Author Topic: V-Fest Roll Call  (Read 27135 times)

manimtired

Re: V-Fest Roll Call
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2008, 02:40:00 pm »
he still sucks live...his last show at merriweather was painful.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2008, 03:03:00 pm »
Agreed about him sucking live. Last time I saw him I couldn't even recognize a song until mid-way or close to ending. It's a total waste of money.

Originally posted by manimtired:
  he still sucks live...his last show at merriweather was painful.
(_|_)

Relaxer

« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2008, 03:24:00 pm »
He was absolutely awful, just how it was described above, when he did two opening sets for the Dead in 95.
oword

hutch

« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2008, 03:33:00 pm »
well i saw him on friday  at the electric factory and it was stellar...

i also saw him twice at the 930 club and it was pretty special

bob dylan live is a bit of an acquired taste.. but obviously he can't be that bad considering he is on the road 150 nights a year and pretty much selling out every venue!

i was at merriweather and it was a pretty good show.. of course i was 10th row.. if you're on the lawn its pretty pointless...you have to actually see the man and you have to know the songs..

does it take some time to recognize the songs sometimes? sure, so what? he's got a crack band and the best songs in the business...he still puts a lot into a performance..or go hear theshow from friday and tell me his "nettie moore" was not incredible.

hutch

« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2008, 03:34:00 pm »
  sorry..i posted 96 b/c that was my senior year of high school...2001 was my senior year of college which was the last time i saw him play the geetar...fuck off
nice try mac too bad you got caught up in your own bullshit...

manimtired

« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2008, 03:54:00 pm »
ok bub. u r 1 srs dylan fan!!!!!  duquesne university palumbo center show. look it up. fuck head.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2008, 03:59:00 pm »
there are strict rules around here... bickering is only allowed between snobby indie music elistist... take your beef to some dylan fanboy site and settle it there...
T.Rex

manimtired

« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2008, 04:00:00 pm »
lets talk about cut/copy ...id honestly rather see that shit band than dylan live again.

lancha

« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2008, 04:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

Originally posted by StoneTheCrow:
 As much as folks like to give the Foos flack, they used to be a great live act.  Now, not so much.  3rd time I've seen them.....probably the last.
i tried warning y'all... underworld was the closer to catch last night.  did anyone make it? [/b]
yeah I did. Underworld was awesome, though at times it didn't seem loud enough. But man, those balloons were just too cool. They opened with crocodile, played most of their hits including rez/cowgirl, born slippy, pearls girl, moaner, two months off, dark and long train, and closed with jumbo.

i'm reporting from the festival now. Rabbit in the moon was absolutely crazy. Wow.

hutch

« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2008, 04:40:00 pm »
  ok bub. u r 1 srs dylan fan!!!!!  duquesne university palumbo center show. look it up. fuck head.
i'm out on this thread but i have to respond to this:

whats with the insult? you think dylan is terrible cause he don't play guitar, fine. But I think i'm entitled to point out that he did play guitar during the 96-2001 period and any dylan fan would know that regardless of when they graduated.

The concensus is he's not a great guitarist.. if you went to his shows as you say (something i doubt) you know that his guitar playing consisted of largely 2 note solos with his band's guitarists doing the heavy lifting! I happened to enjoy them but to say he started to suck because he didn't play guitar is just ridiculous..people don't go to see dylan to see his guitar skills and his voice has remained pretty much the same..it was tough to understand what song he was singing in 1996 and its tough today. Tony Garnier still leads the band and if anything they better than ever

I apologize if you find reality difficult to handle and please try to refrain from insults. You should be confident enough in your beliefs to not have to resort to mudslinging.

Sage 703

« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2008, 04:55:00 pm »
Anybody have a weather report from the festival?

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2008, 09:10:00 pm »
Chiming in on the Dylan argument:

I saw his set at the New American Music Union festival in Pittsburgh last night, and Bob was in excellent form.  The band sounded great too, but Bobby seemed to be really enjoying himself.

manimtired

« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2008, 09:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by gaaaaaaaaah:

I saw his set at the New American Music Union festival in Pittsburgh last night, and Bob was in excellent form.  The band sounded great too, but Bobby seemed to be really enjoying himself.
funny you say that b/c i heard he was clearing the place out.  to the dylan fanboy...stfu

manimtired

« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2008, 09:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by hutch:

i'm out on this thread but i have to respond to this:

whats with the insult? you think dylan is terrible cause he don't play guitar, fine. But I think i'm entitled to point out that he did play guitar during the 96-2001 period and any dylan fan would know that regardless of when they graduated.

The concensus is he's not a great guitarist.. if you went to his shows as you say (something i doubt) you know that his guitar playing consisted of largely 2 note solos with his band's guitarists doing the heavy lifting! I happened to enjoy them but to say he started to suck because he didn't play guitar is just ridiculous..people don't go to see dylan to see his guitar skills and his voice has remained pretty much the same..it was tough to understand what song he was singing in 1996 and its tough today. Tony Garnier still leads the band and if anything they better than ever

I apologize if you find reality difficult to handle and please try to refrain from insults. You should be confident enough in your beliefs to not have to resort to mudslinging. [/b]
dipshit..i did know that...i wrote the wrong year.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2008, 10:38:00 pm »

Originally posted by gaaaaaaaaah:

funny you say that b/c i heard he was clearing the place out.  to the dylan fanboy...stfu [/b]
Well, I was front row, so I couldn't see how many people left during his set, but I'm not surprised at all that people did.  A lot of the student age kids at that show were set up to be way let down by Bob.  However, he played a real good show if you knew what you would be getting.  Country blues arrangements of his songs.  Played very well.  Sung pretty well too.  But enough people stuck around to make a pretty nice sing along to "Like A Rolling Stone" as his encore.