Author Topic: Thievery Corporation Roll Call  (Read 7290 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Thievery Corporation Roll Call
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2006, 07:24:00 pm »
yup, that was the deal last night.  the opener, Federico Aubele, is worth checking out so you want to be there by 9 anyways.  

the floor will be packed, you'll be shoulder-to-shoulder, and you'll enjoy every second of it.
<sig>

matts

« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2006, 07:30:00 pm »
Thanks.  Can't wait.

Originally posted by sweetcell:
  yup, that was the deal last night.  the opener, Federico Aubele, is worth checking out so you want to be there by 9 anyways.  

the floor will be packed, you'll be shoulder-to-shoulder, and you'll enjoy every second of it.

lily1

« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2006, 08:20:00 pm »
hehehe. courtesy of craig's list:

Swinger in his late 20's looking for a hot date for the show tonight.

Sexual favors a plus, of course! Drinks on me. Your ticket is free. Just be a sociable hot female under 25 looking to party.

Email me with/for details!

Rick

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/tix/251719251.html

lily1

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2006, 01:51:00 am »
tonight was better than last night-better sound, better crowd, better energy. same exact set list, as expected. no seth though.

tonight (friday) should blow the roof off the club.

anarchist

« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2006, 02:05:00 am »
i knew they would do the same set every night. probably the same set they did last year.  not that i don't like them.

Sir HC

« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2006, 08:36:00 am »
Originally posted by lily1:
  tonight was better than last night-better sound, better crowd, better energy. same exact set list, as expected. no seth though.

There was something different last night, they were talking about someone doing something special just for that show (thursday).  No clue what though.  Was a great sounding show, great set too.

Still would love to have heard  2001 Spliff Odyssey.

Mobius

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2006, 10:20:00 am »
Agreed -  the energy was great last night.  Bassist went big, and musicians and singers seemed particularly locked in.  The show had a nice burn and was cracking by the end.

Have fun this weekend.

senatorcongressman

« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2006, 11:46:00 am »
Originally posted by Sir HC:

There was something different last night, they were talking about someone doing something special just for that show (thursday).  No clue what though.  Was a great sounding show, great set too.
 [/b]
Something different? Percussionist sang on "heart's a lonely hunter"? Last 2 times I saw TC, the Brazilian dude sang that part.  I dunno what im talking bout really.

Sir HC

« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2006, 12:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by senatorcongressman:

[/b]
Something different? Percussionist sang on "heart's a lonely hunter"? Last 2 times I saw TC, the Brazilian dude sang that part.  I dunno what im talking bout really. [/b]
Yes!  That was it.

lily1

« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2006, 01:20:00 pm »
he's done that at lollapalooza this summer and then the one-off shows they did earlier this year. it was just him earlier this year, but i like how he and val double up on it now.

lily1

« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2006, 01:23:00 pm »
last year was heavier on cosmic game material. this is more varied and indicative of their catelogue. i wish they would feature sista pat a bit more for these shows. that woman rocks.

Originally posted by anarchist:
  i knew they would do the same set every night. probably the same set they did last year.  not that i don't like them.

ltjbukum

« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2006, 02:41:00 pm »
 [QB] last year was heavier on cosmic game material. this is more varied and indicative of their catelogue. i wish they would feature sista pat a bit more for these shows. that woman rocks.

hi - i did not attend wednesday or thursday, but am headed to tonight's and saturday's show.  did see the trio of 2005 shows as well.  would you say that the material they are playing for this stand of shows is more mellow/dubby, a la The Mirror Conspiracy & Sounds From the Thievery Hi-Fi?  I do hope so, but I suppose I love them so much at this point that they could armpit fart The Battle Hymn of the Republic and I would still be psyched.

Thanks for any further info you can give.

Best -

L.

Sir HC

« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2006, 03:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by ltjbukum:

[QB] last year was heavier on cosmic game material. this is more varied and indicative of their catelogue. i wish they would feature sista pat a bit more for these shows. that woman rocks.

hi - i did not attend wednesday or thursday, but am headed to tonight's and saturday's show.  did see the trio of 2005 shows as well.  would you say that the material they are playing for this stand of shows is more mellow/dubby, a la The Mirror Conspiracy & Sounds From the Thievery Hi-Fi?  I do hope so, but I suppose I love them so much at this point that they could armpit fart The Battle Hymn of the Republic and I would still be psyched.

Best -

L. [/b]
38.45 was played, several older ones (I am not that good on the album vs. songs).  Good mix I thought.

ltjbukum

« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2006, 03:59:00 pm »

Originally posted by ltjbukum:

Best -

L. [/b]
38.45 was played, several older ones (I am not that good on the album vs. songs).  Good mix I thought. [/b]
outstanding!  thanks for the info.  i love that track.

senatorcongressman

« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2006, 04:13:00 pm »
 ... but i like how he and val double up on it now.
^ YES, very nice!