Author Topic: french kicks and idlewild  (Read 23129 times)

paige

Re: french kicks and idlewild
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2003, 06:58:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wingelbert humptyback:<BR><B> i actually loved that smell. i always made a point of not washing any shirts i ended up buying from shows there. <P>cut me a break, i was stupid and young. mainly stupid.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>and really unhygienic. <BR>

wingelbert humptyback

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2003, 10:41:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by paige:<BR><B> and really unhygienic. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>well, i did wash them eventually. just had to wear them once first. but i'd still agree that hygiene wasn't one of my strong points at that stage in my development.

paige

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2003, 11:15:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wingelbert humptyback:<BR><B> well, i did wash them eventually. just had to wear them once first. but i'd still agree that hygiene wasn't one of my strong points at that stage in my development. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>so you were the smelly kid everybody made fun of? aw man, i'm sorry<BR>

wingelbert humptyback

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2003, 03:26:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by paige:<BR><B> so you were the smelly kid everybody made fun of? aw man, i'm sorry</B><BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>They were making fun of me because I smell? My mom always told me they were just jealous of my chiseled physique and devilish good looks. I feel so betrayed. <P>Thanks for ruining my relationship with my mom. And on her birthday of all days.<P>

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2003, 05:44:00 pm »
It's official. The Baltimore show is the ONLY area date this time around. (They are playing in Carrboro, NC the 9th.) Hopefully, they will be back in the Summer or later in the year.

wingelbert humptyback

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2003, 05:54:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:<BR><B>It's official. The Baltimore show is the ONLY area date this time around. (They are playing in Carrboro, NC the 9th.) Hopefully, they will be back in the Summer or later in the year.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I can deal with that. Fletcher's will be the smallest venue i've seen them at yet, so I am actually excited it's happening in Baltimore.

markie

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2003, 05:55:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:<BR><B>It's official. The Baltimore show is the ONLY area date this time around. (They are playing in Carrboro, NC the 9th.) Hopefully, they will be back in the Summer or later in the year.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>are tickets on sale yet?<P>I'll buy your ticket and gas for a ride......?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2003, 06:03:00 pm »
email me... we can figure something out for sure
T.Rex

markie

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2003, 06:04:00 pm »
alright I am on it.......<P>well I would be, but your email isnt in your profile.....<P>perhaps you could email my wifey.<P>thanks<p>[This message has been edited by markie (edited 01-31-2003).]

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2003, 06:06:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B> are tickets on sale yet?<P>I'll buy your ticket and gas for a ride......?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I'm sorry. I will be coming back from Philly, so I can't offer any rides. Otherwise, I would have. I'm sure someone else will help you out.<P>I agree that this small venue will be a treat! I saw them at a really small space in England, and it was super. I was just feeling greedy and hoping they would be in the area two days rather than one.

Dandy01

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2003, 06:09:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by twangirl:<BR><B>Idlewild w/ French Kicks are at Fletcher's on March 8. Tickets will go on sale on February 5 via Ticketmaster.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>According to this, tix aren't on sale yet.

markie

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2003, 06:15:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:<BR><B> <BR>I agree that this small venue will be a treat! I saw them at a really small space in England, and it was super. I was just feeling greedy and hoping they would be in the area two days rather than one.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ok, thanks for the thought! It will be interesting to see how they do. Some British bands seem to relish getting back to a small space, others resent it.....<P>I just hope the manage to get a decent sound in that odd place.<P>

markie

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2003, 06:16:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dandy01:<BR><B> According to this, tix aren't on sale yet.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>OK thanks, that was what I was wondering!<P>Now if only Brassy would come back as well I would be truely happy.

jadetree

« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2003, 06:18:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B> OK thanks, that was what I was wondering!<P>Now if only Brassy would come back as well I would be truely happy.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I still find it hard to believe you like Brassy more than JSBX.

ggw

« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2003, 06:19:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B> OK thanks, that was what I was wondering!<P>Now if only Brassy would come back as well I would be truely happy.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Were you at that Brassy & Idlewild show?<P>There were really no more than 75 people there.  Idlewild played like 30 minutes and split.  If I go to Charm City, I hope they put a little more into it.