Author Topic: Fort Reno  (Read 8762 times)

myuman

Fort Reno
« on: June 23, 2003, 08:37:00 pm »
How family friendly are these events... my wife and newborn (3 mos) would like to accompany me to these shows... I can't be confined to a place that exposes the jungen to 200 decibels... Is there a place to walk around etc.

jadetree

Re: Fort Reno
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2003, 11:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by myuman:
  How family friendly are these events... my wife and newborn (3 mos) would like to accompany me to these shows... I can't be confined to a place that exposes the jungen to 200 decibels... Is there a place to walk around etc.
Plenty of places to walk, it is a big open grassy area, there were lots of kids there tonight.

poorlulu

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2003, 11:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by jadetree:
  there were lots of kids there tonight.
and that was just jadetree.................

actually fort reno was pretty cool.........it's the first time i've gone to a show there and i really enjoyed it..........might bring a blanket and some bug spray next time though................

paige

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2003, 08:59:00 am »
i have seen so many neighborhood families there together.. if you need a break from the noise you can just take a stroll on the nice grassy hill.. it's so nice when the weather is like it was last night - sunny and warm. blankets are always a plus, especially when you have a wean with you, and bug spray is a big plus.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2003, 10:31:00 am »
Myuman, you should definitely go. I went last night, and there were so many babies (including 2 in my group of friends). A really nice crowd and feeling of community. It is very family friendly. I agree with Poorlulu + Paige about the blanket and bug spray, though.

mankie

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2003, 10:41:00 am »
You can't put bug spray on the little'uns, and the mosquitoes are deadly now with all the rain....one of those net thingies over the stroller would be the way to go if anyone is taking a sprog.

Actually the doc said you can put it on their clothes but not the skin...and I don't care about them biting the clothes!!!!

markie

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2003, 10:48:00 am »
Neither I nor Poorlulu got bitten there last night, but then we were sitting next to more tender meat....

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2003, 10:58:00 am »
Originally posted by mankie:
  You can't put bug spray on the little'uns, and the mosquitoes are deadly now with all the rain....one of those net thingies over the stroller would be the way to go if anyone is taking a sprog.

Hey, Mankie. Did I see you at the Tony Hawk demonstration on Sunday? Thought I spotted you across the crowd.

mankie

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2003, 11:08:00 am »
Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:

Hey, Mankie. Did I see you at the Tony Hawk demonstration on Sunday? Thought I spotted you across the crowd.

[/b]
You did indeed, we took Kathleen and her friend...and she ended up getting her ARM autographed in PERMANENT MARKER by some skateboader called Buckey or Chuckey or something like that. That's what happens when you leave them to wander round on their own. Bloody kids!  ;)

manimtired

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2003, 01:36:00 pm »
bucky lasek?...he's damn good.

vansmack

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2003, 01:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:
That reminds me - I tried to catch the Tony Hawk demo in New York on Saturday but it was supposed to be on the deck of the Intrepid and with all the rain they cancelled it.  Major bummer.
27>34

mankie

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2003, 01:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by manimtired:

bucky lasek?...he's damn good.

evidently he wasn't actually skating because of an injury. My daughter likes him a lot, but also likes some other one who wasn't there but is the one the kids like if they don't like Tony Hawk.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2003, 05:33:00 pm »
I'm incredibly envious. I think I am in love with Bucky.  ;)  Too bad he couldn't skate because of his sprained ankle.

It was an awesome demo on Sunday. Tony Hawk is incredible and Lincoln may be my new favorite. It was also very cool when 3 skaters went at once.

myuman

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2003, 07:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  one of those net thingies over the stroller would be the way to go if anyone is taking a sprog.
You'll be able to spot the wife and I, we'll be there with the "net" then... found one at Toy r Us.

Captain Jack

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2003, 09:07:00 pm »
I have a bunch of B&W pictures I took of these awesome toddlers dancing at Fugazi at Fort Reno last summer. Theres nothing intimidating about Ft. Reno shows, cept for those damn vegans, but if you tell them the right lies theyll give you water. but try scoring with a beautiful vegan by befrieinding her sister, and youll never have a chance.