Author Topic: The Stooges Roll Call  (Read 18911 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The Stooges Roll Call
« Reply #120 on: April 11, 2007, 04:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by bearman:
  God I'm SO stoked for tonight's show at the Electric Factory. I'll be sure to give a full report.
i'm very tempted to jump in my car and drive up to philly right now...

edit: just to torture myself, i called the electric factory a moment ago.  the nice lady on the phone informed me that the show isn't anywhere near sold out, tickets will definitely be available at the door.  why do i do this shit to myself?!?
<sig>

TheDirector217

« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2007, 04:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

God I'm SO stoked for tonight's show at the Electric Factory. I'll be sure to give a full report.
i'm very tempted to jump in my car and drive up to philly right now... [/b]
This is one of those very few acts that no one could call you stupid for doing so, S Dot Cell.  If I didn't have a full calendar tonight, I'd probably be on the first thing smoking my damn self.

TheDirector217

« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2007, 05:08:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

i'm very tempted to jump in my car and drive up to philly right now...

edit: just to torture myself, i called the electric factory a moment ago.  the nice lady on the phone informed me that the show isn't anywhere near sold out, tickets will definitely be available at the door.  why do i do this shit to myself?!? [/b]
Simply because the music tells you, homey.  Simply because the music tell you . . .

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #123 on: April 11, 2007, 05:22:00 pm »
Take your earplugs!

andyrichter

« Reply #124 on: April 11, 2007, 05:30:00 pm »
thanks for uploading!!!!  :cool:

bearman🐻

« Reply #125 on: April 12, 2007, 10:21:00 am »
Fucking hell...I can't compare the Philly show to the DC show since I missed it, but this was truly one of those performances I will NEVER forget. High Class Elite and Sistas in the Pit both sucked donkeys, but the Stooges rocked like mofos. They opened with "Loose" and then did stuff like "Down On the Street", "I Wanna Be Your Dog", etc. (which were all great), but I thought they totally killed it on stuff like "Dirt" and "Funhouse". Good gawd, the crowd went apeshit during "Real Cool Time"...there must have been about 75 people on stage and Iggy thanked the "Philly Spazz-dancers". Hilarious. SO...who from the DC show got up on stage? If I had been a bit closer my ass would have been right up there. We had a 5-song encore, no repeat of "I Wanna Be Your Dog". "My Idea of Fun" really is a shit song, but some of the other new ones ("I'm Fried") were passable. Still, when they played "1970" I lost my shit. So damn sore today from jumping up and down. Great Philly crowd too. Random celeb sighting: Bam Margera and his dippy little wife. Can't wait to see how soon those two split up.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #126 on: April 12, 2007, 10:34:00 am »
yup, that sounds about right - now you know why we here in DC yammered on about this show for two days and thanked Sethwald profusely.  truly an incredible performance.

damn, i knew i should have gone to philly last night, 9 AM meeting be damned...
<sig>

terry

« Reply #127 on: April 12, 2007, 10:48:00 am »
Did the Philly show ever sell out? Just feel like torturing myself after the fact.

A friend of mine is going to the Detroit show tomorrow. Can't wait hear to about that one!

thirsty moore

« Reply #128 on: April 12, 2007, 10:49:00 am »
Seeing The Stooges is awesome and all, but seeing them in Detroit would rule.

Originally posted by terry:
 A friend of mine is going to the Detroit show tomorrow. Can't wait hear to about that one!

bearman🐻

« Reply #129 on: April 12, 2007, 11:28:00 am »
I don't think it ever did sell out...there was actually quite a bit of room to move around on the floor, and even though it was a good turnout, it never seemed packed the way that a sold-out 9:30 show gets packed. You all should have come up! I would love to know how the Philly show compared to the DC show. I want to say we got a longer setlist (they played for 1 hour and 20 minutes).

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2007, 11:36:00 am »
 I want to say we got a longer setlist (they played for 1 hour and 20 minutes).
1:20:00 total (with encore), or main set only?  in DC, we got just under 80 minutes total, main set + encore.
<sig>

TheREALHunter

« Reply #131 on: April 12, 2007, 12:21:00 pm »
  I don't think it ever did sell out...there was actually quite a bit of room to move around on the floor, and even though it was a good turnout, it never seemed packed the way that a sold-out 9:30 show gets packed. You all should have come up! I would love to know how the Philly show compared to the DC show. I want to say we got a longer setlist (they played for 1 hour and 20 minutes).
From your earlier account, I'd say minus the reprise of "I Wanna Be Your Dog" that you probably saw the same show in the same song order.

bearman🐻

« Reply #132 on: April 12, 2007, 02:35:00 pm »
The songs were definitely in a different order...1969 was in the encore as well. It was 1 hour and 20 minutes, but the breaks between the main set and the encores were literally maybe a minute or 2 tops. I think we may have gotten 2 more new songs (or maybe stuff from Skull Ring...I should check on that). No matter what, it was a friggin' great time. So glad that I got to see them. The Electric Factory isn't my favorite venue, but it was fine for what it was. TLA is much better though.

nkotb

« Reply #133 on: April 12, 2007, 02:40:00 pm »
We had the two Skull Ring songs too (Skull Ring & Electric Chair).  I just don't think anyone mentioned them.

The songs were definitely in a different order...1969 was in the encore as well. It was 1 hour and 20 minutes, but the breaks between the main set and the encores were literally maybe a minute or 2 tops. I think we may have gotten 2 more new songs (or maybe stuff from Skull Ring...I should check on that). No matter what, it was a friggin' great time. So glad that I got to see them. The Electric Factory isn't my favorite venue, but it was fine for what it was. TLA is much better though.

beetsnotbeats

« Reply #134 on: April 12, 2007, 03:00:00 pm »
How was the volume and sound in Philly? Here, the bass made it feel like I was wearing a Magic Fingers bed.