Author Topic: Thievery Corporation Roll Call  (Read 7344 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Thievery Corporation Roll Call
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2006, 11:35:00 am »
main set was 1:20 (ended at 11:45'ish)
 first encore was 30-40 mins
 second encore was one song
 rolled outta da club around 1:00

thievery delivered exactly what i expected, which was a lot.  last year i saw them for the first time and expected to see two turntables and a microphone, so when a full band hit the stage they blew me away.  this year i knew what to expect so they didn't get the surprise factor.  solid show, i'd go back tonight if i could.  between encores, that was some of the loudest cheering i have ever heard at the 930.  projection system was impressive (as is always the case with TC): a 20-foot high pixel/lcd screen behind rob and eric, with the front of their dj both thingy being a continuation of the screen behind them.

got to the club at 8:30 and all rail space upstairs was occupied.  good real estate on the floor dissappeared by the time the openers hit the stage (definitely worth checking out - argentinian reggae!).  arrive early if you want a good spot.  place was packed solid.

plan on going to the ELS after the show if you can (we didn't pay any cover).  when i got there the two jamaican MCs were performing.  band was hanging out at the back of the main floor side room.

didn't make it home until 3:00.  at work this morning.  at gogol the previous night.  i think i deserve a prize for hardcoreness/stupidity.
<sig>

lily1

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2006, 12:27:00 pm »
did they keep ESL open past the usual 2 am weeknight closing hour?

Naldo

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2006, 01:18:00 pm »
i'll be there tonite. Thx Verny, your new CD is the Shiz.

peabody

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2006, 01:26:00 pm »
Did anyone catch what sort of merchandise they had for sale? Any posters?

I know pulling a setlist for a 2.5+ hour show from memory would be hard but any standout songs? Give me something to wet my appetite even more!

lukiedookie89

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2006, 01:47:00 pm »
Oh man! I can't wait for Saturday!  
 How was the crowd?  Were people dancing or was everyone just standing?  I'm really hoping for some ENERGY!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2006, 02:26:00 pm »
lily1: they might have kept it open a little past 2, but i didn't check the time when we left.

peabody:
 - i didn't check out the merch booth up close, but from my spot on the balcony rail i could see it.  they only had two TC shirts and the usual assortment of 930 gear.  i couldn't see if they had CDs or other stuff on the table.
 - setlist excerpt: they played lebanese blond, richest man, and a lot of brazilian, reggae and french crap   :p  

lukas: crowd was packed in, people were dancing/grooving on the spot as best they could.  lots of energy, see my previous post about loud cheering.
<sig>

Chulahoma

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2006, 03:18:00 pm »
anyone remember how much shirts were?

lily1

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2006, 03:25:00 pm »
from the washington post chat:

Washington, D.C.: How much are you planning on changing up the set lists for this string of shows at 9:30?

Eric Hilton: We'll be doing an almost identical set each night. There may be an extra song or two on Friday and Saturday b/c we can play later. I hope people will enjoy the same set regardless.

jmayhugh

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2006, 03:38:00 pm »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2006, 03:45:00 pm »
eric?  as in eric hilton?  as far as i know, he's not a member of this board...
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2006, 04:48:00 pm »
copy and paste from the washington post chat: talking about drums and percussions at last night's show, rob wrote:

Yeah It was a shame when Seth jumped in there, ruined the whole show
assholes
<sig>

kentarokaos

« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2006, 05:29:00 pm »
will there be pictures posted?  i went yesterday (wednesday)

Sir HC

« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2006, 06:26:00 pm »
Looks like I will be there tonight (thursday).   Hanging by the board like always...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2006, 06:29:00 pm »
pictures aren't posted anywhere on 930.com, so if you want pix you're going to have to wait for someone to post them on flickr or some other online photo gallery.
<sig>

matts

« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2006, 06:57:00 pm »
Sweetcell - based on your earlier post, to get a decent spot on the floor (i.e., front 50%, centerish) I need to be in place before 9:00.  Sound right?