Author Topic: REM @ Patriot Center  (Read 5887 times)

eros

REM @ Patriot Center
« on: June 24, 2003, 05:44:00 pm »
For those who are interested...they've moved their 10/6 show from MCI to the lovely GMU Patriot Center.

Sounds like they are having some trouble moving tickets time around.
ʎɐʍou

Random Citizen

Re: REM @ Patriot Center
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2003, 07:11:00 pm »
Damn, that sucks. But then again, that's probably one of the smaller venues REM will play on this tour.

MaLo

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2003, 11:14:00 pm »
i have class that nite...looks like traffic will be nice and congested on my way to and from class...

mjnova

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2003, 09:38:00 am »
Any word on when tix go on sale?  The last album was just awful, but I understand they've been rehearsing a lot of old stuff, so it should be a good show.

mankie

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2003, 09:48:00 am »
REM and the Patriot Center...two damn good reasons to stay home.

sonickteam2

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2003, 09:48:00 am »
Originally posted by mjnova:
  Any word on when tix go on sale?  The last album was just awful, but I understand they've been rehearsing a lot of old stuff, so it should be a good show.
Its about time some old bands realize that people like thier OLD songs.  Beasties, RHCP, Pearl Jam should all take note.  People may go thier shows again  :)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2003, 09:59:00 am »
the pearl jam show i went to was soldout and they played heaps of stuff from ten and beyond... excellent show
T.Rex

sonickteam2

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2003, 10:01:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo:
  the pearl jam show i went to was soldout and they played heaps of stuff from ten and beyond... excellent show
good job.  i always knew they were better than Nirvana.

Random Citizen

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2003, 07:23:00 pm »
The fanclub pre-sale started today. The public sale begins this Saturday (6/28) at 10 am via TicketMaster.

From the interviews I've read, they are dusting off a lot of old pre-"Green" songs for this tour.

"Warner Bros will release In Time: The Best of R.E.M: 1988-2003 this October 27th internationally and October 28th in the United States. As previously reported, the best of collection will include two new tracks, "Bad Day," slated to be the first single, and "Animal," which R.E.M. debuted along with "Bad Day" in Holland and London. Tim Hope, director of videos by Coldplay and the One Giant Leap project among others, recently shot a video for "Bad Day" in Vancouver just prior to the beginning of R.E.M.'s current tour.

Please stay tuned for more details about In Time."

SPARX

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2003, 08:20:00 pm »
    The last album was just awful, but I understand they've been rehearsing a lot of old stuff, so it should be a good show.
From my friend Ian,who recntly saw them in England:                                                                                                        saw REM tonight.

they were awesome.

a good portion of 'Life's Rich Pagent', a little 'Document'...
 'Boxcars'!!!
 'Fall On Me' was wonderful (one of my fave middle-eights in rock).
 'People Have The Power' into 'Its The End Of The World...' was cool.

new songs were a little 'whatever' (especially the one which was just
 the
 music from 'Its The End Of The World..' but with different words. i
 mean..
 it was EXACTLY the same).

nice to see so great an REM show after so long.

lily1

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2003, 09:36:00 pm »
i really want to go to this show, esp if they are making a sincere effort to kick up the notch with the old stuff. the albums from the 1993 and on, until this last one, were shit but they've got 15 years of earlier stuff. i love reckoning. that's my favorite album.

'course i probably can't go considering the flippin' patriot center is SO not public transportation friendly.

bugger!

Random Citizen

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2003, 01:07:00 am »
That's my problem as well. But I figure I have about 3 months to find a solution.  :D  May have to investigate those Zip/Flex Car things.

Originally posted by lily1:
  'course i probably can't go considering the flippin' patriot center is SO not public transportation friendly.

bugger!

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2003, 09:22:00 am »
Actually, the fan club presale was a couple months ago.  This presale is just the general public presale through their website.  You don't have to be in the fan club to participate, but you do have to register. If you want to go to this show, you should see what's left in the pre-sale.

They've been playing tons of old stuff from every record.  Hell, one night they played something like 4 songs off of Fables.  Rumor has it they're sounding great.

I'll definitely be there.

mjnova

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2003, 09:28:00 am »
  i really want to go to this show, esp if they are making a sincere effort to kick up the notch with the old stuff. the albums from the 1993 and on, until this last one, were shit but they've got 15 years of earlier stuff. i love reckoning. that's my favorite album.

bugger!
That's really funny seeing as Hi-Fi and Up are two of their best albums, and far better than anything during their so-called prime.

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2003, 09:55:00 am »
Advertise in the City Paper "Friends" section saying you're looking for a friend who has a car, and likes to go to shows.

bugger!