Author Topic: Vienna vs. the back alleys of DC  (Read 10823 times)

Re: Vienna vs. the back alleys of DC
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2005, 03:42:00 pm »
Vienna, MD, IS THE BEST!

Fuck the rest.

Bartelby

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2005, 04:08:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam4:

Originally posted by god's shoeshine:

moose jaw, saskatchewan > any nova suburb
any nova suburb > baltimore [/b]
if you like traffic jams, SUVs and strip malls! [/b]
Yuppified strip malls and there is NO comparison between JamminJ and the 930.  Dan is flattering himself.  

I heard some Viennesians talking in line there last week, and they are sooooooo proud of their new status.  They have a HORRIBLE traffic problem:  No ethnic influences or neighborhoods (NO Anita's DOES NOT COUNT), no moderately priced housing, a private police force that uses EXCESSIVELY intrusive techniques to maintain "law and order", and easy access by Metro primarily for their latino housekeepers to get to work at their homes since EVERYONE I know who lives there DRIVES everywhere.  

Bite me, Vienna. You're white bread America without ANY color or flavor.  "Your" community is the LAST place I'd live in the metro area. I'd rather dodge bullets than die of boredom.  Who answers those "polls" anyway? Turn polling on here, Kosmo.  Let's get to the truth!

sonickteam2

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2005, 04:12:00 pm »

or if you like trees, jobs and not getting shot
sounds like someones scared of the city!!!!! [/b]
i go to baltimore all the time. i have fun, but i'd never raise kids or anything there [/b]
i can say the same about Northern virginia, except i dont have fun there.....   :roll:

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2005, 04:16:00 pm »
Just because some place lacks ethnic diversity doesn't make it boring. For example, most of Europe, the Caribbean, the Pacific Northwest, Canada, Australia, etc. all lack ethnic diversity but seem like cool places.

Originally posted by BadSushi:

Yuppified strip malls and there is NO comparison between JamminJ and the 930.  Dan is flattering himself.  

I heard some Viennesians talking in line there last week, and they are sooooooo proud of their new status.  They have a HORRIBLE traffic problem:  No ethnic influences or neighborhoods (NO Anita's DOES NOT COUNT), no moderately priced housing, a private police force that uses EXCESSIVELY intrusive techniques to maintain "law and order", and easy access by Metro primarily for their latino housekeepers to get to work at their homes since EVERYONE I know who lives there DRIVES everywhere.  

Bite me, Vienna. You're white bread America without ANY color or flavor.  "Your" community is the LAST place I'd live in the metro area. I'd rather dodge bullets than die of boredom.  Who answers those "polls" anyway? Turn polling on here, Kosmo.  Let's get to the truth! [/b]

eltee

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2005, 04:16:00 pm »
Who's to say he's referring to the 9:30?

sonickteam2

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2005, 04:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer:
  Just because some place lacks ethnic diversity doesn't make it boring. For example, most of Europe, the Caribbean, the Pacific Northwest, Canada, Australia, etc. all lack ethnic diversity but seem like cool places.

good point.

Bartelby

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2005, 04:26:00 pm »
 [QB] Just because some place lacks ethnic diversity doesn't make it boring. For example, most of Europe, the Caribbean, the Pacific Northwest, Canada, Australia, etc. all lack ethnic diversity but seem like cool places.

That's funny:  Parts of Toronto seemed like New Delhi to me - London has a huge ethnic population; France also. I've never been to Australia, but I'll agree with you that perhaps New Zealand is pretty white bread since NO ONE gets to live there without a relative/sponsorship by a resident.  I personally find ethnic influences make a city/town more interesting...but hey, I didn't vote for G. Bush either....  :roll:

MaLo

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2005, 04:30:00 pm »

Bite me, Vienna. You're white bread America without ANY color or flavor.  "Your" community is the LAST place I'd live in the metro area. I'd rather dodge bullets than die of boredom.  Who answers those "polls" anyway? Turn polling on here, Kosmo.  Let's get to the truth! [/b]
Hmm..growing in Vienna my family shared many family celebrations with our neighbors, an Iraqi family, our next door neighbors were vietnamese, at school and on the soccer fields my brother and I made friends with Filipino, Iranian, Indian, and Russian kids...damn my white bread, sheltered childhood...i should've grown up in a cornfield

Vienna isn't perfect...I don't think I would've put it up there at #4, and I'll be the first to agree that the traffic sucks...but making big blanket statements about a town that you've apparantly only seen from its main thoroughfare sucks too

godsshoeshine

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2005, 04:32:00 pm »

or if you like trees, jobs and not getting shot
sounds like someones scared of the city!!!!! [/b]
i go to baltimore all the time. i have fun, but i'd never raise kids or anything there [/b]
i can say the same about Northern virginia, except i dont have fun there.....     :roll:   [/b]
i have fun everywhere i go. execpt philly. sounds like the problem is with you, not nova
o/\o

Barcelona

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2005, 04:34:00 pm »

I happened to find Spain a pretty boring country a few years ago. Now you can go to a small town in the Pyrenees and find lots of ecuadorians, bolivians, peruvians... much more interesting, I tell you, seriously.

I guess for Caribbean you consider the islands, but not Central America.

sonickteam2

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2005, 04:34:00 pm »
  i have fun everywhere i go. execpt philly. sounds like the problem is with you, not nova
well, i have fun in philly, in fact thats my favourite town in this country.

so NOW whos got the fucking problem!!!!

what is there to do in Northern Virginia that i cant do here?

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2005, 04:34:00 pm »
So are the parts of Toronto which are not New Dehli (quite a few parts based on my visit last August) thus the boring parts of Toronto?

[QB] Just because some place lacks ethnic diversity doesn't make it boring. For example, most of Europe, the Caribbean, the Pacific Northwest, Canada, Australia, etc. all lack ethnic diversity but seem like cool places.

That's funny:  Parts of Toronto seemed like New Delhi to me - London has a huge ethnic population; France also. I've never been to Australia, but I'll agree with you that perhaps New Zealand is pretty white bread since NO ONE gets to live there without a relative/sponsorship by a resident.  I personally find ethnic influences make a city/town more interesting...but hey, I didn't vote for G. Bush either....   :roll:  [/b]

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2005, 04:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by MaLo:

but making big blanket statements sucks too
Damn...I thought that's what this board was all about!

sonickteam2

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2005, 04:44:00 pm »
  So are the parts of Toronto which are not New Dehli (quite a few parts based on my visit last August) thus the boring parts of Toronto?

Toronto has plenty of diversity, just because there isnt a representative from every country on earth on every block (like in DC) doesnt mean its not diversified. but its not like Lincoln Nebraska or anything! in fact, in my high school, there was no race/ethnicity that had 50% of the population or more.  i imagine a lot of people on here couldnt say that.

and Rhett said "Canada" not Toronto, the rest of Canada is FAR less diverse than DC or even NOVA.

but thats cause we dont give every 2-bit terrorist on earth a visa and the keys to a 7-11...

godsshoeshine

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2005, 04:45:00 pm »
   i have fun in philly, in fact thats my favourite town in this country.  
that explains alot
o/\o