Author Topic: violence by the club AGAIN  (Read 38162 times)

alex

Re: violence by the club AGAIN
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2007, 12:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
 it's called sensationalism... not that a Fox News junkie like yourself would understand      :)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2007, 12:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bombay Chutney:

Originally posted by Dupek Chakra:
  Then why was there mention of the 930 club in both news articles, Einstein?  Riddle me this.
it's called sensationalism... not that a Fox News junkie like yourself would understand       :D        "girls walking to metro victims of random violence" doesn't make it headline news.  tie it in with "club violence", the flavor of the week, and you've got a lead story.  wow, imagine that, questioning the media...
  [/b]
So you don't think it's of any interest at all that a group of 8 or so girls randomly attacked people about a block from the club?  You think it's purely "sensationalism"  to mention that they just left 9:30 just moments before this happened?

Are there any facts here that you do feel were worth reporting?  Or should the whole story just have been ignored and chalked up to "Shit Happens"? [/b]
Just because something is fcat does not mean it is relevant.  Sure the supposed attackers were black.  Sure the girls had just left the 930 club.  Who cares?  If something being fact was all that was needed for it to be reported I want to know why none of the girls had a car to drive to the show.  Was it out of gas, was it repossessed, was it in the shop getting repaired, what? Also we need to know how many (if any) of these girls were left handed and the shoe size of each.  All just as relevant as the race and recent location of each person involved.
FUKIT

TheDirector217

« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2007, 01:09:00 pm »
  I stand by my statement.  Nightclub violence is an african, rather than a youth problem.  All the recent incidents back up this assertion.
Yeah, definitely. Cause when you pop up in the middle of a mosh pit with white boys with broken noses & fractured arms and what not, you most definitely will find black folk at the root of the problem.

Global warming? Black folk. Blame 'em.

Higher taxes? Black folk.

WMDs??? Hidden by black folk.  

Grand Wizard Dupek strikes again.  You are a simple mofo . . . .

<small>[ 04-05-2007, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: kosmo ]</small>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2007, 01:12:00 pm »
there there Director play nice... the vice principals office is not where you want to spend your afternoon.
T.Rex

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2007, 01:19:00 pm »
  Then why was there mention of the 930 club in both news articles, Einstein?  Riddle me this.
good copy
(o|o)

Guiny

« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2007, 01:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by le sonick:

cops never even asked us what happened and we were on the platform the WHOLE time!

Your Canadian, your statements would have been inadmissible in court.

Rupert Pupkin

« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2007, 01:24:00 pm »
9:30 Club has and always will be in a shitty part of DC.

« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2007, 01:25:00 pm »
Wow, that sounds almost as hot as the catfighting on Lost last night.

this reminds me of a story, when i was in Boston.  one night at a metro stop these drunk white girls were being obnoxious and these Portuguese girls were finally like, "shut the fuck up" and the white girl called her a whore...fighting ensued, someone got hit with some kind of object...cops come....white girls claim they did nothing at all, portuguese girls arrested.

cops never even asked us what happened and we were on the platform the WHOLE time!

not that that's what happened here.

« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2007, 01:29:00 pm »
HIV is an African problem. What does Africa have to do with the problems in DC nightclubs?

Originally posted by Hoya Paranoia:

Three Assaulted Near Popular Club

Fossen described the assailants as black girls
A distillation of the pertinent facts.  This nightclub violence is a black problem, not a youth problem.

The victims were caucasian, the perps were african.  It sounds like a Hate Crime.  But this is never mentioned. [/b]
THAT is how you brought in the racist angle, IMO - your assertion that the only pertinent fact is that the assilants were black (your words).

bombay: good point.  no, definitely worth noting it happened near a club.  i guess my point was mostly to counter his assertion that "it's in the news, so it must be true". [/b]
Guilty as charged.

I stand by my statement.  Nightclub violence is an african, rather than a youth problem.  All the recent incidents back up this assertion. [/b]

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2007, 01:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by RatBastard:
  Just because something is fcat does not mean it is relevant.  Sure the supposed attackers were black.  Sure the girls had just left the 930 club.  Who cares?  If something being fact was all that was needed for it to be reported I want to know why none of the girls had a car to drive to the show.  Was it out of gas, was it repossessed, was it in the shop getting repaired, what? Also we need to know how many (if any) of these girls were left handed and the shoe size of each.  All just as relevant as the race and recent location of each person involved.
Good point.  They probably should have just written the story as:

Small group of people attacked by larger group of people in Northwest.

because everything else is pretty much irrelevant.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2007, 01:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rupert Pupkin:
Haven't you seen all the condos being developed around the 9:30 club?   The biggest worry should be all those Not In My Backyard types who start complaining about shows taking place at the club, even though they should be fully aware of it's presence when they buy.
T.Rex

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2007, 01:44:00 pm »
(o|o)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2007, 01:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo:

Originally posted by Rupert Pupkin:
Haven't you seen all the condos being developed around the 9:30 club?[/b]
i dunno, Rupert Pupkin's analysis seemed much more cogent than yours.  i think i'm going to take his side on this one.
(o|o)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2007, 01:53:00 pm »
point taken... nice condo's or not it can still be a shitty part of town...
T.Rex

sonickteam2

« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2007, 01:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by Buck Satan:

Your Canadian, your statements would have been inadmissible in court. [/b]
hahaha, funny funny!