Author Topic: Pixies fans  (Read 102425 times)

ggw

Re: Pixies fans
« Reply #600 on: October 01, 2004, 10:37:00 am »
Originally posted by brusie:
  Has anyone gotten their tickets for the 8th yet?  I got the tickets for the 7th, but not the 8th
Ditto.  I've received the tickets for the 7th, but not the 8th.

grotty

« Reply #601 on: October 01, 2004, 10:39:00 am »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
    but to infiltrate a special presale or fanclub is just weak. hopefully this doesnt start a trend that stands to eliminate these presales.
The trend already exists. Pro scalpers do just that - join fanclubs, access presales, buy season ticket subscriptions, etc.

That's why they've usually got the best tix.

sonickteam2

« Reply #602 on: October 01, 2004, 10:40:00 am »
Originally posted by grotty:
  The trend already exists. Pro scalpers do just that - join fanclubs, access presales, buy season ticket subscriptions, etc.

That's why they've usually got the best tix.
i know, i know, but hopefully it wont grow so that they stop.

Bags

« Reply #603 on: October 01, 2004, 11:56:00 am »
  ok, so i agree with you guys...to infiltrate a special presale or fanclub is just weak. hopefully this doesnt start a trend that stands to eliminate these presales.
Okay, wait, wait.  No one answered my intitial question, and it gets to this point.

A number of forum members had wanted to go the Dec 8th show rather than the 7th because the opener is better.  However, it was unclear when those tickets would ever go on sale.  So we jumped, happily and gratefully, on the forum presale and all have tickets near each other (though again, inexplicably, I'm a few rows back...).  

But then, in the general sale, tickets for the 8th went on sale and I think just about every forum person who wanted them got good seats to that show.  I have 8 for the second show, 16 if you count what my friend got.

So are all of you *still* going to the show on the 7th, so we can all be at a show together?

Granted, I would *never* have put tickets on E-bay or Craigslist.  I'd offer them here -- in fact, I'd probably PM those folks who stated in this thread they couldn't get tickets.  If no one needs them that way, I'd post in the Exchange, and sell them for face.

So....will any other Section Ds be made available at some juncture??

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #604 on: October 02, 2004, 08:08:00 am »
  so i am clear...are we chastizing someone because they are scalping tickets? or because they used the 930 Club presale to purchase, then scalp them?

just wondering why we're angry with him.
well, I'm just annoyed that I tried to do something nice for the Forum Regulars (an oxymoron, I know), and it resulted in tickets being scalped

so I'm going to have to think about this before I do it again

although I suppose enabling someone to exploit this for personal monetary gain could be be construed as doing something nice

imagine, someone trying to make money by selling tickets to concerts

maybe I'm just jealous

ChampionshipVinyl

« Reply #605 on: October 02, 2004, 10:08:00 am »
I too have only received my tickets for the 7th and not the 8th at this point.

bearman🐻

« Reply #606 on: October 02, 2004, 11:25:00 am »
I got my ticket for the 8th yesterday from Ticketbastard.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #607 on: October 02, 2004, 11:31:00 am »
maybe the seller should buy the other regulars a round of drinks with their profits...
T.Rex

lily1

« Reply #608 on: October 02, 2004, 02:08:00 pm »
as did i.

lily1

« Reply #609 on: October 02, 2004, 02:13:00 pm »
great, so this wanker, or wankette, whomever he/she/it is, has probably ruined future forum presales for us.

thanks wanker, wankette, or wank-it.

and those shoes are a size 8 mens. so either that man has a really tiny wee wee or is a girl with clodhopper feet.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #610 on: October 02, 2004, 09:30:00 pm »
so what charity should the ticket seller give his $24 gain to?
T.Rex

Cernunnos

« Reply #611 on: October 03, 2004, 11:23:00 am »
Got my nosebleed seats for the 8th a few days ago.  Actually the quickest I've ever gotten tickets from Ticketbastard...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #612 on: October 03, 2004, 10:46:00 pm »
while the person selling tickets gained through the forum presale did nothing wrong, its still a slap in the face of those people who worked hard to pull the presale together.  i personally spent a couple hours gathering emails so that forum members could be notified of the presale.  i certainly hope that what little money was gained by the sale was worth it to the seller.  lets just hope the action of one dosen't ruin it for the rest of people that visit the forum...
T.Rex

brennser

« Reply #613 on: October 03, 2004, 11:13:00 pm »
apparently 50 Foot Wave will be supporting the Pixies on one of their NYC dates

also there are some rumors of a New Years Eve Boston date w/ Throwing Muses and The Lemonheads as opening acts

as for the person scalping Forum pre-sale tickets - shame, shame - I still intend to be there on the 7th AND the 8th

suckapunch

« Reply #614 on: October 04, 2004, 03:36:00 pm »
Ticketmaster keeps releasing more tickets.  I just bought front row center box seats for the 7th.