox are perennial losers, ask Bill Buckner...

m1

« Reply #182 on: June 15, 2004, 05:53:00 pm »
  yeah.  i know i'd be pissed if i didn't get tickets.  but not at tix.com or the venue...i don't think.  again, meeting the wants/needs of 5000-10000 fans in a 1000 person venue = impossible.  so even if tickets.com had worked flawlessly, many of you/us would still have not been able to purchase tickets.  perhaps the beasties will be fitting in a merriweather post or other stop later in the year to support the new cd.  that show will be just as good as the one on thursday i am sure....
i sense you are trying to console and we appreciate it but I'm sorry ... a show at the small and intimate 9:30 or similar kills any show held at an outside huge ampitheatre - but thanks for the solace  :roll:

m1

« Reply #183 on: June 15, 2004, 05:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by obidly:

i don't get the furor.  its a tiny venue and there is a huge demand. there is no practical way to deal with the disparity between the supply and the demand.  someone will always feel left out.  the tickets.com works fine 99.5% of the time.  its always going to crash for someone at sometime, though.  bitch if you must, but it all seemed fair-enough to me.

of course...i was a caller 9, so .... i am above all of this.
I suppose you wouldn't get the furor- lucky you.  But tickets.com works 99.5% of the time when you don't need it to- to order tickets for a low demand show.  In my experience its works 0.0% of the time when I need it to.  Again- this is their business... does customer satisfaction not matter to them?  Can this problem not be fixed?  And WTF is up with the Red Sox?  Very professional. [/b]
i hear ya obidly - read my posts

scumpond

« Reply #184 on: June 15, 2004, 05:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by m1:

thanks for the solace   :roll:  [/b]
not solace, sarcasm....sorry (that was actual sincere solace)

vansmack

« Reply #185 on: June 15, 2004, 06:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by m1:
  There is someone selling 2 BB tixs on Ebay right now Item number: 2251199254 and it hasn't even been on for an hour and it already is at $300 - it will be interesting to see how high it will go with still a whole day ahead for bidding - ch - check it out !
You might want to read this post at the top of the 9:30 Board:

The tickets for this event are non-transferable. Anyone claiming they will sell you their tickets does not understand how ticketing for this event will work. Do not attempt to purchase tickets through a third party.
27>34

hanyan

« Reply #186 on: June 15, 2004, 06:02:00 pm »
2 browsers still open, dinner meeting in 30 minutes.
 Hmm....

The pages have been reloading for 2 hours now, if I just keep them on forever, I can start selling my red sox virtual waiting room spots on ebay, again, and again, and again. I will even get bids from Red Sox fans.

Ha. Now that's an idea.
 Thanks to tickets.com

eddie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #187 on: June 15, 2004, 06:05:00 pm »
So,  we got a non technical explanation of exactly what transpired today:
 The Beastie Boys 9:30 and HFS links sold out in about 15 seconds, the Beastie Boys link sold out in about 35 seconds. The reason for the "Red Sox Waiting room" was because of the extremely high demand. It had no interference with the sales, but was used merely as a holding area for the thousands of people that were clicking on refresh after the event had already sold out. Basically, we have several boxes/servers that are used to service traffic on Tickets.com. Because the demand was so much greater than normal our 930 box sold the 600 tickets to those lucky persons and then got filled up with traffic from everyone else still attempting to get tickets. Then once our 930 box filled up, we had a predesignated back up box, a "Generic virtual waiting room" box that took over and handled the excess load.  The traffic on Tickets.com was so great that this box filled to capacity as well. Once this happened the back up to the Generic VWR box is the "Red Socks Virtual waiting room" box. Although the "Red Sox Virtual waiting room" was confusing, it was a necessary back up to the back up that prevented the Tickets.com system from crashing.  This all occurred in a period of 35 seconds, so although patrons believe that they were unable to get tickets due to technical reasons, the truth is that
 the performance had already sold out at that point when the virtual waiting rooms went into affect.

m1

« Reply #188 on: June 15, 2004, 06:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Originally posted by m1:
  There is someone selling 2 BB tixs on Ebay right now Item number: 2251199254 and it hasn't even been on for an hour and it already is at $300 - it will be interesting to see how high it will go with still a whole day ahead for bidding - ch - check it out !
You might want to read this post at the top of the 9:30 Board:

The tickets for this event are non-transferable. Anyone claiming they will sell you their tickets does not understand how ticketing for this event will work. Do not attempt to purchase tickets through a third party. [/b]
yeah, i don't know how they are gonna work that out ...  :eek:

Got Haggis?

« Reply #189 on: June 15, 2004, 06:07:00 pm »
i managed to snag 2 tickets at 4pm....yay for me.

juliapenwell

« Reply #190 on: June 15, 2004, 06:08:00 pm »
Did they explain why they didn't open the page until 4:02? Or why I got to the billing page and typed everything in to get a DNS server error webpage and lost the tickets that I had?

Lamb007

« Reply #191 on: June 15, 2004, 06:08:00 pm »
Love the Beasties but being crammed into the 9:30 Club with HFS listeners (90% of whom would be just as thrilled to attend a Creed farewell show), while Beasties spend most of the night hyping their mediocre new album does not sound like fun.  Oh wait...let me guess.   The mega talented Sports Junkies will be on hand to introduce them and to tell us all to make some noise.  Yippee.

Take comfort.  When they play a real show here (Merriweather I'm guessing), it will be less of a clusterf**k to get tix, the set list will be more diverse, the show will likely be longer, and you can twirl and sweat with all your comrades who have spent the afternoon whining today.  A small venue does not equal a great show.

m1

« Reply #192 on: June 15, 2004, 06:08:00 pm »
Originally posted by hy:
  2 browsers still open, dinner meeting in 30 minutes.
 Hmm....

The pages have been reloading for 2 hours now, if I just keep them on forever, I can start selling my red sox virtual waiting room spots on ebay, again, and again, and again. I will even get bids from Red Sox fans.

Ha. Now that's an idea.
 Thanks to tickets.com
funny ... don't miss the meeting  ;)

scumpond

« Reply #193 on: June 15, 2004, 06:09:00 pm »
Eddie - any word on selling Parking online for this event?

bikerchickdc

« Reply #194 on: June 15, 2004, 06:09:00 pm »
Am I the only one that sang a chorus of Virtual Fugazi (very loudly, too) every time the screen refreshed and I got welcomed back to the Virtual Waiting Room?  At least my co-workers are amused now!

(I am a patient boy (girl), I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait...)

(got no tickets, neither, bummer)