Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2631077 times)

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #9690 on: July 17, 2019, 10:03:21 am »
Elvis Costello is in Gettysburg tonite...hmmm, how was the last DC show? was it at DAR? 

This will probably be a longer show than the one with Blondie (who I have no desire to see)
I thought it was fantastic...don't really like the new stuff
played 27 songs...
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/elvis-costello-and-the-imposters/2018/dar-constitution-hall-washington-dc-396699b.html
he's still got game
Nieve and Pete Thomas were great
Missing bruce on bass tho
slack

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #9691 on: July 17, 2019, 10:06:18 am »
Just wanted to stop by and say Dan Boeckner was as amazing as expected on Saturday. I didn't think the new album was that great upon first listen, it was less of his patented dancy electro rock than was on the previous Operators album and EP. But the songs were great live and the Handsome Furs Sound Kapital songs were incredible.

There are few musicians as brilliant and talented as Dan around. He is certainly one of a kind.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #9692 on: July 17, 2019, 10:16:12 am »
I was there!  Probably gonna be in my top 5 shows this year.

The new album is 10X better live and Dan's voice was unbelievably great.

Did you dance?  It was definitely a workout.

Just wanted to stop by and say Dan Boeckner was as amazing as expected on Saturday. I didn't think the new album was that great upon first listen, it was less of his patented dancy electro rock than was on the previous Operators album and EP. But the songs were great live and the Handsome Furs Sound Kapital songs were incredible.

There are few musicians as brilliant and talented as Dan around. He is certainly one of a kind.
(_|_)

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #9693 on: July 17, 2019, 11:18:57 am »
Anyone seeing The Chats at Union Stage on Friday?

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #9694 on: July 17, 2019, 12:05:12 pm »
I was there!  Probably gonna be in my top 5 shows this year.

The new album is 10X better live and Dan's voice was unbelievably great.

Did you dance?  It was definitely a workout.

You didn' even tell me about this show.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #9695 on: July 17, 2019, 12:39:02 pm »
Vas, Challenged:

Can you two either just kiss already -- or, alternately, star in a buddy cop movie together (but, either way, get it over with so the rest of us can go back to our lowbrow insults and hijinks)? Thanks.
LVMH

Vas Deferens

« Reply #9696 on: July 17, 2019, 01:30:17 pm »
there is no attraction between us... maybe with you I'd have a better chance....send a pic! (xxx encouraged)

Vas, Challenged:

Can you two either just kiss already -- or, alternately, star in a buddy cop movie together (but, either way, get it over with so the rest of us can go back to our lowbrow insults and hijinks)? Thanks.
(_|_)

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #9697 on: July 17, 2019, 01:39:27 pm »
there is no attraction between us... maybe with you I'd have a better chance....send a pic! (xxx encouraged)

Vas, Challenged:

Julian, you know that I am only into chubbydudes from Richmond. :-*

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #9698 on: July 17, 2019, 02:22:28 pm »
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #9699 on: July 17, 2019, 04:33:57 pm »
Mountain Goats Thursday.

Never been to Ottobar before.  Are there any decent dinner & drinks spots nearby?

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #9700 on: July 18, 2019, 07:56:58 am »

Vas Deferens

« Reply #9701 on: July 18, 2019, 08:11:34 am »
I second R House - it has several food/drink options... park your car in the ottobar lot then walk there.

Clavel has good ambience but way overpriced food  (go to Mi Comalito instead - http://micomalitorestaurant.com)

some options

https://r.housebaltimore.com/   

http://www.sweet27.com/   

http://barclavel.com/ 
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 08:15:00 am by Vas Deferens »
(_|_)

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #9702 on: July 18, 2019, 08:18:49 am »
Haven't been to Obar this year. Did anything move into the spot where Parts and Labor was?

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #9703 on: July 18, 2019, 08:20:54 am »
Haven't been to Obar this year. Did anything move into the spot where Parts and Labor was?

No, empty, and I have parked over there in its lot.

nkotb

« Reply #9704 on: July 18, 2019, 10:51:26 am »
Maybe Fort Reno tonight if the weather holds and it isn't 1000 degrees.  Haven't had a chance to take the kids yet this year and we missed the Hammered Hulls night.