Author Topic: Thievery Corporation Roll Call  (Read 7345 times)

BookerT

Re: Thievery Corporation Roll Call
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2006, 01:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by d.c.1:

Originally posted by chokeychicken:
  surprised to see the lack of forum members at these shows.
that's cuz this forum is saturated with jaded and self righteous indie-rock nerds who won't support "fun" music or great local bands unless it's fugazi or some new buzz band fugazi wannabe with a profile on pitchfork.com.

but that's just my take on it. [/b]
so far i count 10 people going to at least one show. you won't find many other roll calls with 10+ attendees, i don't think.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2006, 01:35:00 pm »
what makes you say that?  lack of replies to this thread?  that would be indicative of boardees lack of interest/willingness to reply.

with four sold-out nights, i suspect there will be plenty of boardees there... maybe they just won't wanna 'fess up to getting down to TC.  well, i have no cred here anyways - i can't wait for tonight's show!
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2006, 01:37:00 pm »
  that's cuz this forum is saturated with jaded and self righteous indie-rock nerds who won't support "fun" music or great local bands unless it's fugazi or some new buzz band fugazi wannabe with a profile on pitchfork.com.

but that's just my take on it.
actually, you sound kinda jaded yourself... jaded about this message board    :)   (i do, for the most part, share your opinion though... oh well, comes with the turf.  and nice turf it is, love the soundtrack!)
<sig>

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2006, 01:39:00 pm »

Actually, I'd say there are many folks on this forum going to the show, and if you'd been paying attention you'd have seen the long thread as boardies cheered along, happy for TC's success for selling out 4 shows.  Even Seth, overlord of 9:30 chimed in to say TC were one of his favorite live acts of all time.  In fact, I'd hardly call it a stretch to say there are far more Fugazi detractors on this board than those who would trash TC.  And I say that Pitchfork gets bashed as much as any band or entity on this board.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say this board doesn't support "fun" music, what the hell is "fun" music anyway?  

But that's just my take on it, jackass.  Pay closer attention next time.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2006, 02:24:00 pm »
d.c.1 - you might have missed it, but there was  another thread when the concerts were first announced.  more buzz there.

(can we PLEASE get a search function in here?!?)
<sig>

d.c.1

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2006, 03:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  d.c.1 - you might have missed it, but there was  another thread when the concerts were first announced.  more buzz there.

(can we PLEASE get a search function in here?!?)
thanks sweetcell.  a search button would be helpful.

d.c.1

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2006, 04:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by Señor Carlos:

Actually, I'd say there are many folks on this forum going to the show, and if you'd been paying attention you'd have seen the long thread as boardies cheered along, happy for TC's success for selling out 4 shows.  Even Seth, overlord of 9:30 chimed in to say TC were one of his favorite live acts of all time.  In fact, I'd hardly call it a stretch to say there are far more Fugazi detractors on this board than those who would trash TC.  And I say that Pitchfork gets bashed as much as any band or entity on this board.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say this board doesn't support "fun" music, what the hell is "fun" music anyway?  

But that's just my take on it, jackass.  Pay closer attention next time. [/b]
ok, thanks buddy.  cheer up.  you aren't one of the jaded self-righteous 930 club board regulars i'm talking about are you?

chaz

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2006, 04:09:00 pm »

But that's just my take on it, jackass.  Pay closer attention next time. [/b]
ok, thanks buddy.  cheer up.  you aren't one of the jaded self-righteous 930 club board regulars i'm talking about are you? [/b]
Jaded, nah, self-righteous..perhaps a bit.  I've got nothing but good will for (nearly) all, but when someone comes along with 40 posts or whatever and starts calling the whole board nerds or dorks or whatever and whatnot i can't help myself.  Gotta spend a little time in the sandbox before you can start throwing sand around.  :D

d.c.1

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2006, 04:33:00 pm »

Jaded, nah, self-righteous..perhaps a bit.  I've got nothing but good will for (nearly) all, but when someone comes along with 40 posts or whatever and starts calling the whole board nerds or dorks or whatever and whatnot i can't help myself.  Gotta spend a little time in the sandbox before you can start throwing sand around.   :D  
ah, you called out my low post count.  touche.  but isn't that the preferred method of vengeful response from the regular internet message board dork?

lol, anyway just taking the piss.  not trying to have an internet fight here.  maybe i'll see you at the show(s)?

chaz

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2006, 04:42:00 pm »

Jaded, nah, self-righteous..perhaps a bit.  I've got nothing but good will for (nearly) all, but when someone comes along with 40 posts or whatever and starts calling the whole board nerds or dorks or whatever and whatnot i can't help myself.  Gotta spend a little time in the sandbox before you can start throwing sand around.      :D    
ah, you called out my low post count.  touche.  but isn't that the preferred method of vengeful response from the regular internet message board dork?

lol, anyway just taking the piss.  not trying to have an internet fight here.  maybe i'll see you at the show(s)? [/b]
Dangit I just could'nt resist the low post count comment.  And this is really the only board I actually engage people on, so I learned all my bad manners here!  All the other boards I read and post on are much dorkier than this one....people beeping and sqwawking about exchange servers and active directory, whatever that fuck that is.....or speakers or AV gear.  This is the only place if ever use words like  fuck, piss and jackass.

Actually I've never even heard Thievery Corporation!  So I won't be there.....but am sure they'll be great shows so enjoy!

Read and post more often and next thing you know you can join me the when I start piling on Rhett, or yelling at Dupek to stop race baiting or posting all those stupid links.

Relaxer

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2006, 05:21:00 pm »
  or yelling at Dupek to stop race baiting or posting all those stupid links.
Wow, I thought you were Dupek. I don't know who anyone is anymore.
oword

chaz

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2006, 05:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by Relaxer:

or yelling at Dupek to stop race baiting or posting all those stupid links.
Wow, I thought you were Dupek. I don't know who anyone is anymore. [/b]
I'm not quite sure how to take that.

My new year's resolution is to never change my screen name again.  Which I really haven't done too too many times anyway.

lily1

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2006, 02:08:00 am »
A good show. Not a great show, but consistently good tonight. Sista Pat is the bomb. I want to be that cool in 20 years.

I was asking one of the ESL staff about the set list and he said that they planned on doing the same set list tonight (Thursday) as well. That's why they were denying set lists to fans.

Seth got some time as percussionist when he wasn't smoozing or taking pictures with the vips, which included chef Jose Andres from Jaleo/Zaytinya/Cafe Atlantico. I didn't recognize anyone else up there.

renton007

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2006, 10:00:00 am »
TC will be doing a discussion with the washingtonpost today.

from the wp:

"Rob Garza and Eric Hilton, who make up the innovative ensemble group called Thievery Corporation, will be online Thursday, Dec. 21, at 2 p.m. ET"

Chulahoma

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2006, 11:07:00 am »
how long was TC's set last night?