Author Topic: Guided by Voices  (Read 46318 times)

jadetree

Guided by Voices
« on: June 18, 2003, 03:46:00 pm »
Seth, since you have been feeling talkative (revealing the price of and confirming the Sex Pistols) care to shed some light on whether or not GBV will be playing in August or September.  And also any idea why their encore was cut short at their last show at the club, sure it was a little rowdy in the crowd, but not even close to being out of control.

Tom Cashel

Re: Guided by Voices
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2003, 09:56:00 pm »
They probably cut it short since Bob (as he admitted before the fucking thing started) was high.

Yes, goddam it, they'll play when "Earthquake Glue" comes out.

jadetree

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2003, 10:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by Tom Cashel:
  They probably cut it short since Bob (as he admitted before the fucking thing started) was high.

Yes, goddam it, they'll play when "Earthquake Glue" comes out.
Yes I know they will playing, I was hoping for the actual date of the show.  I realize it is a long shot.  Dont remember him saying he was high.  Probably because I was a little too drunk.

marchdoe

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2003, 10:17:00 am »
Going by this

Shins, The
 2003-09-05  Trocadero  Philadelphia  PA  Guided By Voices, My Morning Jacket  
 2003-09-19  Ridlea Theater Upstairs  Fort Worth  TX    

Somewhere between those dates.

This is going to be an amazing show and even better if they drop one between the 5 and 19 in DC

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2003, 10:19:00 am »
just saw that tommy keene is doing some left coast shows with gbv... while not as amazing as gbv and cheap trick pairing, its tops as far as an guitar pop geeks ideal bill.
T.Rex

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2003, 10:23:00 am »
Where did you get Shins info?

Originally posted by marchdoe:
  Going by this

Shins, The
 2003-09-05  Trocadero  Philadelphia  PA  Guided By Voices, My Morning Jacket  
 2003-09-19  Ridlea Theater Upstairs  Fort Worth  TX    

Somewhere between those dates.

This is going to be an amazing show and even better if they drop one between the 5 and 19 in DC

Jaguär

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2003, 10:24:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo:
  just saw that tommy keene is doing some left coast shows with gbv... while not as amazing as gbv and cheap trick pairing, its tops as far as an guitar pop geeks ideal bill.
Damn! I haven't seen Tommy for years! Wonder if he's still any fun? The last several recorded works of his I heard were kind of....lame.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2003, 10:39:00 am »
he typically has yearly two night stint at iota... last time i went was magical.  his matador releases were good by not at same level as "Songs from the film"
T.Rex

marchdoe

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2003, 10:41:00 am »
Sub Pop Records

On their tour page

jadetree

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2003, 11:00:00 am »
While Shins, GBV and MMJ would be a great show, would the Shins be headlining or would GBV, have the Shins headlined here before?  I would definitely rather have two separate headlining shows for the two bands.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2003, 11:02:00 am »
the shins with gbv?  that would be sweet.  if past history holds, i would imagine that gbv would play dc the night after philly, which would be a saturday night!!  ahhhh yeah. . .
OU812

Jaguär

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2003, 11:02:00 am »
Originally posted by jadetree:
  While Shins, GBV and MMJ would be a great show, would the Shins be headlining or would GBV, have the Shins headlined here before?  I would definitely rather have two separate headlining shows for the two bands.
I would assume that GBV play way too long to open for anyone else.   :D

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2003, 11:03:00 am »
No doubt GBV would be the headliner.
 Not sure if the Shins have headlined here before.
 I'm just pissy because Shins are playing bumbershoot on the night my brother already got us baseball tickets...so i'd prefer separate shows, never been a big fan of GBV

Originally posted by jadetree:

marchdoe

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2003, 11:08:00 am »
GBV I guess is a required taste. But the way I see it, if you don't get it, I am sorry but you are missing something great.

Always have and always will be my favorite band. The Beatles of my time.

jadetree

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2003, 11:10:00 am »
Originally posted by marchdoe:
  GBV I guess is a required taste. But the way I see it, if you don't get it, I am sorry but you are missing something great.

Always have and always will be my favorite band. The Beatles of my time.
I think they would rather be The Who of your time