Author Topic: Vinyl isn't dead yet...  (Read 259571 times)

Re: Vinyl isn't dead yet...
« Reply #840 on: May 16, 2022, 10:30:59 pm »
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/home-rule-music-festvial-tickets-306433961227

Join us for amazing performances by Black Fire artist, Plunky & Oneness of JuJu, legendary progressive jazz artists Doug Carn and David Murray.
The Home Rule Music Festival features the best Food Trucks, Craft Beverages, and a Record Fair with the finest local vinyl shops and record dealers.
This year the festival gathers around the story and legacy of Black Fire Records, the legendary distribution service turned label, magazine, and cultural movement that served to define the soundtrack of 1970s DC.
slack

« Reply #841 on: May 19, 2022, 05:37:02 pm »

“You can't do that!" is probably what the Capitol Records pressing plant manager yelled at the rogue employee who created this unheard of (and unauthorized) yellow-and-black split color version of the Beatles' 1964 single "Can't Buy Me Love." Likely pressed surreptitiously after hours, Third Man recently purchased this insanely rare record at auction. Expect to see this single on display soon at Third Man Records.
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #842 on: May 20, 2022, 07:56:40 am »
If ever there was a more aptly titled collection

For The Birds: The Birdsong Project 20LP Box Set

$399.99

I’ve seen this listed as high as $499 and the vinyl is a preorder

Purchase includes pair of Warby Parker Birdoculars from The Birdsong Project.

Downtown Records will be releasing The Bird Song Project "For The Birds: The Birdsong Project" on December 9th. The art-filled, 20LP box set includes over 200 tracks of original music and bird-related poetry. Proceeds from the sale of this collection and supporting events will be dedicated to the protection of birds and the habitats they need, today, tomorrow, and for all our futures with the National Audubon Society.

https://www.newburycomics.com/products/various_artists-for_the_birds_the_birdsong_project_20lp_box_set

And it’s coming out digitally in volumes starting today

Given Gozilla the Mark Robson, Damon Albarn and Wale collaboration makes more sense then first thought

T.Rex

Starsky

« Reply #843 on: May 20, 2022, 08:44:58 am »
Glad to say I have managed to steer clear of collecting birdcall records….there sure are a lot of them

« Reply #844 on: May 20, 2022, 10:28:27 am »
I will say, I saw some on here that made me think Jules would like this

Weird Bird - Written by Shel Silverstein. Read by Bobby Cannavale
Broom - Written by Jim Harrison. Read by Matthew McConaughey
If I Were a Kookaburra - Performed by Stephin Merritt
LSD - Written by Alex Dimitrov. Read by Jeff Goldblum
Seven in the Woods - Written by Jim Harrison. Read by Jason Schwartzman
‘sweet spring is your - Written by E. E. Cummings. Read by John Lithgow
Ode to the Hummingbird - Written by Pablo Neruda. Read by Daryl Hannah
St Kevin and the Blackbird - Written by Seamus Heaney. Read by Liam Neeson

All kidding asside there are some impressive musicains adding original music to this
not saying it's any good, but that's quite a list of musical superstars for such an odd project that probably won't sell that well (but maybe they will make $11 off streaming rev)
slack

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #845 on: May 20, 2022, 10:38:28 am »
Olivier Messiaen would be... at least intrigued?
😐 🎶

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #846 on: May 20, 2022, 11:17:26 am »
If ever there was a more aptly titled collection

For The Birds: The Birdsong Project 20LP Box Set

$399.99

And it’s coming out digitally in volumes starting today

Digital volume 1

If the other volumes are similar, there will be 5 volumes total, each with four LPs of tracks.

😐 🎶

« Reply #847 on: May 20, 2022, 11:21:42 am »
there is even one for space on here
Lies About Sea Creatures - Written by Ada Limón. Read by Olivia Wilde
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

« Reply #849 on: May 24, 2022, 09:06:57 am »
at the budget friendly price of $1599 and doesn't come with a dust cover

Whiles I am a beggar, I will rail and say there is no sin but to be rich; and being rich, my virtue then shall be to say there is no vice but beggary
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 09:10:18 am by Sidespeare ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Starsky

« Reply #850 on: May 24, 2022, 09:11:56 am »
The big news is UMG is hiking prices on LPs 24%

The $50 LP is not far behind

If record companies weren’t so greedy and if they invested in new pressing plants vinyl could become something other than a niche market….as it is it’s destined to be a luxury good

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #851 on: May 24, 2022, 12:19:03 pm »
at the budget friendly price of $1599 and doesn't come with a dust cover

you just hire someone to dust it 3 times a day, DUH.

being rich, my virtue then shall be to say there is no vice but beggary

you forgot to log into the Jules account
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #852 on: May 24, 2022, 10:09:20 pm »
Sir, we bring in a fresh vinyl platter and system daily. Well, the help physically does it, but you get my point.
LVMH

« Reply #853 on: June 08, 2022, 04:33:58 pm »
Cool Dad Raising Daughter On Media That Will Put Her Entirely Out Of Touch With Her Generation

"Back then, I listened to junk like Journey and watched crappy movies like Iron Eagle," the 41-year-old said in reference to popular music and films of the 1980s that allowed him to have something to talk about with friends. "I wish my own dad had turned me on to the good stuff, so I wouldn't have had to wait until I was in my 20s before I started digging anything halfway decent."

"Well, I'm not making the same mistake he did," Campbell continued as he pulled out vinyl copies of Television's Marquee Moon, Miles Davis' Sketches Of Spain, and Big Star's #1 Record, highly influential albums that will in no way help his daughter interact with her peers at a particularly delicate time in her social development
slack

Starsky

« Reply #854 on: June 08, 2022, 08:44:08 pm »
Sketches of Spain is one of my least favorite Miles albums. Does anyone genuinely like it?