Author Topic: The Stooges Roll Call  (Read 18914 times)

PigIron

Re: The Stooges Roll Call
« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2007, 09:48:00 am »
Orpheum.  Very nice to look at but not a great place for a rock show.  Any drinking was limited to a very crowded lobby.  I heard previously that the sound there was very good but it really wasn't.  Confined to very small balcony seats - no one in my row seemed to be more than average weight and height yet we were packed in like sardines.  Alot of this stuff doesn't matter when the show starts, I know.  I'm just saying that other venues I've been to in my life are a bit more comfortable.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2007, 10:29:00 am »
Originally posted by PigIron:
  Confined to very small balcony seats - no one in my row seemed to be more than average weight and height yet we were packed in like sardines.
same thing with a lot of the seats in fenway... i guess that's the problem of going to historic (i.e. old) venues - back in the day people ate less, exercised more and weren't as tall.  the average american today just doesn't fit into those seats anymore.
<sig>

Bags

« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2007, 01:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by chaz:
  Personally I think Jenkins is your typical self important jaded rock critic and usually I've no time for his been-there done-that ramblings.

But this time he got it just right.
I couldn't stand him when he wrote for the CityPaper in the early/mid 90s.  Not that everything he writes is crap, but he tended to rub me the wrong way with a lot of his coverage.

Sailor Ripley

« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2007, 12:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by TheDirector217:
  Who's gonna get mp3s of the show from last night???
I have it now, made from the NPR stream.  Does someone have an FTP site I can load it to for distro? It's 93 MB

Send me an email via my profile if you have a site where you can host it so others can get a copy.

nkotb

« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2007, 12:18:00 pm »
Put it on http://www.mediafire.com/ and send us the link!

Originally posted by Dave Stoller:

I have it now, made from the NPR stream.  Does someone have an FTP site I can load it to for distro? It's 93 MB

Send me an email via my profile if you have a site where you can host it so others can get a copy. [/b]

andyrichter

« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2007, 12:18:00 pm »

Send me an email via my profile if you have a site where you can host it so others can get a copy. [/b]
wow.  that's awesome. can you just upload it to www.yousendit.com or www.megaupload.com? after uploading you just post the link for it here. thanks and appreciate the effort.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2007, 12:39:00 pm »

Send me an email via my profile if you have a site where you can host it so others can get a copy.
i have a new favorite boardee.
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #112 on: April 11, 2007, 12:47:00 pm »
My Idea of Fun is such a great song...   :eek:  

(kidding)
(_|_)

Sailor Ripley

« Reply #113 on: April 11, 2007, 01:50:00 pm »
OK, it is uploaded here:
 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=10YX4SQ7

Can someone tell me how to get back on the pre-sale email list? I used to be on it and for some reason have stopped getting the emails. Poked around and could not find where to do this. Thanks.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #114 on: April 11, 2007, 02:32:00 pm »
  OK, it is uploaded here:

Can someone tell me how to get back on the pre-sale email list? I used to be on it and for some reason have stopped getting the emails. Poked around and could not find where to do this. Thanks.
you rule.

e-mail list: go to www.930.com, click on "mail list" on left-hand side.  there is also a direct e-mail address to request subscription: List_Serve@930.com (please mention that sweetcell at gmail from the bboard sent you, apparently i can win tickets to shows for the referral!  :) )
<sig>

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2007, 03:19:00 pm »
How do I downlaod the file w/o having to install their damn toolbar or add in?
FUKIT

nkotb

« Reply #116 on: April 11, 2007, 03:22:00 pm »
Haha...I struggled with that too.  

Directly to the right of the MegaUpload logo, there's a "Download" button and a text field.  Just enter the three large letters in the text entry box and hit "Download."

Originally posted by RatBastard:
  How do I downlaod the file w/o having to install their damn toolbar or add in?

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2007, 03:25:00 pm »
Thanks...  I needed to refresh to get that button.  Kind of obvious once it showed up!   :)
FUKIT

bearman🐻

« Reply #118 on: April 11, 2007, 03:59:00 pm »
God I'm SO stoked for tonight's show at the Electric Factory. I'll be sure to give a full report.

TheDirector217

« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2007, 04:19:00 pm »
  OK, it is uploaded here:

You, sir, are a BAD fuckin' man.  Not Jean Claude Van Damme circa Bloodsport bad, but even better.  Like Tom Morello or Jay-Z bad.    :D  

Either way, thank you, is what I'm trying to say.