Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 30346 times)

edbert

Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2006, 04:45:00 pm »
when you go up to a double door and open the right-side door to go through, and then people coming in from the other direction walk right through, making you wait, instead of opening the other door

Bags

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2006, 04:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by bearman:
  People who insist on sitting right next to you in an airport, even though there are rows of empty chairs where they could stretch out if they wanted to. Or when there are tons of treadmills free at the gym (and there are at mine) and someone comes along and uses the one RIGHT next to you, even though they could have used one 3 or 4 treadmills away.
The curse of being hot!

Another one for me -- "between you and I" -- by far my biggest pet peeve, and I better get over it because it's becoming accepted.

Sir HC

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2006, 04:49:00 pm »
Reissues that change the music or the order.  Worst offenders are Beck where he censors his curse words on Mellow Gold and Ozzy where he excised the original bass and drum parts on his early solo albums.

« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2006, 04:52:00 pm »
And they're inevitably always FAT people from South Carolina, who could benefit from taking the stairs anyway.

Personally, I think METRO should do away with the escalators and make everyone get some exercise. Just keep them turned off, it would save on electricity and repair costs. They don't have them in Chicago on the El.

Originally posted by Bags:

Originally posted by Weird Little Self Loathing Man:
  Lazy people who stand on the left side of Metro escalators, thereby blocking the way for those people who wish to walk.
Residents who get all huffy, roll their eyes, and push briefcases into tourists who stand on the left side of that tiny escalator that goes to the platform from the entry gates.  You know, the escalator that's about 9 steps total, 11 seconds long (7 seconds if you walk rather than stand).  The train's not coming, they're from South Carolina, chill the fuck out. [/b]

poorlulu

« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2006, 05:04:00 pm »
yeah that's like when people say FYI before telling you something...........FYI..... I think you're a knobhead

or at the end of the day......as in "at the end of the day everything was fine"  gaaaaaaaaaaah

maybe I just hate when people say shitty phrases thinking they are cool.

amnesiac

« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2006, 05:08:00 pm »
  Lazy people who stand on the left side of Metro escalators, thereby blocking the way for those people who wish to walk.

Particularly those who stand on a down escalator. How fucking lazy is that?
Didn't Metro make up a word for these people? They tried some ad campaign that never really took off.

Bags

« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2006, 05:08:00 pm »
Though I'm sure I do it, starting out with "To tell the truth" or "Honestly" -- doesn't this imply they've been lying to you up to that point?

Lulu -- how are YOU!!!!!!!!!  Honestly??!!

bearman🐻

« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2006, 05:12:00 pm »
Oh yeah, and people who spell definitely "definately". ARGH!!

BookerT

« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2006, 05:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by bearman:
  Oh yeah, and people who spell definitely "definately". ARGH!!
ooh, good fucking call. drives me crazy, and i usually don't let spelling mistakes get to me. i mean, you know how to spell "definite," right? right??

poorlulu

« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2006, 05:18:00 pm »
truth be told I can honestly say FYI.......I'm awesome..........

« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2006, 05:24:00 pm »
I can't recall what the word was. They call the people that crowd around the doors "doorkers".

Originally posted by amnesiac:

Particularly those who stand on a down escalator. How fucking lazy is that?
Didn't Metro make up a word for these people? They tried some ad campaign that never really took off. [/b]

ggw

« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2006, 05:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by poorlulu:
  truth be told I can honestly say FYI.......I'm awesome..........
definately.

« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2006, 05:28:00 pm »
Ok, here's one...

idiots on the Metro who turn their ipods up so loud that everyone than hear them. Inevitably, it's always hiphop or techno that they are listening to.

also, idiots who talk loudly on their cell phones on Metro. Do they not realize that half the people on the train can hear what they are saying?

I'd like to hand these out to people on the Metro, as necessary.

http://community.livejournal.com/chicago_el/85269.html

vansmack

« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2006, 05:40:00 pm »

also, idiots who talk loudly on their cell phones on Metro. Do they not realize that half the people on the train can hear what they are saying?
The girl on the bus yesterday:  "I have a doctors appointment."

The other end replies.

"No, the other doctor."

The other end replies.

"No," as she gets louder, "the very very personal doctor that I see once a week.  She moved me to the afternoon on Tuesdays."

The other end replies.

"No!" she screams as the perfect stranger next to her leans into the phone "She's seeing her fucking shrink already!"

Pause.  Silence on the bus.

"I gotta go." and hangs up.

Just about everybody starts laughing.  She gets off the bus at the next stop.

I love public transportation.
27>34

andyrichter

« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2006, 05:45:00 pm »
people who go to shows and spend 90% of it with their arms raised high snapping up hundreds of photos of the band with their cell phones/cameras so they can go home after the show and tell all their myspace buddies how amazing a time they had at the show.  some of what should have been better shows for me have been ruined because i'm playing a game of dodge the cell phone carrying douchebag.