Author Topic: Pixies fans  (Read 102419 times)

Barcelona

Re: Pixies fans
« Reply #645 on: November 16, 2004, 04:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:

Originally posted by Barcelona:
  Actually, I was able to get a very good deal to fly to DC for both shows. Should be there. It's the tour of the decade.
Excellent...do you have tickets for both shows? [/b]
Only for the 8th, but I hope to find one for the 7th as well.

Bags

« Reply #646 on: November 16, 2004, 04:22:00 pm »
 Only for the 7th, but I hope to find one for the 8th as well.
We'll make sure you're taken care of...    ;)

Barcelona

« Reply #647 on: November 16, 2004, 04:25:00 pm »

Only for the 7th, but I hope to find one for the 8th as well.
We'll make sure you're taken care of...     ;)  [/b]
Thanks, actually, you will see that I corrected my original post. I bought a ticket through ticketmaster for the 8th from Spain, but at the same time a friend of mine was buying me another ticket for the 8th as well. I have two tickets for the 8th, I am going to try to trade the extra one for the 8th for a ticket for Dec. 7.

redsock

« Reply #648 on: November 22, 2004, 12:11:00 pm »
It seems that I do have 4 tickets for the 8th that I would happily offer to any board member at face value. Section HH I believe. Feel free to PM me. And chimbly, do you still need tickets for the 7th?

lily1

« Reply #649 on: November 22, 2004, 12:29:00 pm »
i have 2 tickets to the camden/philly show for sat, december 4 if someone wants them. i'll be up in nyc instead catching the frames at joe's pub. i'll scan them in tonight so you can gander where your seats are and email them to you so just pm me.

Chip Chanko

« Reply #650 on: November 22, 2004, 07:13:00 pm »
Hey Bunnyman...the Coctails will also be opening for Yo La Tengo at Maxwell's in Hoboken on Dec 12th for one of their Hannukah nights. I was always bummed that i couldn't make it to their last show a few years ago, but it looks like they're going to be playing together again (in Chicago on Jan 15th, too).

For anyone who like the Coctails, their new box set of rare stuff is really good.

Originally posted by bunnyman:
  I missed the Datsuns, caught some of the Walkmen (they were OK) on the second night, and saw some of the band last night (can't remember their name). In DC we get TV on the Radio, the Datsuns, and the Bennies on both nights. I wish I hadn't missed the Coctails. They're playing tonight and they're a great Chicago band.

I want to put in a special word for the Chicago audience. The looks of joy and rapture from those people made the shows so great. I think the band picked up on that and it has truly made the tour probably better than their wildest dreams. Fucking awesome.

Bags

« Reply #651 on: November 30, 2004, 02:06:00 pm »
My Dec 7th tickets are officially available to any board member.  I got the tickets not knowing if I'd get tickets for the 8th, which I got (in spades).

I also have tickets for the 8th available to anyone....

PM me.

redsock

« Reply #652 on: November 30, 2004, 02:08:00 pm »
both nights are sold out right? I imagine it shouldn't be a problem unloading at the door if necessary?

npetting

« Reply #653 on: December 01, 2004, 01:19:00 am »
I've got 2 tics available for the Dec 8 show.
 ORCH LL

PM me

Bags

« Reply #654 on: December 01, 2004, 11:21:00 am »
Originally posted by redsock:
  both nights are sold out right? I imagine it shouldn't be a problem unloading at the door if necessary?
I know....it's crazy.  There was so much furor over this show here, and among friends of mine in other cities.  I bought 8 tickets for Dec 8, my friend got another 8 (we didn't know we each were getting that many), so we have 16 tix for the 8th and my two pre-sale for the 7th, and there are only FIVE friends who want to go.

Man, how frickin' odd.  I'd rather not wait until day of the show to sell'em, but it may come down to that.

As always, I want to give folks here first crack, but should I try Craig's List?  And if I sell them that way, how do you do the exchange (it's easy because I got the PDF's, but do I wait until I get buyer's money, etc?)

bearman🐻

« Reply #655 on: December 03, 2004, 02:28:00 pm »
Anyone else going to the Pixies show in Camden on Saturday night? I'll be in the 5th row, wearing my Germs t-shirt.  :)

SalParadise

« Reply #656 on: December 03, 2004, 02:45:00 pm »
  Anyone else going to the Pixies show in Camden on Saturday night? I'll be in the 5th row, wearing my Germs t-shirt.   :)  
the band probably already recognizes you in the crowd each night.

on a related note, they played "hey" the other night. first time they've played it all tour.

yay.

joeavrage

« Reply #657 on: December 03, 2004, 03:01:00 pm »

Originally posted by redsock:
I know....it's crazy.  There was so much furor over this show here, and among friends of mine in other cities.  I bought 8 tickets for Dec 8, my friend got another 8 (we didn't know we each were getting that many), so we have 16 tix for the 8th and my two pre-sale for the 7th, and there are only FIVE friends who want to go.

Man, how frickin' odd.  I'd rather not wait until day of the show to sell'em, but it may come down to that.

As always, I want to give folks here first crack, but should I try Craig's List?  And if I sell them that way, how do you do the exchange (it's easy because I got the PDF's, but do I wait until I get buyer's money, etc?) [/b]
I think the best thing is to talk to the people over the phone... I've had no big problems buying or selling tix on craigslist that way. Also, since you're dealing with pdfs, you can get people to paypal you the money (if you use it). Just have to agree on who is going to send first.

bearman🐻

« Reply #658 on: December 03, 2004, 03:15:00 pm »
They played "Hey" in Chicago...that's my sister's favorite song of theirs, so she was ecstatic. Yeah, my goal is to get to say hi to them at some point and thank them for doing this tour. Kim might actually remember me...Frank Black told me once I look like Bob Mould. And Joey Santiago kissed me on the cheek once.

SalParadise

« Reply #659 on: December 03, 2004, 03:39:00 pm »
  They played "Hey" in Chicago...that's my sister's favorite song of theirs, so she was ecstatic. Yeah, my goal is to get to say hi to them at some point and thank them for doing this tour. Kim might actually remember me...Frank Black told me once I look like Bob Mould. And Joey Santiago kissed me on the cheek once.
nevermind, i'm stupid. they've been playing "hey" all along (how could they not?). i think they even played it at coachella, and i was there.

i know they pulled out something new recently...maybe "i've been tired"...