Author Topic: Gridskipper says "Cancel These DC DJ & Dance Ni  (Read 6198 times)

calecp01

Re: Gridskipper says "Cancel These DC DJ & Dance Ni
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 10:15:00 am »
Originally posted by misterdisco:
  I wouldn't call it "linkbaiting." Gridskipper is a part of the Gawker network, and probably doesn't have any trouble getting hits at all.

That having been said - I don't think it's about bashing nights that are perennial favorites, as many popular nights were also mentioned on the same author's "Best Of DC DJ nights" entry. Everybody's entitled to their opinion - wouldn't people who post on a message board realize this?

Different strokes for different folks, man.
I'm sure your favorable opinion has nothing to do with the fact that your night got listed in the best of...   ;)

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2008, 10:26:00 am »
What talent? DJ's have talent? I can piss seated, standing, and standing on one leg. Shouldn't I get paid for my talent?

Originally posted by cale:

Originally posted by tigers scare me:

They're a waste of time and $10 cover charge. What's the cover charge for anyway?  
The clubs still need to pay their staff... [/b]
Um, and the talent... [/b]

sacriforce

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2008, 10:45:00 am »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  What talent? DJ's have talent? I can piss seated, standing, and standing on one leg. Shouldn't I get paid for my talent?
yeah .. that's just plain ignorant.

as for the article itself, that crap about "trance-remix asshole from NYC" was all douche. to get so snotty on someone you don't even know, or even have the time to do research on ... it's like, hey tool lady, go back to writing tips on fag haggery. Seriously, between this and the CP piece last week by Amanda Hess, there's too much energy spent on quips and too little on clues.

walkonby

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2008, 10:48:00 am »
djs are like rappers . . . they steal other people's music and call it their own.  that's why most people love it; they're just as unoriginal as what they are listening to.

sacriforce

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2008, 10:57:00 am »
Originally posted by walkonby:
  djs are like rappers . . . they steal other people's music and call it their own.  that's why most people love it; they're just as unoriginal as what they are listening to.
such fomtoolery.
 snooooore.

walkonby

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2008, 11:16:00 am »
what happened to thedirector217?  he would want to bash me for what i just said.  i wander if brian would call me an name even if he agreed with what i said?  i do like your pictures, sexy.

sacriforce

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2008, 11:39:00 am »
aw come on. I didnt call you a name.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2008, 12:21:00 pm »
I think I saw him with sweetcell at the Blonde Redhead show...

what happened to thedirector217?  
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2008, 12:35:00 pm »
thedirector, callat703 and i were indeed at the blond redhead show.  good times.

thedirector hasn't been posting as much recently b/c work has cut him off.  and if you know him, you'll understand why he isn't posting at night - things to see, people to do.

those who think that all djs are talentless hacks either lack experience or are close-minded.  yes, there are a lot of bad or uninspiring djs out there just as there are a ton of bad or uninspiring bands.  a good dj != human jukebox (what a lot of people assume they are).  the fact that anyone can press "play" does make dj'ing acessible, but not everyone can keep a place dancing/interested all night long.  and there are technical skills involved, depending on the quality of the dj: beatmatching, making sure the keys of two tracks fit together, and you can get very creative with how songs are mixed/mashed together.  hell, just being able to get past what you think is good and play stuff that keeps everyone interested isn't the most common of attributes in people.
<sig>

MisterDisco

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2008, 02:18:00 pm »

Originally posted by misterdisco:
  I wouldn't call it "linkbaiting." Gridskipper is a part of the Gawker network, and probably doesn't have any trouble getting hits at all.

That having been said - I don't think it's about bashing nights that are perennial favorites, as many popular nights were also mentioned on the same author's "Best Of DC DJ nights" entry. Everybody's entitled to their opinion - wouldn't people who post on a message board realize this?

Different strokes for different folks, man.
I'm sure your favorable opinion has nothing to do with the fact that your night got listed in the best of...    ;)  [/b]
I should've disclosed that in my first post, but I didn't want to look like a spamtard. It has nothing to do with that - the only point I was trying to make was that Gawker gets a ton of traffic naturally.

reggie

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2008, 03:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by _Sexy Fitsum_:
  wah wah wah

calecp01

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2008, 01:39:00 pm »
You can't be serious. Are you implying that anyone could get on the decks and do what, for instance, DJ DK, Dave Nada, or Tittsworth do? You obviously have no clue what you're talking about.

They're a waste of time and $10 cover charge. What's the cover charge for anyway?  
[/b]

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2008, 02:50:00 pm »
I guess a better question might be...what retard would pay money to see/hear them do what they do, when there's plenty of live music as an alternative?

You can't be serious. Are you implying that anyone could get on the decks and do what, for instance, DJ DK, Dave Nada, or Tittsworth do? You obviously have no clue what you're talking about.

[/b]
[/b]

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2008, 03:02:00 pm »
Wow.
‼‼?‼‼

azaghal1981

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2008, 03:11:00 pm »
I don't know how some of you who have been members of  this forum as long as you have still let these comments phase you.
احمد