Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2669847 times)

bearman🐻

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #2085 on: April 27, 2010, 12:13:39 pm »
If it wasn't the same drummer, it definitely wasn't the same show. I'm sure it was great, but he truly did have some of the most amazing natural musical ability that I've seen by a backing musician in a long time. Thanks for the updates!

hutch

« Reply #2086 on: April 27, 2010, 12:36:16 pm »
I thought it was great. First show at Shithole Hall in about 3 years. From the sixth row sound was very good....

Security was out of hand hassling people about videos/cameras.. I mean they were detracting from the show... Not that I care but never seen such long lines for alcohol..it was insane.

Thomas said something about how drummer couldn't make it but I would guess he'll be at future shows...

Seth should book them at Merriweather this fall.. Lots of people I know got shut out on tickets and didn't want to deal with Craigslist.

Enjoyed getting on stage with band.... That Guy was there too..

Of course I wish I'd seen them at RNRH but you can't win them all.

Oh and it was nice to see a crowd really into a show in DC....

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2087 on: April 27, 2010, 12:51:59 pm »
Are there still flight restrictions? Because he's from a Scandiavan country and when I last looked him up he must be the only drummer in his home town as he was in at least a half dozen bands there.
T.Rex

Sir HC

« Reply #2088 on: April 27, 2010, 02:46:06 pm »
I prefered this drummer.  His use of the hi-hat was less disco-y than on the album.  He was the drummer with the first band, or so the lead singer said, wasn't sure if he was joking as he flubbed the start of one of the songs.  I liked the show, great sound, though I couldn't really make out the bassist's keyboard lines.

ggw

« Reply #2089 on: April 29, 2010, 08:43:55 pm »
American Idiot @ St James Theatre

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #2090 on: April 29, 2010, 09:33:50 pm »
Gossip tomorrow at T5
Sharon Jones on Saturday at Apollo
Peter Gabriel on Sunday at Radio City

That's a triple-header win.
Woof.

azaghal1981

« Reply #2091 on: April 29, 2010, 09:42:25 pm »
Squelchers at Velvet was scary. Like "holy shit I'm gonna get run over  by that amp if I don't run over to the side now!" scary.
Live music needs more of that nowadays.

Video from another show on the tour
احمد

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #2092 on: April 30, 2010, 12:11:00 pm »
Weezer and Ben Folds tonight. Worth the $5 for a student ticket.

My last Art Attack as a UMD student.  :(

bearman🐻

« Reply #2093 on: May 02, 2010, 05:18:55 pm »
How was Weezer? The Echo & the Bunnymen show was a lot of fun. Really glad that I went to that.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #2094 on: May 04, 2010, 09:35:45 am »
Anyone going to see The Album Leaf tonight at RNR?
(o|o)

killsaly

« Reply #2095 on: May 04, 2010, 04:50:27 pm »
Shit I cant believe I just remembered I had Talib tickets for last night... Damn visiting parents and their keeping my mind off of shows...

Oh well i guess this week is just SVI + Post rock bands at Basement Speakesay on Saturday.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 07:18:31 pm by killsaly »

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #2096 on: May 04, 2010, 05:23:58 pm »
Saturday - Broken Social Scene @ Music hall of Williamsburg
HeyLa

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2097 on: May 05, 2010, 03:06:24 pm »
Anyone going to see The Album Leaf tonight at RNR?

did you make it to this, hoya?  if so, how was it?

i'm currently listening to the new album and kicking myself for not going to the show.  i had plans, but i should have dropped them. 
<sig>

heather

« Reply #2098 on: May 05, 2010, 03:19:58 pm »
- tuesday: Frightened Rabbit @ BC if my ticket materializes

Let me know on this one.  I have a ticket for next month...

goin allllll the way back to last week on this one cause you made my day in that goldfrapp presale thread.

the frightened rabbit show was quite good.  it was the first time i'd seen them, and as a newish/casual FR fan, it was a treat hearing those midnight organ fight songs live.  it was more than worth the effort and $18.  enjoy the show!  (wish i could muster a better review, but i?m workin on 2 hrs of sleep? and i hate writing reviews.)

vansmack

« Reply #2099 on: May 05, 2010, 04:45:29 pm »
the frightened rabbit show was quite good.  it was the first time i'd seen them, and as a newish/casual FR fan, it was a treat hearing those midnight organ fight songs live.  it was more than worth the effort and $18.  enjoy the show!  (wish i could muster a better review, but i’m workin on 2 hrs of sleep… and i hate writing reviews.)

Thanks Heather!  I have tickets for May 19 and am looking forward to it.  I think you are about the same FR fan that I am - I have never seen them live, only recently got back into them, and was really hoping to hear a lot of Midnight Organ over the new stuff, though I like both albums.  I was excited about the show before, but now I'm really looking forward to it.

I would also like to point out that The Fillmore offered a 4 pack for this show which reduced the costs by about a third.  I was so impressed that I bought 4 tickets at $16.70 each ($24.60 with surcharge) rather than $22.50 each ($32.50 with surcharge) and even if I have to give the 4th ticket away, it will be worth it to me and the venue (for those bad at maths, I spent $98.40 on four tickets instead of $97.50 on three, and the venue will have one more drinker in the house).  Just sayin....
27>34