Author Topic: So what happened this a.m.?  (Read 18811 times)

Bags

So what happened this a.m.?
« on: April 12, 2004, 11:30:00 am »
I figure the hfstivalers tried to wreak havoc on our forum and posted lots of spam...?  I don't understand why; I thought the fight was with another local forum, and I thought it was over?  

Again I say, those kids have shown me that we're an awfully civilized forum after all...

Re: So what happened this a.m.?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 11:32:00 am »
Who was the joker that got them interested in hacking the forum?  These things usually don't happen for nothing, you know.    Did someone step on their toes over on one of their bboards?

Bags

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 11:34:00 am »
I think it's a bitter pill over their forum being centered on such a lameass event.

HFStival used to be a grand affair, but that's over.   The first three bands have been announced:

OAR
 The Offspring
 Papa Roach

I'd say chances of this being an interesting HFStival are 1 in 50. Beastie Boys *plus* a good 3 - 4 bands like Modest Mouse would have to show up on the lineup to get me even thinking of heading out, and I'm *not* optimistic. HFS is announcing three bands per day until Saturday, when tix go on sale.

MaLo

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 11:36:00 am »
Originally posted by Bags:
  I think it's a bitter pill over their forum being centered on such a lameass event.

HFStival used to be a grand affair, but that's over.   The first three bands have been announced:

OAR
 The Offspring
 Papa Roach

I'd say chances of this being an interesting HFStival are 1 in 50. Beastie Boys *plus* a good 3 - 4 bands like Modest Mouse would have to show up on the lineup to get me even thinking of heading out, and I'm *not* optimistic. HFS is announcing three bands per day until Saturday, when tix go on sale.
OAR are playing at wolftrap this summer on 8/10 as well...

Bags

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 11:36:00 am »
Originally posted by Dupek Chopra:
  Who was the joker that got them interested in hacking the forum?  These things usually don't happen for nothing, you know.    Did someone step on their toes over on one of their bboards?
I was afraid to post on their forum.  And Markie did, but was more civil than you'd ever imagine --they all liked him rather a lot.  

I didn't see anything incendiary, but I only looked over there the day this all happened (last Wed or Thurs?) and this morning; nothing was there today....

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2004, 11:56:00 am »
Thanks Markie!

mankie

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2004, 11:57:00 am »
I bet it was that goober who got all pissed off because we laughed at his hairstyle.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2004, 12:35:00 pm »
In one of those classic cases of a double standards,  the Canterbury Tales quotes being posted today often included the copywrited by Librarius text.
T.Rex

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2004, 12:37:00 pm »
Was that anything like Duck Tales or Chip & Dale?

jkeisenh

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2004, 12:41:00 pm »
I do appreciate the Tales-- it's been way too long since I've read them.  

Thank you, spammy people, for making my day more literary!

ratioci nation

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2004, 12:44:00 pm »
How do we know it is actually the hfstival people?

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2004, 12:47:00 pm »
Yes, how do we know it wasn't Rhett?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2004, 12:51:00 pm »
all the users taking part in the attack were newly registered since yesterday.  at time of the bigyawn attack this forum's registration system was down, which was mentioned on the hfstival board.  and at least one of the people taking part this morning has the same email address. i'm sure that some reverse ip address lookup will produce interesting results as well.
T.Rex

ratioci nation

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2004, 12:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  all the users taking part in the attack were newly registered since yesterday.  at time of the bigyawn attack this forum's registration system was down, which was mentioned on the hfstival board.  and at least one of the people taking part this morning has the same email address. i'm sure that some reverse ip address lookup will produce interesting results as well.
ok, I guess it is them, just seems weird that they would still care

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2004, 12:55:00 pm »
I wonder how they got it up. There's no mention of it on their site like there was when they flooded bigyawn.