Author Topic: Gridskipper says "Cancel These DC DJ & Dance Ni  (Read 6196 times)

calecp01

Re: Gridskipper says "Cancel These DC DJ & Dance Ni
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2008, 03:25:00 pm »
Like the DJ Shadow show at 9:30 Club?  Oh wait...

Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  I guess a better question might be...what retard would pay money to see/hear them do what they do, when there's plenty of live music as an alternative?

Originally posted by cale:
  You can't be serious. Are you implying that anyone could get on the decks and do what, for instance, DJ DK, Dave Nada, or Tittsworth do? You obviously have no clue what you're talking about.

What talent? DJ's have talent? I can piss seated, standing, and standing on one leg. Shouldn't I get paid for my talent?

Originally posted by tigers scare me:

They're a waste of time and $10 cover charge. What's the cover charge for anyway?  
The clubs still need to pay their staff... [/b]
Um, and the talent... [/b]
[/b]
[/b]
[/b]

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2008, 03:39:00 pm »
There are many, many retards in DC with too much disposable income.  This is America. Bad taste runs rampant. I'm sorry if that smacks of Brian Wallalce language, but it's quite true.

Like the DJ Shadow show at 9:30 Club?  Oh wait...

I guess a better question might be...what retard would pay money to see/hear them do what they do, when there's plenty of live music as an alternative?

You can't be serious. Are you implying that anyone could get on the decks and do what, for instance, DJ DK, Dave Nada, or Tittsworth do? You obviously have no clue what you're talking about.

What talent? DJ's have talent? I can piss seated, standing, and standing on one leg. Shouldn't I get paid for my talent?

Originally posted by tigers scare me:

They're a waste of time and $10 cover charge. What's the cover charge for anyway?  
The clubs still need to pay their staff... [/b]
Um, and the talent... [/b]
[/b]
[/b]
[/b]
[/b]

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2008, 07:04:00 pm »
People who say DJs have no talent are the same people who make crappy mix CDs.

I like me a good dance night once in a while, but that article actually makes some pretty good points.  Mousetrap has been feeling stale for many years now.  I guess it's comforting to know it's there, like an old dog by the fireplace.

I still miss Panic!, but after all this time, that would probably be feeling stale by now too, if it had kept on.

As for underwear parties... quelle freshman year.

Bliss-Pop is one of the best, I think, because Will always puts enough variety and new stuff mixed in to keep it fresh.  It lost a certain je-ne-sais-quoi, however, when it got too big for the little back room at the Black Cat... intimacy was one of its charms.

I haven't been to the Hirshorn one, but that actually sounds promising were it done well.  How do you host a dance night in a museum, though, isn't there a danger of drunks puking on the art?

Does the Wag still happen?  I thought that was one of the better ones too, though sadly ill-attended on the times I went (and nobody I know goes   :(   )
_\|/_

calecp01

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2008, 10:53:00 am »
Bliss still happens on the backstage at the Cat (and sometimes the mainstage when there is a band)

The Hirshorn thing primarily happens outside around the fountain.

Wag is still going on as well.

Originally posted by They call me Doctor Doom.:
  People who say DJs have no talent are the same people who make crappy mix CDs.

I like me a good dance night once in a while, but that article actually makes some pretty good points.  Mousetrap has been feeling stale for many years now.  I guess it's comforting to know it's there, like an old dog by the fireplace.

I still miss Panic!, but after all this time, that would probably be feeling stale by now too, if it had kept on.

As for underwear parties... quelle freshman year.

Bliss-Pop is one of the best, I think, because Will always puts enough variety and new stuff mixed in to keep it fresh.  It lost a certain je-ne-sais-quoi, however, when it got too big for the little back room at the Black Cat... intimacy was one of its charms.

I haven't been to the Hirshorn one, but that actually sounds promising were it done well.  How do you host a dance night in a museum, though, isn't there a danger of drunks puking on the art?

Does the Wag still happen?  I thought that was one of the better ones too, though sadly ill-attended on the times I went (and nobody I know goes    :(    )

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2008, 07:09:00 pm »
thanks... hugs...
_\|/_

TheREALHunter

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2008, 12:30:00 pm »
I find it humorous that Gridskipper has a gripe with some of the dance nights having an elitist attitude yet in order to make a comment on their site you have to be approved in advance HAHA

calecp01

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2008, 12:51:00 pm »
Seriously, the gawker network sites have linked to my site at least a dozen times, have quoted me more than once, yet I'm still not approved to make comments.

Originally posted by TheREALHunter:
  I find it humorous that Gridskipper has a gripe with some of the dance nights having an elitist attitude yet in order to make a comment on their site you have to be approved in advance HAHA