« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2006, 04:34:00 pm »
Chokeychicken - You complete me.

amnesiac

Re: Wilco
« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2006, 05:35:00 pm »

Relaxer

« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2006, 05:48:00 pm »
Hey, look on the bright side, Wilco plays one or two shows in DC pretty much every year. So it's not like the Pogues or Guns'n'Roses or anything.
oword

eltee

« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2006, 12:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by chokeychicken:
 about "pre-sales suck", "tickets.com blows," "i hate brokers," but really, the only person you have to blame is yourself.  this argument comes up every SINGLE time a big name comes through, and the people who don't get tickets always find somebody else to blame.

stop blaming everybody else.  we're sick of hearing about it.

i'd say 75% of this message board successfully got tickets.  this is because they knew when (BOTH!!) pre-sales occured, and they knew that if you get on tickets.com at 10:04 and expect to get tickets, well, you're probably riding the shorter bus home from work today.  

my best advice, if you keep up with sales and when things are happening, and still didn't get tickets, is become more familiar with tickets.com.  there are a lot of tips, tricks, and other things that help you gain even a second's advantage over somebody else, which could be the difference between buying tickets on eay or buying them for face value.  learn the ins and outs of tickets.com.

I think I do a fair job of keeping up with the schedules, pre-sales, news, etc. And many thanks to this forum for head's ups as well.
 However, I've tried many pre-sales and this is the one big show that I got tickets.
 This particular show, honestly, it was luck. There was not a ton of discussion or promotion about the pre-sales. It went very quietly until everyone woke up.
 The major complaining does become droll, but seriously, blame myself? Sorry chokey, I've been locked out of one too many other pre-sales. You've been lucky I gather, so good for you. The preachy counterattack just rubs me the wrong way. (4 minutes and a pre-sale is sold out? And I'm on the short bus?    :roll:    It's not outlandish to want to complain a little bit.)
 I've tried the methods you suggest and I don't always get through successfully.

« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2022, 04:31:16 pm »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #110 on: June 06, 2022, 07:05:20 pm »
Grateful Dead/Wilco supergroup PHILCO making debut at Sacred Rose Festival

can anyone imagine a pairing that would yield a more annoying fanbase?
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2022, 07:55:13 pm »
Wut?!?