Author Topic: Vinyl isn't dead yet...  (Read 259647 times)

walk,on,by

Re: Vinyl isn't dead yet...
« Reply #150 on: January 29, 2016, 05:51:14 pm »
who is bob.

the new, and improved, member of the forum.  some think, he is a returning guest, which would be awesome. some, think, he's a gangster of love.

bob72

« Reply #151 on: January 29, 2016, 05:56:41 pm »
PENIS

« Reply #152 on: January 29, 2016, 07:04:40 pm »
im pretty sure, causing trouble, gives mil·len·nials a major hard on.  like, vinyl.

sidehatch, said your instead of you're.  I don't care, but talk about being old.

sidehatch's grammar is on par with his .gif posts.
oh go stick your dreds up your arsehole
slack

bearman🐻

« Reply #153 on: February 10, 2016, 03:46:28 pm »
https://www.newburycomics.com/products/sugar-copper_blue_-_beaster_exclusive_2_lp?variant=14880124934

Sugar -- Copper Blue and Beaster double vinyl, 750 copies. Looks cool.

hutch

« Reply #154 on: February 10, 2016, 04:56:39 pm »
https://www.newburycomics.com/products/sugar-copper_blue_-_beaster_exclusive_2_lp?variant=14880124934

I saw that.. .I check Newbury a lot..

Reissues on colored vinyl do nothing for me.. ..unless its an item really hard to find otherwise...I don't get them.. but thats just me...I have the original Copper Blue pressing.. Beaster I don't have but I never liked it much anyways..

bearman🐻

« Reply #155 on: February 10, 2016, 07:08:30 pm »

Reissues on colored vinyl do nothing for me.. ..unless its an item really hard to find otherwise...I don't get them.. but thats just me...I have the original Copper Blue pressing.. Beaster I don't have but I never liked it much anyways..

Blasphemy...Beaster shreds. Couldn't imagine someone not being blown away by Judas Cradle and JC Auto.

I never got it on vinyl and that's one that I'd like to add to my collection. I think it's actually a fair cost for both. I picked up a super cool red starburst Stooges "Fun House" LP from Newbury last year. Looks great, sounds even better.

dyecraig

« Reply #156 on: February 10, 2016, 07:17:02 pm »

thanks  for the tip - looking forward to hearing /seeing /having it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 07:59:25 pm by dyecraig »

hutch

« Reply #157 on: February 10, 2016, 09:17:10 pm »

Blasphemy...Beaster shreds. Couldn't imagine someone not being blown away by Judas Cradle and JC Auto.

I never got it on vinyl and that's one that I'd like to add to my collection. I think it's actually a fair cost for both. I picked up a super cool red starburst Stooges "Fun House" LP from Newbury last year. Looks great, sounds even better.

some pics will follow but i will say my favorite bob mould is the poppier one.. which is why i love copper blue so much.. songs like if i can't change your mind dug deep for me back in the day...

bearman🐻

« Reply #158 on: February 11, 2016, 09:10:34 am »

some pics will follow but i will say my favorite bob mould is the poppier one.. which is why i love copper blue so much.. songs like if i can't change your mind dug deep for me back in the day...

I think Copper Blue is probably his most solid work in terms of songwriting, performance, AND production. It sounds great all around. I think Beaster came as a surprise when it came out because it definitely had a darker, more sinister vibe to it and it genuinely sounded like a madman with a guitar in his hand coming off the rails...and it was such a striking contrast to Copper Blue. It was kind of a Jekyll and Hyde kinda thing. Which makes me glad that both are reissued together.

dyecraig

« Reply #159 on: February 28, 2016, 02:19:52 am »
saw a nice dj promo copy of lou reed "transformer" with big song timing sticker and rubber stamp from madison college radio for $20 at rtx in fairfax today.
thought about it later again, but you can't buy everything.
probably the only copy they received from rca.
how many times was that wotws played on the air?
call first before you drive over there on sunday, somebody.
wondering what else was in that box from the label.
dammit! regret! when will i ever learn?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 02:29:56 am by dyecraig »

Unsanity

« Reply #160 on: February 28, 2016, 06:03:51 am »
saw a nice dj promo copy of lou reed "transformer" with big song timing sticker and rubber stamp from madison college radio for $20 at rtx in fairfax today.

How were the dollar bins? I sometimes find great stuff in there. That place has its ups and downs for good second hand stuff.

I'd say a good 40% of my record collection is promo copies. Pretty much any obscure band I find is a promo copy. It is rare to find the really big name stuff in promo form, like Beatles, Led Zeppelin etc. I have a few really cool ones like a promo-mono White Light/White Heat.

« Reply #161 on: March 02, 2016, 11:39:53 am »
talk about a find
Record store owner stumbles upon 100,000 sealed records in basement

that's gotta be one big basement

Spanning the classics from Prince and Bob Marley to The Ramones and Frank Zappa, the collection of 100,000 virgin discs was the entire inventory of a record store that closed its doors in 1984.
he bought the entire stock for close to $100,000.
slack

hutch

« Reply #162 on: March 02, 2016, 11:48:55 am »

How were the dollar bins? I sometimes find great stuff in there. That place has its ups and downs for good second hand stuff.

I'd say a good 40% of my record collection is promo copies. Pretty much any obscure band I find is a promo copy. It is rare to find the really big name stuff in promo form, like Beatles, Led Zeppelin etc. I have a few really cool ones like a promo-mono White Light/White Heat.

they had a great stretch last year but this year the cheap stuff seems to have become kind of crummy...i'm not sure why as its the same two dudes buying.. maybe i'm just not going on the right days...

bob72

« Reply #163 on: March 05, 2016, 08:12:35 pm »
Record store day release - Green River "1984 Demos"

Looking forward to this one
PENIS

killsaly

« Reply #164 on: March 05, 2016, 08:21:02 pm »
Where did you see a list of RSD 2016 releases????