Author Topic: The 2009 Albums Thread  (Read 196016 times)

azaghal1981

Re: The 2009 Albums Thread
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2008, 09:51:52 pm »
The Bird and The Bee - Ray Guns are not Just the Future

Didn't even know this was due out any time soon.

Three tracks in; pleasant.
احمد

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2008, 04:58:00 pm »
Hard Fi has a new album coming out this year.
HeyLa

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2008, 08:35:58 pm »
supposedly the new U2 has been delayed until '09, and music retailers are complaining.  they were hoping bono & co would ensure a happy holiday season for them.

U2 to release new album in March

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) ? Irish rockers U2 have named their new album "No Line On The Horizon," and will release it worldwide in early March, their label said on Thursday.

The quartet's 12th studio album was originally expected to be released by the end of this year, but the band announced in September that it would keep writing more tunes. Recording took place in Morocco, Dublin, New York and London.

Interscope Records will release "No Line On The Horizon" internationally on March 2, and a day later in North America.

It marks the follow-up to "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb," which was released in late 2004 and went on to sell 9 million copies worldwide, according to Interscope. It also garnered U2 their second album of the year Grammy, following 1987's "The Joshua Tree."

The new album was produced by long-time collaborators Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois, with additional production by Steve Lillywhite. Tunes recorded in 2006 with producer Rick Rubin, the man behind Johnny Cash's comeback, have been jettisoned.

Tour plans have not been announced. The "Vertigo" world tour for the last album ran from March 2005 to December 2006. U2 is partnered on touring and merchandise with concert promoter Live Nation Inc, which said earlier on Thursday that it bought back the band's stock in the company for a guaranteed $25 million -- $19 million more than the market price. Interscope is a unit of Vivendi SA's Universal Music Group.
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2008, 12:12:33 pm »
Listening to the Phosphorescent Willie Nelson covers album. Six tracks in and everything's been done really well so far.
 Tracklist:
1. Reasons to Quit
2. Too Sick to Pray
3. Walkin'
4. It's not Supposed to be that Way
5. Pick Up the Tempo
6. I Gotta Get Drunk
7. Can I sleep in your Arms?
8. Heartaches of a Fool
9. Permanently Lonely
10. The Last Thing I Needed (first thing this morning)
11. The Party's Over

احمد

Relaxer

« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2008, 12:39:59 pm »
the new Howling Bells record is circulating and I couldn't be more pleased with it
oword

azaghal1981

« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2008, 02:21:59 pm »
Animal Collective's new one not making the rounds yet is frustrating/impressive. I guess Domino's threat to sue any blogger/journalist/whoever else has a promo copy and leaks it has worked. Could an album be first heard by the masses on its official release date (1/6) again?

احمد

Relaxer

« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2008, 03:31:18 pm »
Yeah, it's pretty awesome. The thread on At Ease about this album is, no shit, 732 pages long. Just on this album! Hell, Hipinion's thread is around 70 pages.

Let's go people, let's see some spirit here!
oword

azaghal1981

« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2008, 04:46:20 pm »
I tried to get on hipinion once. My account was never activated. Lame.
احمد

walkonby

« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2008, 05:14:09 pm »
Animal Collective's new one not making the rounds yet is frustrating/impressive. I guess Domino's threat to sue any blogger/journalist/whoever else has a promo copy and leaks it has worked. Could an album be first heard by the masses on its official release date (1/6) again?

would you like to see music the way it was (controlled by col. tom parker clones) or the way it is (out of control loops of whether or not the band has the inner firm grip on their own futures - timed music leaks/free downloadables/tour incredible/cheap merch to promote the sound not the name/internet video channel galleries/impressive studio releases)?  i believe, like movie remakes, there are too many bands and they need to wittled down to diamond tips.

and back to 2009 albums - phish studio (better than that last one) . . . before hampton, but will settle for it after, as well.

azaghal1981

« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2008, 05:17:40 pm »
I agree with you. I think.

I'd prefer the latter.

That's why I'm frustrated at this not leaking yet.

Still, I can't help but be impressed at the job that's being done of keeping it under wraps.
احمد

Relaxer

« Reply #100 on: December 21, 2008, 02:38:28 pm »
I tried to get on hipinion once. My account was never activated. Lame.

I've found nowadays that if you have to get a mod's approval/permission to register, it doesn't happen unless you email them specifically and say "hi, can you pretty please approve my registration." After months of not hearing anything on my registration, I sent an email like that and was approved the same day.

Speaking of, a lot of spam showing up on this site. Wonder if we'll have to introduce mod approvals here.
oword

azaghal1981

« Reply #101 on: December 22, 2008, 01:10:43 am »
For the stoner metal fans:
"It has been a long time coming and now it is finally a reality! Legendary guitarist: Scott 'Wino' Weinrich (Saint Vitus, Obsessed, Spirit Caravan, Place
of Skulls, The Hidden Hand) has an albums worth of 'solo' recordings in the works. Assisting Wino will on the album will be Jean-Paul Gaster (Clutch) on
drums and Jon Blank (Rez n) on bass. The album will be called: 'Punctuated Equilibrium' and tracks are currently being layed down with J. Robbins (producer
of the Hidden Hands: 'Mother Teacher Destroyer') in Maryland. Wino is really excited about the results so far and said: 'Punctuated Equilibrium' will bring
my career into focus'. Stay tuned for more info regarding this incredible album"

Grabbing now.
احمد

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #102 on: December 23, 2008, 02:09:01 am »
The Morning After Girls will finally release their album sometime in 2009.

Was recorded last summer but still no date yet. They will start a world tour sometime in the summer of '09 so it's believed that it will coordinate with the release. From what I've heard of it, its very good.

azaghal1981

« Reply #103 on: December 24, 2008, 10:20:56 am »
This will make IXKPD-BK's day.

Antony and the Johnsons' new one is around.
احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #104 on: December 25, 2008, 05:57:13 pm »
So the one guy who got his copy of the Animal Collective album early and ripped it doesn't know how to rip it properly. This is like pulling fucking teeth!
There's a 128k rip going around for anyone who isn't an anal audiophile.
احمد