Author Topic: Roll Call:Wilco  (Read 25025 times)

ggw

Re: Roll Call:Wilco
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2004, 03:56:00 pm »
From Key Bridge, take a right on the Whitehurst Freeway (the entrance is on the bridge itself before you get to M St.).  
 Bear left when the freeway ends, and you will be on K St.  
 Go about ten blocks and take a left on 14th St.  
 Go ten blocks and take a right on U St.
 Go six blocks and take a left on 8th St.  
 Go one block and take a left on V St.  
 Go one block and look out the passenger's window.

Originally posted by Sugartastic Tee Silk:

Originally posted by Mongo:

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

I'll be there although I am still trying to find an alternate route from Arlington.
Key Bridge to Whitehurst Freeway to K Street.

K Street to 14th.  14th to U.  U to 8th.  8th to V. [/b]
Good point. I think thats my best option.  The Chain Bridge would be a complete pain in the ass and forget about 66. [/b]
Anyone have the rights and lefts on these directions?
 Also, last week, someone posted directions via E St. exit...anyone remember those? And if so, would it not be the opted way for this evening? Thanks. [/b]

« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2004, 04:01:00 pm »
And then drive back over to 15th and S or so and park so your car don't get broke into.

From Key Bridge, take a right on the Whitehurst Freeway (the entrance is on the bridge itself before you get to M St.).  
 Bear left when the freeway ends, and you will be on K St.  
 Go about ten blocks and take a left on 14th St.  
 Go ten blocks and take a right on U St.
 Go eight blocks and take a left on 8th St.  
 Go one block and take a left on V St.  
 Go one block and look out the passenger's window.

Originally posted by Sugartastic Tee Silk:

I'll be there although I am still trying to find an alternate route from Arlington.
Key Bridge to Whitehurst Freeway to K Street.

K Street to 14th.  14th to U.  U to 8th.  8th to V. [/b]
Good point. I think thats my best option.  The Chain Bridge would be a complete pain in the ass and forget about 66. [/b]
Anyone have the rights and lefts on these directions?
 Also, last week, someone posted directions via E St. exit...anyone remember those? And if so, would it not be the opted way for this evening? Thanks. [/b]
[/b]

joz

« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2004, 04:03:00 pm »
guess you can't fathom how sitting in a cavernous theater listening to sonic youth drone on and on and on could possibly be boring. a venue has a lot to do with the vibe of a show and i can say that sonic youth did not carry that place...at least they didn't carry me.

i know i'm opening a big can of squishy worms with this one but honestly, rhett, i haven't seen you post anything halfway intelligent on this thread. does it pleasure you to be caustic and antagonize people?

ggw

« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2004, 04:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  And then drive back over to 15th and S or so and park so your car don't get broke into.

I park the GGWmobile on the street around the 9:30 and the Black Cat all the time and it's never been broken into.

Then again, nobody has ever clocked me with a beer bottle at a show either.

ggw

« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2004, 04:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by joz:
 rhett, i haven't seen you post anything halfway intelligent on this thread. does it pleasure you to be caustic and antagonize people?
Welcome to The Forum.

brennser

« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2004, 04:05:00 pm »
does it pleasure you to be caustic and antagonize people?
welcome to our world joz....

eltee

« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2004, 04:10:00 pm »
I generally go to the lot.
 ggw - Danke Schoen!

Originally posted by Rhett Miller:

I park the GGWmobile on the street around the 9:30 and the Black Cat all the time and it's never been broken into.

Then again, nobody has ever clocked me with a beer bottle at a show either. [/b]

« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2004, 04:11:00 pm »
I could be in any venue in the world and still think Sonic Youth was boring. Whereas if I like a band, I'm going to like them in just about any venue. Doesn't make that much difference to me, if the band is really good.

I was just asking. I didn't realize cigarettes and alcohol were  prerequirements to enjoying a show. If that were the case, I feel sorry for our good friend Kosmo.

And I do prefer the simplicity of the first two Wilco albums over their more convoluted later stuff, as well as the simplicity of the Beatles earlier work, which was more inspired by early rock and roll as opposed to their drug consumption...and ditto for Beach Boys singles over Pet Sounds...much more poppy and listenable. I think those comments are more a reflection of my taste than lack of intelligence.

Originally posted by joz:
  guess you can't fathom how sitting in a cavernous theater listening to sonic youth drone on and on and on could possibly be boring. a venue has a lot to do with the vibe of a show and i can say that sonic youth did not carry that place...at least they didn't carry me.

i know i'm opening a big can of squishy worms with this one but honestly, rhett, i haven't seen you post anything halfway intelligent on this thread. does it pleasure you to be caustic and antagonize people?

thirsty moore

« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2004, 04:43:00 pm »
You've got your initials on all of your dress shirts, don't you.

ggw

« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2004, 04:55:00 pm »
Doesn't everyone?

Originally posted by thirsty moore:

[/b]

ggw

« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2004, 05:06:00 pm »
  Anyway, has anyone learned anymore about the availability of the Heads of State concert poster.  I assume it will be for sale at the show.  I'd definitely like to get my mits on one.
The Heads of State confirmed that the poster will be available at the show and on Wilco's site (assuming there are some leftovers).

mankie

« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2004, 05:08:00 pm »
  Doesn't everyone?

Originally posted by thirsty moore:

[/b]
[/b]
[/QB]
Seriously, why the hell do people do that?

eltee

« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2004, 05:38:00 pm »
Anyone looking for a pair of tickets, check the new post from eddie on the ticket exchange..

Darth Ed

« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2004, 01:28:00 am »
Great show! With a bonus third encore!

Anyone have a set list?

Anyone record the web cast?

freddyadu

« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2004, 07:10:00 am »
oh naive little freddy, he's never seen a sold-out 930 club and had no idea it would be so packed.  i waltzed in too late and got stuck behind some idiots.  how did wilco get so popular?

this one's to grow on..