Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2631079 times)

serpent boy

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #1260 on: June 16, 2009, 04:54:44 pm »
And how was Eddie?
(sorry for all the questions, I'm living vicariously right now. Plus, there is so much chatter about shows before they happen and often not as much after - which is what I mostly want to know about - the show(s). If you don't or are too shy to review / comment, grading is fine. Thanks!)

Very enjoyable. The crowd wasn't quite as rowdy as last year at Warner Theatre, and Eddie was in good form. Usually he botches the more difficult songs like "Guaranteed," but he was spot on last night. There were a few singalongs: "Sometimes," "Hide Your Love Away," "Let My Love Open the Door," "Small Town," and "Hard Sun."

I was in the balcony, row K, so the seats weren't the best, but the acoustics at Lyric Opera House were great! Plus, the show was a bit more meaningful because Chris McCandless's (Into the Wild) sister Carine and her family were in attendance.

Here's the setlist:
Walking the Cow
Brain Damage --> Sometimes
Trouble
Around the Bend
I Am Mine
Far Behind
No Ceiling
Guaranteed
Rise
Picture in a Frame
You're True
Open All Night
Driftin'
You've Got to Hide Your Love Away
Let My Love Open the Door
Parting Ways
Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town
Porch
---
Society (w/ Jerry Hannan, the songwriter)
Throw Your Arms Around Me (w/ Liam Finn)
Golden State (w/ Eliza Jane Barnes)
Forever Young
Wishlist
Arc
---
Hard Sun (w/ Liam and Eliza Jane)

azaghal1981

« Reply #1261 on: June 17, 2009, 08:57:56 am »
The Tallest Man on Earth set last night was the best thing I've seen since Ghost.

Fantastic!

I (and seemingly a good size chunk of the crowd) knew that it wasn't going to get much better than that and left before John Vanderslice came on.
احمد

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1262 on: June 17, 2009, 09:10:29 am »
no more Metric for me.

Tallest Man on Earth = grrrreattttt, anyone else made it?

Tallest Man on Earth opening for Vandersnooze - Tuesday
Calexico - Wednesday

no Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears or the Van Pelt, or Los Amigos Invisibles for me   :'(
(_|_)

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #1263 on: June 17, 2009, 03:36:26 pm »
Eesh - Had to scrap Phoenix as thought my job might be gone by the end of the week. So at least I made good money on the ticket. And it also looks like we're done with layoffs for now! woohoo!

Thurs - Phoenix - Music Hall of W'burg
Fri-Sun - AFI Silver Docs
HeyLa

hutch

« Reply #1264 on: June 17, 2009, 03:46:38 pm »
Eesh - Had to scrap Phoenix as thought my job might be gone by the end of the week. So at least I made good money on the ticket. And it also looks like we're done with layoffs for now! woohoo!

I suppose you're proudly admitting you scalped the ticket?

what a jerkoff.

hutch

« Reply #1265 on: June 17, 2009, 03:47:58 pm »
Anyways,

I'll be at the Amigos Invisibles show Saturday night.. one of my absolute favorite live bands.. always a good time and a fun crowd.

« Reply #1266 on: June 17, 2009, 03:55:32 pm »
Why is she a jerkoff? I'll bet the other person was very happy to get that Phoenix ticket.

what a jerkoff.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #1267 on: June 17, 2009, 04:06:52 pm »
Ok before you start making assumptions on what I did heres the deal. Someone said theyd pay xyz $$ for a ticket. I told them I had a ticket and would sell them for what they wanted to pay. Its insanely hard to get a ticket to the show and I would never try and sell it for that value. But if someone is offering why should I not help them out.

But youre right - in this economic downturn in NYC I should have thougth of them first and told them i will only sell for face. Btw - you dont have a clue what I paid and what I sold. So dont be so quick to assume that I ripped someone off. And good money to me, might not be good money to you.

what a jerkoff.
HeyLa

azaghal1981

« Reply #1268 on: June 17, 2009, 04:35:02 pm »
Ouch... a year ago today, you were called a bitch on here and now this?

احمد

brennser

« Reply #1269 on: June 17, 2009, 04:53:46 pm »
Metric seem worth breaking my gig drought - their album is still my favorite of 2009

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #1270 on: June 17, 2009, 05:01:21 pm »
LOL! funny - i was thinking the exact same thing. Man - people are _very_ quick to judge here!

Ouch... a year ago today, you were called a bitch on here and now this?

HeyLa

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #1271 on: June 17, 2009, 05:01:33 pm »
Ok before you start making assumptions on what I did heres the deal. Someone said theyd pay xyz $$ for a ticket. I told them I had a ticket and would sell them for what they wanted to pay. Its insanely hard to get a ticket to the show and I would never try and sell it for that value. But if someone is offering why should I not help them out.

But youre right - in this economic downturn in NYC I should have thougth of them first and told them i will only sell for face. Btw - you dont have a clue what I paid and what I sold. So dont be so quick to assume that I ripped someone off. And good money to me, might not be good money to you.
Hutch, he just torched your ass, bitch! He torched it!

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #1272 on: June 17, 2009, 05:04:37 pm »
if we still havent learned anything - im a chick! But Thanks!

Hutch, he just torched your ass, bitch! He torched it!
HeyLa

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1273 on: June 18, 2009, 09:13:15 am »
"Help, I'm Alive" is so damn repetitious. Next time I'll count the number of times she says "beating like a hammer". I'm sure about 50.

Metric seem worth breaking my gig drought - their album is still my favorite of 2009
(_|_)

sonickteam2

« Reply #1274 on: June 18, 2009, 11:47:17 am »
"Help, I'm Alive" is so damn repetitious. Next time I'll count the number of times she says "beating like a hammer". I'm sure about 50.

while its a good observation, who cares. the song kicks and i agree with brennser.