Author Topic: the conspiracy theory thread  (Read 217456 times)

wml7

Re: the conspiracy theory thread
« Reply #240 on: August 22, 2011, 01:50:09 pm »
its meaty  ;D

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #241 on: August 22, 2011, 01:55:54 pm »
I've never eaten at a Five-Guys but I thought they were known for their fries more than their burgers.

Another marketing scam is Italian food. No matter what shape it comes out. It's still the same pasta!!!

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #242 on: August 22, 2011, 07:03:32 pm »
am i the only one who can't stand 5 guys burgers?  we have them out here where i live, and i've been to one in nva . . . and i find them horrible.  horrible.  not mcdonalds horribe, but not "the best burger joint for the rest of time" that so many people praise upon it.  i see stories on the news about kings and queens of foreign lands who eat nothing but 4 star fare, who fucking rave about the place as if it was jesus who brought forth the loaves of buns and meat patties for the masses to feed.  is it those peanuts?  people just eat up a place where you eat peanuts and throw the shells on the floor.  is that it?  is it the redskins connection?  must people around this area hero worship anything that has to do (even if remotely) with that team?  maybe it is just me and my taste buds.  i think the burgers are ugly, messy, and taste boring.  no wonder they offer 1000 toppings . . . to cover up the boredom.

I don't know about other Five Guys but the one near me has all these glowing reviews hanging in the window, but if you look at the review dates they are mostly dated 2005 and earlier, which is before they expanded to a zillion outlets.   Unlike some types I am not philosophically opposed to chains, but it's a fact that a manager no matter how well trained is never going to give as much as a shit as the owner, and in a restaurant that really matters.   You can see the difference when a local restaurant expands to even one or two more outlets.  Five Guys might once have stood apart but at this point it's no different from any other fast food outlet.  Maybe slightly better ingredients -- even that's debatable. 

The other thing, though is that places can trade on their name forever, because most people are stupid.  That is what's keeping Five Guys going.   Another good example is Lauriol Plaza -- a great intimate restaurant ithe early 1990s, now 10x its original size, hasn't been special in years, and people still line up. 
_\|/_

wml7

« Reply #243 on: August 22, 2011, 07:55:13 pm »
does alcohol lead to violence at sporting games?

should alcohol be served at sporting events, where anger is a team all in itself?

is alcohol needed to enjoy life's events?

how sad, if people argue that not serving alcohol would make it worse . . . "or be giving in."

are you referring to the Niners and Raiders game the other day???  Where fights broke out everywhere??  It's just a CA thing  ;D

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #244 on: August 22, 2011, 08:52:28 pm »
As far as I'm concerned, Five Guys has the absolute worst hamburger on the planet. Think it might be the excessive grease they use that grossed me out so badly. Had one once and refuse to ever go back regardless of location. I remember feeling sick all night due to that horribly greasy thing.

The spicy fries were good but I'd never bother to go back just for their fries just because I want them to go out of business. At least, stop spreading their garbage all over the place. Unfortunately, they seem to be spreading all over the place like a cancer. UGGGHHH!!!

wml7

« Reply #245 on: August 22, 2011, 09:14:14 pm »
When I get a Five Guys burger I put every topping they have on the menu on my burger.  The look on their face is priceless  ;D

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #246 on: August 22, 2011, 09:56:05 pm »
wow, you must be able to open your mouth . . . real big.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #247 on: August 22, 2011, 11:28:12 pm »
that cat needs a dental cleaning...
_\|/_

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #248 on: September 01, 2011, 11:00:17 pm »
where you been is dinosuar jr's best album.

green mind . . . close second.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #249 on: October 19, 2011, 09:45:47 am »
the enron collapse which had such ties to the new president george bush, so much so that it would have defined his first presidency and perhaps even led to the stepping down of cheney and who knows what else, was pushed under the carpet and completely forgotten about due to that little thing that happened right after . . . nine eleven.  timing is everything.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #250 on: October 19, 2011, 09:52:44 am »
here's a guess.  all the people in this country who are tired of government and sick of the way things are done in washington and wish rich people would stopped running this country and would love to join those protests . . . will just vote in the next election the way they always have been doing; not based on research of the candiadate, but rather on who has the best ads, raised the most money, is the cutest, reminds them of their parents, is on political side or the other, or is from their hometown (awww, isn't that sweet).  and they won't pay attention to what the government is doing by passing this law or redistricting that county so the republicans get more votes, or doing away with unions because unions have normally contributed to the democratic party.  people don't have time to worry about those things, they want to be entertained by something.  politics are boring; let some smart person worry about that.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #251 on: November 09, 2011, 03:07:46 pm »
that emergency broadcast test was pretty freaky ... i'm sure the government had nefarious goals, right??
(o|o)

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #252 on: November 09, 2011, 03:23:21 pm »

The Pennsylvania's DA office knew the Sandusky grand jury results would be the end of Paterno.  But they waited until he got the all time wins record to release their findings.

....which ties into the question that many have about why Sandusky wasn't prosecuted for 1998
incident(s).  Because the District Attorney in the case mysteriously disappeared in 2005:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/09/sports/ncaafootball/questions-on-sandusky-wrapped-in-2005-gricar-mystery.html

Mark my words.  This thing is going to be College Football's Watergate with Paterno as Nixon (obviously.)  It sort of makes Reggie Bush and tattoos at Ohio State seem less important.

Brian

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #253 on: November 09, 2011, 03:54:13 pm »
that emergency broadcast test was pretty freaky ... i'm sure the government had nefarious goals, right??
It's freakier when they do this every 2 or 3 weeks without announcing. This one was weird because it was all radio and TV stations at the same time, even across cable. Not sure about satellite though.
‼‼?‼‼

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #254 on: November 09, 2011, 06:45:24 pm »
i was just thinking of this thread today.  after listening to chris from coldplay on stern today . . . i sort of now like them.  thank you.