Author Topic: REM @ Patriot Center  (Read 5886 times)

Venerable Bede

Re: REM @ Patriot Center
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2003, 01:46:00 pm »
btw, you can request songs for each particular show.  http://www.remhq.com/html/tour/requests.html

was looking at the tour, and noticed that other places in the us get wilco or sparklehorse as the opening act. . .patriot center gets pete yawn.

also, is anyone else having tremendous server difficulty today?  70% of the time that i try to get to a web page (including my yahoo mail page) i get an error message. our IT people say that at&t is having domain service name issues in the northeast.
OU812

Jaguär

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2003, 01:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  btw, you can request songs for each particular show.   http://www.remhq.com/html/tour/requests.html

was looking at the tour, and noticed that other places in the us get wilco or sparklehorse as the opening act. . .patriot center gets pete yawn.

also, is anyone else having tremendous server difficulty today?  70% of the time that i try to get to a web page (including my yahoo mail page) i get an error message. our IT people say that at&t is having domain service name issues in the northeast.
It's fine here but I'm using a cable modem. May make a difference.

vickSka241

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2003, 02:09:00 pm »
Yeah, it looks like they'll be playing a bunch of older stuff since the tour is kinda for the greatest hits cd. I got tickets in February or so through the fan club, the fan club is great that way   :D

mankie

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2003, 02:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by vickSka241:
  Yeah, it looks like they'll be playing a bunch of older stuff since the tour is kinda for the greatest hits cd. I got tickets in February or so through the fan club, the fan club is great that way    :D  
REM still have enough fans to justify a fan club? Or is it just you and the treasurer, your mate?

vickSka241

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2003, 02:24:00 pm »
no, its actually there are members all over the world. I'm not sure exactly how many members there are though.

Random Citizen

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2003, 03:30:00 am »
I'm guessing this was the Brixton show, here's the full setlist:

BRIXTON2

FINEST WORKSONG
 KENNETH
 WELCOME TO THE OCCUPATION
 ANIMAL
 RENO
 DAYSLEEPER
 GREAT BEYOND
 SHE JUST WANTS TO BE
 BEGIN THE BEGIN
 THESE DAYS
 FALL ON ME
 CUYAHOGA
 I BELIEVE
 LOSING MY RELIGION
 BAD DAY
 SO FAST SO NUMB
 IMITATION OF LIFE
 WALK UNAFRAID
 MAN ON THE MOON
 =======================
 EVERYBODY HURTS
 FINAL STRAW
 CARNIVAL OF SORTS
 END OF THE WORLD

Originally posted by SPARX:
 From my friend Ian,who recntly saw them in England:                                                                                                        saw REM tonight.

[/QB]

myuman

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2003, 07:09:00 am »
Originally posted by mjnova:
  The last album was just awful
Says who?  Just my opinion here.... and remember I am one who actually likes albums like Pablo Honey, Zooropa, etc.... but I really enjoyed the albums New Adventures and Reveal.  I believe those albums are great on their own.  Different than their mid-eighties material, but good.  I disagree with another post in suggesting a band play their original stuff, for I can't think of anything less appealing.  You stick to the old formula, you turn into Aerosmith.... and that is as gawd awful as it gets.

sonickteam2

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2003, 08:15:00 am »
Originally posted by myuman:

Says who?  Just my opinion here.... and remember I am one who actually likes albums like Pablo Honey, Zooropa, etc.... but I really enjoyed the albums New Adventures and Reveal.  I believe those albums are great on their own.  Different than their mid-eighties material, but good.  I disagree with another post in suggesting a band play their original stuff, for I can't think of anything less appealing.  You stick to the old formula, you turn into Aerosmith.... and that is as gawd awful as it gets. [/b]
I love Pablo Honey.  its a great record. I have been listening to it for 10-11 years!

Bags

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2003, 09:50:00 am »
Originally posted by Skeeter:
  Actually, the fan club presale was a couple months ago.  This presale is just the general public presale through their website.  You don't have to be in the fan club to participate, but you do have to register. If you want to go to this show, you should see what's left in the pre-sale.
As an FYI, no tickets left via the website pre-sale.

Question -- is the show general admission?  And what are ticket prices like??

lily1

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2003, 10:42:00 am »
$50, but i don't know if its general admission. and it better not sell out until sunday night when i will be near a phone/computer/mobile so i can call ticketwanker and order my tickets. i hope its general admission though that would be great!

markie

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2003, 10:47:00 am »
isnt Patriot Center always general admission I think it would to police any other way.... too many entrances onto the floor.

Bags

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2003, 11:49:00 am »
I've asked the Patriot Center and it is NOT general admission, it is a reserved seating event.  Actually, most shows there are not GA.  But the price appears to remain $50 without a scale based on seat location.  ??

For a map of the Patriot Center seating for an End Stage show, see
 http://www.patriotcenter.com/seating/end_stage.shtml

bearman🐻

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2003, 11:53:00 am »
I've only been to one show there where it wasn't gen. admission.  I love being able to go onto the main floor if it's not crazy.  That being said, you can get some great views just off the main floor too.

mjnova

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2003, 01:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by myuman:

Says who?  Just my opinion here.... and remember I am one who actually likes albums like Pablo Honey, Zooropa, etc.... but I really enjoyed the albums New Adventures and Reveal.  I believe those albums are great on their own.  Different than their mid-eighties material, but good.  I disagree with another post in suggesting a band play their original stuff, for I can't think of anything less appealing.  You stick to the old formula, you turn into Aerosmith.... and that is as gawd awful as it gets. [/b]
Hi-Fi is an amazing album.  REM may be the only band in the world who makes better albums when they put more songs on them (14 over the usual dozen).  

But reveal is just sooooo duuuuuuullll.   It's like the new YLT.  We're happy, so let's write some boring songs.  You could call it Richard Ashcroft syndrome: have a kid and you music goes down the drain, but I never really liked the verve.  See also Badly Drawn Boy.

Chip Chanko

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2003, 02:35:00 pm »

But reveal is just sooooo duuuuuuullll.   It's like the new YLT.  We're happy, so let's write some boring songs.  You could call it Richard Ashcroft syndrome: have a kid and you music goes down the drain, but I never really liked the verve.  See also Badly Drawn Boy. [/b]
I agree with Reveal...but on Summer Sun most of the lyrics are sad and depressing if if you listen to them. It's really more of a Winter Cloud album.

And Hi-Fi is great, yes. It took me a while to get into but now it's one of my favorite REM albums.