Author Topic: !!!  (Read 4453 times)

nkotb

!!!
« on: June 21, 2004, 12:50:00 am »
Did anyone make it to the show tonight?  So far gets my vote for most fun show of the year.  It takes a lot to get a DC crowd moving, and !!! managed to pull it off.  People were dancing, sweating, clapping...it was bliss.  And I'll be damned if "Intensify" isn't one of the greatest live songs EVER!

Samantha

Re: !!!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 07:17:00 am »
shit, my friend invited me to go to that and I forgot to call him back...thanks for reminding me  :eek:

thirsty moore

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 09:03:00 am »
Fathers Day ended up going later than expected.  Couldn't make it out to the Black Cat.

SalParadise

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004, 10:13:00 am »
yeah, it was a fun show. i liked his "what's up DC? franz ferdinand sold out?" comment referring to people not moving around too much...but the crowd energy for the last two songs was great.

alex

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2004, 12:01:00 pm »
I saw these guys at Coachella and despite the fact that it was 105 degrees at the time they took the stage, and people were hardly moving to ANY bands, they STILL managed to get us moving for their set.  So much fun, if Franz hadn't been on the same night, I so would have been at the Black Cat.

calecp01

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 12:12:00 pm »
Oh my what a great/intense/sweaty show.  Franz Ferdinand could not have been more fun than that.  Weeee!

Ps. I was in the front row and good lord, they are not a pleasant smelling band.

joz

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2004, 12:32:00 pm »
my in-laws outstayed their welcome and i completely missed out on seeing them...i did see them at coachella this year and they were, by far, my #1 discovery of the festival.  i'm so bummed.

tgrone

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2004, 02:22:00 pm »
I had bought my FF tickets before I even knew they were playing at the Black Cat, so I went up to the Ottobar Saturday night to see them, and man, was it worth it.  I love to dance and from that angle it was the best concert I've ever been to.

Afterwards I chatted a bit with a couple of the band members--the curly-haired guy said Franz Ferdinand had offered them an opening spot on their tour but "weren't going to give them any money."  Good thing for FF they said no--!!!would've blown them out of the water every single frickin' concert.

joz

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2004, 02:46:00 pm »
!!! must really be in it for the money...(I know I'll screw it up a bit but) Nic Offer's quote at Coachella was "I see all of you singing along out there.  Stop downloading this sh*t and pay my rent, b*$ches!".  Actually, it was probably the most memorable stage quote of the whole weekend.

SalParadise

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2004, 03:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by joz:
  !!! must really be in it for the money...(I know I'll screw it up a bit but) Nic Offer's quote at Coachella was "I see all of you singing along out there.  Stop downloading this sh*t and pay my rent, b*$ches!".  Actually, it was probably the most memorable stage quote of the whole weekend.
he had a couple of quotable lines during that set...

"we turned down a toyota commercial for you guys!"

and then he started talking about all the death and destruction going on in the world...and he said something to the effect of "all i can really do is just forget about it all and party." his delivery was priceless, though.

alex

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2004, 03:27:00 pm »
yeah he said something like "i see you guys singing along...it's not even out for another month!  stop downloading my shit so i can pay my rent!  i turned down a toyota commercial for you guys!"  

oh man that was such a fun set