Author Topic: french kicks and idlewild  (Read 23130 times)

Cernunnos

Re: french kicks and idlewild
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2003, 01:26:00 am »
We can only hope Kurosawa.  I'm still awaiting/dreading when I hear some of their stuff on HFS, because I know if they make it that far, I can give up on seeing them live again since then I'll have to put up w/ stupid teenyboppers at their shows.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2003, 02:54:00 pm »
Another date:<BR>7TH MARCH PHILADELPHIA, PA THEATRE OF LIVING ARTS

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2003, 10:23:00 am »
while in boston seeing morcheba this weekend i was excicted to see a flyer for their boston date, meaning info on the dc show wasn't far behind.<P>although fletchers is smelly and has middling sound, it will great to see them in an intimate venue.  and one best get ducets quick for this one.
T.Rex

Cernunnos

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2003, 06:18:00 pm »
Yeah, post something here once tix are onsale.  They might go relatively quick.

Samantha

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2003, 07:26:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by indiEmily:<BR><B>Do you know if the french kicks are coming to 9:30 or black cat, my good god I hope they don't play at a 21 and over club... </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>are you all going to eternally poke fun of her for always hoping shows are @ 9:30 or Black Cat?  I hope so.

Jaguär

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2003, 08:08:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Samantha:<BR><B> are you all going to eternally poke fun of her for always hoping shows are @ 9:30 or Black Cat?  I hope so.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Not to mention, they are the best clubs in town.<P>

paige

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2003, 08:10:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jaguär:<BR><B> Not to mention, they are the best clubs in town.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>yeah its not like people are screaming to go to jaxx for any shows every day of the week.

twangirl

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2003, 09:36:00 pm »
Hey now Kosmo, Fletcher's ain't that smelly...certainly nowhere near the old 9:30, which was legendary for its smell. And the sound is damn good for a small club...a lot depends on the band and their engineer.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2003, 10:42:00 pm »
it's the smell of cancer sticks i was referring to... my clothes reek of the stuff after a show in that smoke box.  and the sound is deffo better there, at least for the last couple of shows i went to.  (Starbelly CD release and Jesus Jones) actually told the sound guy he did a great job.
T.Rex

wingelbert humptyback

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2003, 10:52:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by twangirl:<BR><B>Hey now Kosmo, Fletcher's ain't that smelly...certainly nowhere near the old 9:30, which was legendary for its smell. And the sound is damn good for a small club...a lot depends on the band and their engineer.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>i actually loved that smell. i always made a point of not washing any shirts i ended up buying from shows there. <P>cut me a break, i was stupid and young. mainly stupid.

lily1

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2003, 11:06:00 pm »
ditto<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fico:<BR><B> Fletchers=Baltimore=me not going   <P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

sparklygirl

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2003, 11:36:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kosmo:<BR><B>while in boston seeing morcheba this weekend i was excicted to see a flyer for their boston date, meaning info on the dc show wasn't far behind.<BR>.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hmm i dunno, i don't think many bands play dc and baltimore on the same tour.  grrr, philly and b'more are like only an hour apart!  i bet more people would see em in dc too. sucks :/

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2003, 11:13:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fico:<BR><B> Fletchers=Baltimore=me not going   <P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>well as it gets nearer to the show, maybe we can arrange some carpools.  i live tres near the greenbelt metro and will have room for two in ned the mini.  (who will be re-christened jez that night)<P>
T.Rex

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2003, 11:28:00 am »
Sorry, Iota is the best club in town. Smaller, more intimate, good sound, great bands. Now if they could only get rid of the beam...<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jaguär:<BR><B> Not to mention, they are the best clubs in town.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Cernunnos

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2003, 06:41:00 pm »
Yeah, but Philly is a pain in the ass to get to if you work during the week (unless you work/live N. or Baltimore, and even then...).  Unless you take off hours early (or are willing to miss an opener) you have not one but TWO rush hours to contend with.