Author Topic: Couple of great shows  (Read 12267 times)

jadetree

Couple of great shows
« on: January 07, 2003, 12:06:00 am »
Two outstanding shows just announced<P>Rilo Kiley/Good Life at the Black Cat 3/1 - I love good life and have been listening to Rilo Kiley non-stop last couple of weeks, I was at Sigur Ros when Rilo Kiley played last time but I think if that happened again i would opt for Rilo Kiley<P>and Paul Weller at 9:30 february 19th

Henry Dark

Re: Couple of great shows
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2003, 11:04:00 am »
And Banjer Dan has a host of new shows listed on pollstar as well.

jadetree

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2003, 11:12:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henry Dark:<BR><B>And Banjer Dan has a host of new shows listed on pollstar as well.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>no idea who that is

Henry Dark

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2003, 11:19:00 am »
He's some talentless guy who plays the banjo and sings. He was playing outside of Union Station one morning and had a sign saying who he was and a bucket for donations. How he gets actual gigs is beyond me.<P>   But I guess he was better than the guy who plays improvisational jazz on his sax and stops in mid note to start cursing at passersby and telling them to fuck off. Next time I see him do that I'm going to start kicking the shit out of his sax case.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B> no idea who that is</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

jadetree

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2003, 11:21:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henry Dark:<BR><B>   He's some talentless guy who plays the banjo and sings. He was playing outside of Union Station one morning and had a sign saying who he was and a bucket for donations. How he gets actual gigs is beyond me.<P>   But I guess he was better than the guy who plays improvisational jazz on his sax and stops in mid note to start cursing at passersby and telling them to fuck off. Next time I see him do that I'm going to start kicking the shit out of his sax case.<P> </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>sounds awful, is this the sax player at union station?

Henry Dark

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2003, 11:31:00 am »
Yes, have you seen him before?<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B> sounds awful, is this the sax player at union station?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

jadetree

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2003, 11:35:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henry Dark:<BR><B>Yes, have you seen him before?<P> </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I remember seeing a sax player there when I used to work down there but that was a couple of years ago, dont remember him yelling at anyone.

Henry Dark

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2003, 11:54:00 am »
I've used that metro station for 5+ years, and there probablyhave been a number of different sax players. I've noted the guy who curses people on several occasions. Haven't seen him in awhile, probably too cold for him.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B> I remember seeing a sax player there when I used to work down there but that was a couple of years ago, dont remember him yelling at anyone.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Guiny

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2003, 12:02:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B> no idea who that is</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>WHAAAAAT!!!!!!!! Jadetree not knowing who someone is??????? I havent seen that in awhile.

jadetree

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2003, 12:14:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Guiny:<BR><B> WHAAAAAT!!!!!!!! Jadetree not knowing who someone is??????? I havent seen that in awhile.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>when did knowing everybody become my thing?

Guiny

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2003, 12:28:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B> when did knowing everybody become my thing?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hey its a compliment, seems like every group i've never heard of you have, i need to start coming to you for advice.

jadetree

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2003, 12:40:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Guiny:<BR><B> Hey its a compliment, seems like every group i've never heard of you have, i need to start coming to you for advice.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>thanks I guess, but this boards focus is actually pretty narrow, so not that hard to know a lot of the bands people talk about

wingelbert humptyback

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2003, 12:28:00 pm »
<BR>I had no idea Good Life was coming back, but I definitely won't be missing that! That band has really come into their own and I give Tim Kasher much respect for doing something so completely different than Cursive.<P>Rilo Kiley I just don't get. I saw them at the Metro last year and thought they were pretty ho hum, but they certainly seem to get a lot of good press. Maybe it's because that kid that used to be on "Boy Meets World" and "Salute Your Shorts" is in the band, that has to mean something I guess. I mean, for cripes sake that kid acted alongside Donkeylips!! Too bad he was such a tool when I reminded him about it. There's no shame in knowing Donkeylips, people.<P>thanks for sharing the info tho.

jadetree

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2003, 12:31:00 pm »
Just saw another good show - guess I have not been checking Birchmere site enough - Jayhawks are playing the Birchmere 1/31, I already have tix to The Pretenders but Jayhawks put on a great show at the Birchmere last year.  May have to consider selling The Pretenders ticket.

Henry Dark

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2003, 12:58:00 pm »
The Jayhawks show is acoustic. Did you see them acoustic?<BR>   I never quite liked them as much after Mark Olson left the band.<BR>   Years and years ago, they were opening for Matthew Sweet, but my friend farted around and we got there late and only caught the last two songs. He complained that they sounded like Willie Nelson, but he later learned to appreciate the Jayhawks and Willie.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B>Just saw another good show - guess I have not been checking Birchmere site enough - Jayhawks are playing the Birchmere 1/31, I already have tix to The Pretenders but Jayhawks put on a great show at the Birchmere last year.  May have to consider selling The Pretenders ticket.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>