Author Topic: So I saw Leonard Cohen  (Read 34384 times)

saintangelsin

Re: So I saw Leonard Cohen
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2009, 10:28:16 am »
I'm guessing seats towards the back on the pavillion will be around $80. I usually only do lawn seats at Merriweather so that's only an educated guess.

In regards to selling out, I honestly have no idea. I can't see the Baltimore area drawing a huge amount of fans, but since there is no D.C. show, this is essentially a D.C. and Baltimore show. I would expect the lawn to possibly not sell out at all. Merriweather holds 10,000+ (I think). He sold out venues twice that size in Europe, but I doubt that success to translate stateside.

Looks like I'm going to have to bring my laptop to class tomorrow to get tickets. This is also going to be my first time ever going to a  show alone lol.

I am a student at College Park and I plan on going to the show as well. Perhaps we could meet up or carpool.

saintangelsin

« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2009, 10:32:58 am »
I went onto ticketmaster to try to get a ticket from the pre-sale but all I can find was these vip tickets. Where can I just get regular tickets or do i have to wait for them to go officially on sale?

Vas Deferens

« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2009, 10:35:19 am »
the fan presale ended last night at 10.

I went onto ticketmaster to try to get a ticket from the pre-sale but all I can find was these vip tickets. Where can I just get regular tickets or do i have to wait for them to go officially on sale?
(_|_)

saintangelsin

« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2009, 10:36:41 am »
Oh okay. Thanks for the info. Good news is that apparently there's still good seats, but it's for these VIP tickets. I have no clue what those include. I'll just have to make sure that I get up early on the day the tickets go on sale and try to get decent pavilion seats.

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2009, 02:00:06 pm »
I'm guessing seats towards the back on the pavillion will be around $80. I usually only do lawn seats at Merriweather so that's only an educated guess.

In regards to selling out, I honestly have no idea. I can't see the Baltimore area drawing a huge amount of fans, but since there is no D.C. show, this is essentially a D.C. and Baltimore show. I would expect the lawn to possibly not sell out at all. Merriweather holds 10,000+ (I think). He sold out venues twice that size in Europe, but I doubt that success to translate stateside.

Looks like I'm going to have to bring my laptop to class tomorrow to get tickets. This is also going to be my first time ever going to a  show alone lol.

I am a student at College Park and I plan on going to the show as well. Perhaps we could meet up or carpool.

Yeah sure, we could try doing that.

eltee

« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2009, 09:57:19 am »
What's Birchmere's involved in MPP and/or this show? Their email blast provided a pre-sale opportunity to the Cohen show. Did they get paid by TM to sponsor?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2009, 10:46:29 am »
i don't know what the exact link is, but it certainly makes a lot of marketing sense - from what i can tell, there should be crossover between patrons of the birch and cohen's target market.
<sig>

nkotb

« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2009, 12:08:57 pm »
So we can't all be econo, world class jet setter, seeing Cohen all over the globe, but did anyone else try for tix this morning?

Since I'm already in for Animal Collective on the 11th, I opted for Philly the next night.  Not bad tickets, and only $100 for a smaller venue.  Pretty psyched...although it's been a long ass time since I've braved the drive to Philly for a show.  Maybe that TOD show econo and I drove up to a few years back?

That's goign to be a brutal week:

Animal Collective on Monday
Leonard Cohen on Tuesday
Thermals on Wednesday

It's like I"m a kid again!

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2009, 01:23:27 pm »

Todays presale with 9:30 passcode is just not working.....tried every grouping....fanclub,amex,promoter,etc....will not accept

Vas Deferens

« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2009, 01:29:50 pm »
try the last field...

Todays presale with 9:30 passcode is just not working.....tried every grouping....fanclub,amex,promoter,etc....will not accept
(_|_)

Lazer Guided Melodies

« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2009, 01:30:35 pm »
I got two tickets in the middle about seven rows behind the soundboard at Red Rocks this morning.  Bring on the summer.  ;D

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2009, 01:36:26 pm »

The password you entered is not in our system. Please try again

That's all I get....

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2009, 03:11:24 pm »
Are you using the AEG/Venue/Radio Presale box?  I just tried it and it works for me.   Make sure you're not putting spaces between the words within the password.  I accidentally did that once.

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2009, 03:42:44 pm »

It finally worked! I was doing the exact same thing the whole time,it finally came up. All of the higher priced ticks are gone. The only thing that came up was 99.00 level. Double row level....left center.....gonna wait and get something closer.....somehow....

stu47

« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2009, 05:49:04 pm »
got one tix center section v almost on the aisle

117 total was a little more than I wanted to spend, but I figured it was Leonard Cohen, so what the hell, ya know