Author Topic: french kicks and idlewild  (Read 23131 times)

megs

french kicks and idlewild
« on: January 17, 2003, 04:30:00 pm »
oh joy! have just looked at the french kicks website to discover that not only will they be touring our lovely east coast soon, but will be on tour with idlewild in march!!! perhaps someone already mentioned this in one of the idlewild threads, but i think such good news bears repeating.

kurosawa-b/w

Re: french kicks and idlewild
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2003, 05:52:00 pm »
Yes, isn't that great news?? Cannot wait!

indiEmily

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2003, 12:23:00 am »
Do you know if the french kicks are coming to 9:30 or black cat, my good god I hope they don't play at a 21 and over club...

wingelbert humptyback

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2003, 12:39:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by indiEmily:<BR><B>Do you know if the french kicks are coming to 9:30 or black cat, my good god I hope they don't play at a 21 and over club... </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>My bet is on that show being at the 930 club, but chances are that it won't be 21+ regardless of where it is. I definitely don't see it happening at the Velvet Lounge or anything.

twangirl

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2003, 04:23:00 pm »
Idlewild w/ French Kicks are at Fletcher's on March 8. Tickets will go on sale on February 5 via Ticketmaster.

wingelbert humptyback

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2003, 04:25:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by twangirl:<BR><B>Idlewild w/ French Kicks are at Fletcher's on March 8. Tickets will go on sale on February 5 via Ticketmaster.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>holy crap is that a small venue for idlewild!<BR>that's going to be quite a step up in intimacy from the shows i've seen them perform in the past.<BR>

Fico

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2003, 04:32:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by twangirl:<BR><B>Idlewild w/ French Kicks are at Fletcher's on March 8. Tickets will go on sale on February 5 via Ticketmaster.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Fletchers=Baltimore=me not going  <P>

wingelbert humptyback

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2003, 04:38:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fico:<BR><B> Fletchers=Baltimore=me not going   <P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>baltimore is... well, baltimore. but this is idlewild we're talking about.

jadetree

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2003, 04:42:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wingelbert humptyback:<BR><B> baltimore is... well, baltimore. but this is idlewild we're talking about. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I have tried several times, I still have yet to understand everyone's high opinion of Idlewild.  Above average, yes, special, no IMHO.

wingelbert humptyback

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2003, 05:03:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B> I have tried several times, I still have yet to understand everyone's high opinion of Idlewild.  Above average, yes, special, no IMHO.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah, a lot of people seem to fall into either one of two groups: Those that are highly enamored and those that are at least slightly perplexed by everyone else's fascination with the band (the latter still being the much larger group at this point).<P>personally, i really have trouble articulating what it is that makes me obsess with idlewild. i think a lot of it has to do with the fact i hear shades of so many great artists in their music (the smiths, fugazi, etc), but they still manage to make it feel new and interesting. that coupled with the passion they pour into what they do and the fact they seem to grow in leaps and bounds with every release really sells them. okay, maybe i don't have too much trouble articulating it... i'll stop now.

markie

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2003, 06:09:00 pm »
I dont obsess about idlewild, but they have made a couple of good albums and put on a good show, which is more than you can say for a lot of bands.<P>Anyone want to give me and wifey a lift?

wingelbert humptyback

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2003, 06:54:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B>I dont obsess about idlewild, but they have made a couple of good albums and put on a good show, which is more than you can say for a lot of bands.<P>Anyone want to give me and wifey a lift?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well, "obsess" is a very strong word that in retrospect I probably could've avoided. But I am definitely a firm believer in the quality of their music. In actuality, I am far too lazy to truly obsess over anything other than sleeping. <P>

Fico

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2003, 07:13:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B>I dont obsess about idlewild, but they have made a couple of good albums and put on a good show, which is more than you can say for a lot of bands.<P>Anyone want to give me and wifey a lift?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Markie, if you want to rent a car and split it 3 ways, or however many ways depending on people coming, i'm all fer it...<P>

Cernunnos

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2003, 09:01:00 pm »
Markie, where are you guys at again?  I'm in Rockville now, and work in NoVA, so POSSIBLY that could be arranged.  Plus, I live across the street from Shady Grove metro, so conceivably you could take that over, but I don't know what you'd do to get back.<BR>Dammit, why the hell are they playing Fletchers and not the Black Cat?  That sucks royal balls.  They BETTER come back and play a few months later, when the record company gets off their ass and starts promoting them (I've already gotten a few friends hooked via "A Modern Way of Letting Go" and "I Am What I Am Not"

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2003, 05:30:00 pm »
Dates confirmed so far are the following. (Possible more to follow?)<BR>5TH MARCH BOSTON MA, PARADISE <BR>6TH MARCH NEW YORK, IRVING PLAZA <BR>8TH MARCH BALTIMORE MD, FLETCHER'S <BR>10TH MARCH ATLANTA GA, ECHO LOUNGE <BR>14TH MARCH AUSTIN TX, SXSW <BR>20TH MARCH CHAMPAIGN IL, HIGHDIVE <BR>21ST MARCH CHICAGO IL, DOUBLE DOOR <BR>I think they will be spending quite a bit of 2003 over here so if certain cities aren't covered this time, they will be in the next leg.<BR>