Author Topic: Wilco  (Read 19418 times)

root

Re: Wilco
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2006, 11:00:00 am »
"It was easier to get Pogues tickets, and Wilco, while good, is hardly as legendary or in demand."

Well they did sell out in minuetes   :roll:

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2006, 11:01:00 am »
Originally posted by BoomBoom:
  I am on the mailing list. I don't recall seeing any mention of Wilco in any recent club mailings. I admit I may have missed it. That's all I'm asking.
Wasn't it in last night's email?  I could be wrong about that.  I just scanned through it and already deleted it.

BoomBoom

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2006, 11:03:00 am »
Thank you, oh erudite music fan. But there was nothing on the 9:30 Club Web site about the Wilco show until the tickets went on sale. It's a poor way to treat customers in any case. In the good ol' days you didn't have to worry about surprise shows or wait for club owners to pet you on the head like a good doggie for reading their ads. I can't believe how masochistic some  self-described music fans are. It's like you love to be kicked.

ggw

« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2006, 11:05:00 am »
Information about the Wilco show was in e-mails and snail mails from the 9:30 club.  It was on Wilco's site.  It was on the Tickets.com site also.  There were two pre-sales before the general sale.  Some people need personal invitations with detailed instructions I guess.

And for all the bitching about tickets.com (some of it justified), they do get bonus points for  refunding the both the ticket price and the service charge on the cancelled/postponed Sleater-Kinney gig.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2006, 11:06:00 am »
From last nights email...  

Just Announced shows at the 9:30 Club

Th 10/19 Wilco 4 Ticket Limit
T.Rex

nkotb

« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2006, 11:07:00 am »
You're complaining because people who 1) pay attention to the club's ads, 2) do their homework online regarding when a band is coming around and when ticket go on sale, and 3) are regular posters on a message board where presales, ticket sale dates and tour dates are regularly discussed got tickets?  

Don't be a sourpuss that people that put time into finding this out were able to get tickets.  They put time into finding the details, they should be rewarded.  

Thank you, oh erudite music fan. But there was nothing on the 9:30 Club Web site about the Wilco show until the tickets went on sale. It's a poor way to treat customers in any case. In the good ol' days you didn't have to worry about surprise shows or wait for club owners to pet you on the head like a good doggie for reading their ads. I can't believe how masochistic some  self-described music fans are. It's like you love to be kicked.

BoomBoom

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2006, 11:08:00 am »
The Wilco show was absolutely not advertised on the tickets.com site. Bottom line: pre-sales suck. Just sell the damn tickets all at once so people with real lives -- i.e., not checking the 9:30 Club or Wilco Web site obsessively -- can get tickets.

Bye-bye from BoomBoom.

floyd1975

« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2006, 11:10:00 am »
Originally posted by Weird Little Self Loathing Man:
  That's how ticket.com can stick you twice instead of once on the extra charges, right?

Originally posted by floyd:
  The site kept saying that it couldn't sell me two.  So I put in 1 twice and it allowed that.
[/b]
Probably.  They got an extra $4 out of me.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2006, 11:13:00 am »
Seriously the club has been running soft sales for months now, if your not paying attention to the weekly email thats your lost.  Shows are always posted on the website when they go on sale, unless its being done via soft sale.  On rare occasions there are shows announced before they go on sale in Volume, but the club rarely says weeks in advane such on such goes on sale today.  Obviously soft sales are a different story but they are practice which have only been going on for about a year now....
T.Rex

BoomBoom

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2006, 11:21:00 am »
Back on...can't let go. Emails, soft sales, pre-sales, passwords. What a hassle. What's the point? Is going to a show supposed to be like a getting a cheap airline ticket? You have to be frequent flyer or something? That's lame.

JohnnyBaconbitz

« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2006, 11:23:00 am »
Soft sales are a good thing...it rewards us for being pathetic nerds that hang out on a venue's message board every day.

Serioulsy, keep them coming and keep rewarding the really devoted fans.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2006, 11:25:00 am »
In the old days people had to rely on reading about a show when it was advertised in a print ad, flyer or mentioned on the radio, it's not like the club or bands were making personally phone calls to every fan that might be interested in seeing the show.

Prior to introduction of soft sales, all new 9:30 shows were annouced on the website to the general public the day tickets went on sale.  Which by the way occurs 9 times out of 10 on a Thrusday. A weekly email is now sent out Weds annoucing any new shows.  Bands provide tour dates to fans via web, email, etc.  Pollstar and other websites have concert information available.
T.Rex

BoomBoom

« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2006, 11:25:00 am »
Devoted fan or slavish sycophant?

« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2006, 11:26:00 am »
Plenty of other venues with good shows that don't do it. Give your business to them.

Back on...can't let go. Emails, soft sales, pre-sales, passwords. What a hassle. What's the point? Is going to a show supposed to be like a getting a cheap airline ticket? You have to be frequent flyer or something? That's lame.

nkotb

« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2006, 11:26:00 am »
What would've been your excuse if you had slept outside of a Ticketmaster outlet and still got shut out?  What about trying on the phone lines?  Just curious...