Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 30349 times)

Guiny

Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2006, 05:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by amnesiac:
 Didn't Metro make up a word for these people? They tried some ad campaign that never really took off. [/QB]
Esca-lump?

« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2006, 05:53:00 pm »
ding ding ding

Originally posted by Buck Satan:

Didn't Metro make up a word for these people? They tried some ad campaign that never really took off. [/b]
Esca-lump? [/QB]

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2006, 07:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by Buck Satan:

Didn't Metro make up a word for these people? They tried some ad campaign that never really took off. [/b]
Esca-lump? [/QB]
Wow, no wonder it never took off.

I also hate people who take up two seats on the metro when it's full.  It's bad on a bus, it's bad on a bench, but if you're like me and get really dizzy when sitting backwards/standing on the metro, this is the worst.

beetsnotbeats

« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2006, 08:11:00 pm »
Originally posted by BookerT:

Originally posted by bearman:
  Oh yeah, and people who spell definitely "definately". ARGH!!
ooh, good fucking call. drives me crazy, and i usually don't let spelling mistakes get to me. i mean, you know how to spell "definite," right? right?? [/b]
And no one should forget that scourge of the internet, "noone".

thirsty moore

« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2006, 08:16:00 pm »
When people in casual conversation use the word "said" referentially.  An example is... said friend then went to the store.

walkonby

« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2006, 12:45:00 pm »
people who ride the metro . . . and NOT pollute the world with their car's exhaust.

« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2006, 02:51:00 pm »
When rockers stick a lit cigarette offa the end of their guitar for cred.  I don't know who the worse offender is, but Bob Dylan is the only one who should be allowed to do it.  Or Hendrix.  No one else.  If I had a band with lotsa guitar I'd stick four lit cigs offa every ax, just to be annoying.  The name of my band would be THE PASSIVE SMOKERS WITH MUCHO CRED.

twangirl

« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2006, 03:33:00 pm »
Pedestrians who stroll into traffic without looking first because they're too busy yapping on their cellphones.

vansmack

« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2006, 03:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by Surly Bonds:
  Bob Dylan is the only one who should be allowed to do it.  Or Hendrix.  No one else.
I'm seeking an amendment for Eddie Van Halen.  The dude did give himself throat cancer for the trick.  That's got to be worth something.
27>34

« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2006, 04:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Bob Dylan is the only one who should be allowed to do it.  Or Hendrix.  No one else.
I'm seeking an amendment for Eddie Van Halen.  The dude did give himself throat cancer for the trick.  That's got to be worth something. [/b]
"This rule does not apply to senior citizens."

How's that?

ratioci nation

« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2006, 04:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by andyrichter:
  people who go to shows and spend 90% of it with their arms raised high snapping up hundreds of photos of the band with their cell phones/cameras so they can go home after the show and tell all their myspace buddies how amazing a time they had at the show.  some of what should have been better shows for me have been ruined because i'm playing a game of dodge the cell phone carrying douchebag.
http://www.idolator.com/tunes/hey-asshole%21/hey-asshole-call-for-entries-194290.php

lily1

« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2006, 06:54:00 pm »
those free daily papers that people take into the station and then just leave them on the train. you point out that they left their paper and they just give you a dirty look and walk off the train. what, you're too f'n good for the world to take your paper and drop it in the recycling box when you exit the station? wankers.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2006, 07:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by lily1:
  those free daily papers that people take into the station and then just leave them on the train. you point out that they left their paper and they just give you a dirty look and walk off the train. what, you're too f'n good for the world to take your paper and drop it in the recycling box when you exit the station? wankers.
i'm of the opinion that i'm leaving the paper for the next person who may not have read it.
OU812

lily1

« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2006, 07:34:00 pm »
you and thousands of other riders every day!

Originally posted by Venerable Bede:

i'm of the opinion that i'm leaving the paper for the next person who may not have read it. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Sir HC

« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2006, 09:27:00 pm »
  When rockers stick a lit cigarette offa the end of their guitar for cred.  I don't know who the worse offender is, but Bob Dylan is the only one who should be allowed to do it.  Or Hendrix.  No one else.  If I had a band with lotsa guitar I'd stick four lit cigs offa every ax, just to be annoying.  The name of my band would be THE PASSIVE SMOKERS WITH MUCHO CRED.
Keith Richards is the master of this and predates Hendrix and Dylan doing this.  He has to be let in, look at how many headstocks he has ruined over the years doing this.  There is actually in a guitar magazine bitching about people who do this and they comment about Keith lighting one up with one on his headstock and one resting on his amp.

A personal one that probably no one else agrees with:

Rockers who put their feet on the monitors.  Not their monitors but the club's monitors.  Some can not handle this and get f'ed up.