Author Topic: Air  (Read 8711 times)

starcrash

Air
« on: April 05, 2004, 10:34:00 am »
What are the chances that the 9:30 club will give a buy one get one free deal on one of the Air shows?  $35 is pretty steep.

J'Mal

Re: Air
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 10:37:00 am »
if they do that, i'd want $35 back (bought two tix.)

markie

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 10:39:00 am »
My crystal balls say slim, very slim. They wouldnt have added the second show unless they were confident of reasonable turnouts. Normally 2 for 1's have been cheaper shows, as well.

I might go too, I havent got tickets either. I dont have the new album, is it any good?

starcrash

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 10:41:00 am »
The new album is excellent.  I may go to the Friday show, which by the way, was on Air's tour schedule a long time before 9:30 posted it.

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2004, 10:43:00 am »
The opening act, Mosquitos is playing for free at Dupont Ollson's Friday at 1:30. Pleasant though unspectacular Brazilian-influences pop.

jkeisenh

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2004, 10:44:00 am »
I love their music but won't shell out $35 for their show... but I'd be there in a heartbeat if there was a 2-fer-1.

markie

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2004, 10:44:00 am »
Originally posted by starcrash:
   I may go to the Friday show, which by the way, was on Air's tour schedule a long time before 9:30 posted it.
Yes I know, but if they had only sold a few tickets for Thursday, I am pretty sure they wouldnt have done the Friday show. Nothing is official until tickets go on sale at the club.

But the second night was announced quite late, making me think demand for the first night was not so great, but I bet there will be plenty of people who decide to go at the last minute. I just think its that kind of band.

redsock

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2004, 10:45:00 am »
Originally posted by mark e smith:
  My crystal balls say slim, very slim. They wouldnt have added the second show unless they were confident of reasonable turnouts. Normally 2 for 1's have been cheaper shows, as well.

I might go too, I havent got tickets either. I dont have the new album, is it any good?
What, you haven't read the review of it on  BigYawn?

markie

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2004, 10:52:00 am »
I had read it. But the reviewer confesses to not really knowing much about the band, which I consider a minor flaw. I guess the people who post here may well be experts on the band and have different opinions.

chules

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2004, 10:58:00 am »
Originally posted by mark e smith:
Built to Spill did a 2 for 1 deal on their second show last year. But yes, it was a much cheaper show than Air.

brennser

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2004, 11:10:00 am »
link to a pretty cool air poster by emek

bearman🐻

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2004, 11:27:00 am »
I've got everything Air has ever done...this is probably their most consistent record. Great, great stuff...$35 is very steep, but it will be worth it. It's going to be a great show!

grotty

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2004, 11:32:00 am »
Originally posted by brennser:
  link to a pretty cool air poster by emek
Very cool brennser - he showed me the test prints @ Flatstock (I bought the Pixies poster from him). He was quite excited and proud of the Air poster. He hadn't decided on a color at the time though. Turned out great.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2004, 11:47:00 am »
If people don't like the new album (personally I think it's fantastic), I wouldn't spend $35 since they pretty much play the same setlist nightly and it's basically all of Talkie Walkie and just a spattering of songs off other albums (Le Femme De Argent, Talisman, Sexy Boy, Playground Love, etc.)

markie

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2004, 11:56:00 am »
Originally posted by elj:
  If people don't like the new album (personally I think it's fantastic), I wouldn't spend $35 since they pretty much play the same setlist nightly and it's basically all of Talkie Walkie and just a spattering of songs off other albums (Le Femme De Argent, Talisman, Sexy Boy, Playground Love, etc.)
Fantastic information, Thankyou. I guess I will go and buy the album today then.

Do they play much off of 10 000 legend? I really like that album.